LED GROW-OFF Part Deux: XXX vs. 180w UFO

Re: LED GROW-OFF Part Deux: Hydro Grow LED 205w vs. 180w UFO

I just popped in on this grow and let just say thank you for doing the research that will help me grow tomorrow

Hey Wizewizo! Kickin' ass up in here bro!

The spinner is crazy cool!

Happy today!

-Go

Just found this journal. Fantastic wealth of info and great grows.

You've got a great grasp on the tech, and your years of experience are clearly paying off in perfectly sized plants to max out your areas.

+Reps
Happy 420!

:goodjob::thumb::yummy:

Hey Papa G; glad you found me. Seen you around in the other LED journal's and almost felt left out. Hehe. Thanks much man, look forward to see you chime in the rest from here on out. +Reps

Hey Wizewizo! Kickin' ass up in here bro!

The spinner is crazy cool!

Happy today!

-Go

HI GoG; Dude, no joke that spinner is rockin shit!

I swapped out the water tonight in the LED's and went 1/3 strength on the base nutes and 2.5ml/gal of Gravity that will be ran for 7 days. Then we'll hit them with 1/2 strength base nutes for about 10 days and then start the flush...

HI GoG; Dude, no joke that spinner is rockin shit!

I swapped out the water tonight in the LED's and went 1/3 strength on the base nutes and 2.5ml/gal of Gravity that will be ran for 7 days. Then we'll hit them with 1/2 strength base nutes for about 10 days and then start the flush...

you like that gravity? i have a bottle but haven't used it really, doset it make them allot fatter or just only make them more dense?

you like that gravity? i have a bottle but haven't used it really, doset it make them allot fatter or just only make them more dense?

This will be the 4th time using it to finish out a crop. Threw the first 3 times using it I'd say that it make them appear fatter, but instead builds up tons of calyxes inside the buds making them denser in the end. Keep in my this is just my belief and guesstimate from the density of my buds from before using it, to now after completeling a couple of rounds with it.

But so far I like it, and my flowers appear to be denser in the end. I havent tried any of their other products, but have heard a lot of mixed reviews about most of their products, as with most nutrient lines, not everyones gonna like it or for that matter even use it properly to get the results their after. I've heard you say it before and I'll say it again, keep it simple stupid......

This will be the 4th time using it to finish out a crop. Threw the first 3 times using it I'd say that it make them appear fatter, but instead builds up tons of calyxes inside the buds making them denser in the end. Keep in my this is just my belief and guesstimate from the density of my buds from before using it, to now after completeling a couple of rounds with it.

But so far I like it, and my flowers appear to be denser in the end. I havent tried any of their other products, but have heard a lot of mixed reviews about most of their products, as with most nutrient lines, not everyones gonna like it or for that matter even use it properly to get the results their after. I've heard you say it before and I'll say it again, keep it simple stupid......

ya when i did use it i can tell it didnt mix good with my nutes. but my friends swear by it and their shit is rock hard. now i have used their snow storm ultra and that kicks ass. i was blown away have fast it made resin show up on my girls. but good old molasses is all thats really needed

ya when i did use it i can tell it didnt mix good with my nutes. but my friends swear by it and their shit is rock hard. now i have used their snow storm ultra and that kicks ass. i was blown away have fast it made resin show up on my girls. but good old molasses is all thats really needed

Molasses is my nemesis! LOL, I've only lost a few plants ever and 2 of the best most beautiful girls that I had ever grown that were just entering their 4th week of bloom. I hit them with just .5tsp/gal in my res, woke up the next day, they looked beautiful! Woke up the day after that and they were pretty much dead. The roots were colonized by slime and killed 2 out of my 4 girls of that harvest. Needless to say never again with the molasses for my ass in hydro. I have some soil side project goin and I'm sure I'll test it out in there. But I've heard some in hydro use molasses without issues. I probably never would have tried it but Cammie recommended to me so I gave it a go, never told her, or ripped on her, as it was my decision to test it out. Live and learn. And back to that sayin again keep it simple stupid...

Molasses is my nemesis! LOL, I've only lost a few plants ever and 2 of the best most beautiful girls that I had ever grown that were just entering their 4th week of bloom. I hit them with just .5tsp/gal in my res, woke up the next day, they looked beautiful! Woke up the day after that and they were pretty much dead. The roots were colonized by slime and killed 2 out of my 4 girls of that harvest. Needless to say never again with the molasses for my ass in hydro. I have some soil side project goin and I'm sure I'll test it out in there. But I've heard some in hydro use molasses without issues. I probably never would have tried it but Cammie recommended to me so I gave it a go, never told her, or ripped on her, as it was my decision to test it out. Live and learn. And back to that sayin again keep it simple stupid...

yup dont use molasses in hydro.lol.. but in soil it works great. and your right i dont like all that crazy stuff adding to my girls, ill try a few things here and their to see whats what, but i dont go all crazy like allot of people do adding 20 different things. every grow ill try something new and see if it make a big difference where i would use it again. but for the most part K.I.S.S. is the best thing.

i would love to see pics of ur 600w grow if you have a chance, or you could even PM them to me if you dont want to post them, would be nice to compare to my 600w led grow since i never used a 600w hps only a 1k.

So yeah, heres a picture of the 600w tent with the scrog on one side and the supercropped on the other side. The tent is set up for monthly harvest. The scrog'ing that was done was 'weak sauce' it was my first time tryin a scrog in a few years and with new gens to boot. So I didnt get the stretch that I needed to get them big donkey dick cola's but it's pretty well packed with lil'snuglets. The supercropped side is really lookin good. Runnin purple kush and gdp in that tray, and the scrog side has a lot of variety. The scrog side was started 3 days behind the LED's for a timeline reference...

600w_tent_004_Large_.JPG

So yeah, heres a picture of the 600w tent with the scrog on one side and the supercropped on the other side. The tent is set up for monthly harvest. The scrog'ing that was done was 'weak sauce' it was my first time tryin a scrog in a few years and with new gens to boot. So I didnt get the stretch that I needed to get them big donkey dick cola's but it's pretty well packed with lil'snuglets. The supercropped side is really lookin good. Runnin purple kush and gdp in that tray, and the scrog side has a lot of variety. The scrog side was started 3 days behind the LED's for a timeline reference...

600w_tent_004_Large_.JPG

very nice brother. clean setup.

Sorry it took so long to get my butt over here. Very nice setup wiz. I'm always interested in a Led grow but the Afghan kush is a particular favorite, makes it even better.

+reps for a smooth well run comp grow.:thumb:

That spinner makes me want.

pretty enteresting stuff ! cant wait to see how it works out good luck and get growing yeahhhh !!!

Can't wait for the end results bro!!

You have come a long way in this damn process...

Keep it up! Looking like you will get some yummy nugs!

-Go

I've been following your thread from the get go! Im a happy to see things finally coming to an end. I am even more happy that you did not have to pay face value for either lights because.....well......Im not going to go there..
%0

Just found your thread today and just finished reading through the whole thing. I am really interested in the spinner, I saw one at the THC Expose a week ago and kind of blew it off because of the price but after seeing how well your grow with it is going now I feel kind of a fool, oh well you live and you learn.

Since first reading of your spinner I have been wondering how well it would work if you could get the right kind of LED for it. As I have never seen a LED bulb in the correct configuration needed I guess maybe it is something the LED manufacturers should be looking into because it seems that it would be a good combination.

Nice work, great thread and +rep. :bravo:

When is your harvest date? By looking at the pics it must be very soon as they look ready right now although I am unable to see the trichromes in the pics, guess I need a better mag glass. hehe

Does anyone happen to know how many wavelengths you get from outside light since the LED's are now up to 11 I am curious as to how many are actually needed for growing indoors.

The girls are looking good, be sure to let us know how they smoke and what kind of weight you end up with.

Back
Top Bottom