LED grow light question

Jaymangrows

Hey!

I'm currently using a 250w HPS dual spectrum light. I'm using it in a very small tent; 60 x 60 x 140cm, with only two plants inside. I've been looking into LED's lately and i think that i've decided on my next grow i'm going to make the change however i've come across something that i don't quite get. Can someone explain why on the title its listed as 300w however in the description it states that the lights true wattage is 129w?

MarsHydro 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Real For Indoor Hydroponic Plant

- Since 2016, MarsHydro sells LED lights by true watt and coverage. There are many dishonest sellers who mislead customer to believe the high output power of led grow light, but actually true watt or we say power consumption is the most important. The higher the actual wattage per square foot, the better the quality of the finished product.
- With a 1.5' x 1.5' (45cm x 45cm) coverage and true watt of 129W±10% under 220v, the Mars 300 can replace a 150W HPS or HID traditional grow light. The MarsHydro Mars white series led grow light is best for price. High Intensity LED chips brings deep penetration to plants. It is applied to grow houseplants, vegetables, herbs, medical plants, flowers, and be used in fruiting, horticulture, greenhouse, house garden, pot culture, farm, flower exhibition, bonsai, ect.

They are just over rating the light. If your gonna go led next trip look into making your own light from cob Led's . That means chip on board. Way better to make your own

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

so a few years ago when I started the hooby I had a mix of lights 42w x 8 mix of cfls in middle 120 true watt bloom led and 200 watt cfl .. and suprizing 2x4 tent I would get 8 oz per crop ..turned to be grade A shiz.. that's what got me addicted lol ...so years later iv upgraded use 1000w dimmable adjustable wing I'm very happy ... my big question is would that 120 w led bloom light do any good for anything iv only used it for 6000 hours its got plenty of life left ,,,would I be able to use it for clipping rooting anything ...thers no use for it with my 1000watters

Back
Top Bottom