LED Help & Input

swayzeinc

420 Member
Hey everyone! I'm an experience grower just getting back into the game. Ive always grown with HPS but I am looking to get into the LED market if at all possible. I've been poking around the web the last week or so and have come across some good stuff but would like to hear from some of you that have experience with these things. I am on a budget and I know there are some bad ass lights out there but I am looking for something that is going to give me the most coverage for the least amount of money. My budget is about $1000 and I'd like to get something that can cover an 8x8 space. The lights dont have to be the top of the line but obviously I'd like the best I can get for what I'm looking to spend. I grow outdoors and this is just something that will help me bring some money in to put back into the outdoor garden. Id like to go DIY if possible but recommendations for any products is appreciated. Thanks!

Ouch

That's a big space for coverage

Look into Quantum Board, all I use and an easy diy

I covered my 4x4 for about $300

Gunna be hard to cover an 8x8 space for under a grand unless u use HPS

Good luck

Good luck with that...That is a huge area to cover! I've been using quantum boards, I used 2- 260 watt kits in a 3' x 3' tent on my last grow which turned out awesome. Cost over $700 USD. I know that's a little over kill, but not by much.

Ouch

That's a big space for coverage

Look into Quantum Board, all I use and an easy diy

I covered my 4x4 for about $300

Gunna be hard to cover an 8x8 space for under a grand unless u use HPS

Good luck

What qb (how many watts) did you put in your 4 x 4 tent?

You could build 6 lights that are 24" x 36"
Out of various LM301B strips
That would cover 8x8
That would cost between $2200-$2400

If $1000 is max then I would cut down your space to 4x4, build two 2x4 strip lights for about $800 total and just try to maximize the yield from a 4x4.

You can easily get 2 pounds growing 4 plants

You could build 6 lights that are 24" x 36"
Out of various LM301B strips
That would cover 8x8
That would cost between $2200-$2400

If $1000 is max then I would cut down your space to 4x4, build two 2x4 strip lights for about $800 total and just try to maximize the yield from a 4x4.

You can easily get 2 pounds growing 4 plants

I was looking into going with atreum and doing a 4x4 with 4 288.2 boards. They have the LM301B built in. Do you think the numbers would be comparable? Also do these need to be run in a tent for best performance?

I was looking into going with atreum and doing a 4x4 with 5 288.2 boards. They have the LM301B built in. Do you think the numbers would be comparable?
The only complaint I have about any of the 288 type boards is they are tightly packed in a tiny foot print of I think about 7" x 11"
Will they work? Of course, I just think strips are more efficient, they spread the light more evenly and they run cooler.

If you aren't into building your own I'd buy meizhi LED lights. For 1000 you could buy a bunch of their "600" watt equivalent lights. I think they are about 200watt real draw. I still don't think that will give you enough light on 8x8 footprint but on LED I don't think that's gonna happen.

If you aren't into building your own I'd buy meizhi LED lights. For 1000 you could buy a bunch of their "600" watt equivalent lights. I think they are about 200watt real draw. I still don't think that will give you enough light on 8x8 footprint but on LED I don't think that's gonna happen.

Do you think these meizhi's are better than a mars hydro reflector 192? Mars has the listed at $217 so I could do an 8x8 for $868. Or they have a black friday deal for the MarsII1600 at $270 which would put the final price at 1080. There are just so many choices!

I run my grow on a very tight budget too i found FSGTEK on amazon and they work for me. My grow you can see my grow space in the link below. I have no affiliation with this company, I just want to help individuals that are on a tight budget make their way.

The only complaint I have about any of the 288 type boards is they are tightly packed in a tiny foot print of I think about 7" x 11"
Will they work? Of course, I just think strips are more efficient, they spread the light more evenly and they run cooler.

You mentioned 4 plants for a 4x4 space. What size pots would you recommend doing this in?

just a note, tho i am sure y'all are quite aware,,

an 8' x 8' space is not just twice as big as a 4' x 4' space,,

it is '4' times bigger :thumb:

cheers

i see ya figured it already,, cheers

You mentioned 4 plants for a 4x4 space. What size pots would you recommend doing this in?
Depends on how you want to grow.
If you are set on bottle feeding then I would do 7 gallon fabric pots and use Coco with about 30% pumice and biochar mixed in.
If you wish to grow organic and in soil then personally nothing beats LOS No-till and just feed the soil, grow the soil and let it do all the work for you.
Get your soil-food-web ecosystem going in your pot, inoculate with mycorrhazae, add cover crop, worms, Rove Beetles, and feed to worms and Beetles Gro-kashi, get some fungus going.
For that to work properly 25 gallon fabric pots works best.

Depends on how you want to grow.
If you are set on bottle feeding then I would do 7 gallon fabric pots and use Coco with about 30% pumice and biochar mixed in.
If you wish to grow organic and in soil then personally nothing beats LOS No-till and just feed the soil, grow the soil and let it do all the work for you.
Get your soil-food-web ecosystem going in your pot, inoculate with mycorrhazae, add cover crop, worms, Rove Beetles, and feed to worms and Beetles Gro-kashi, get some fungus going.
For that to work properly 25 gallon fabric pots works best.

LOS alllllll day!

I was looking into going with atreum and doing a 4x4 with 4 288.2 boards. They have the LM301B built in. Do you think the numbers would be comparable? Also do these need to be run in a tent for best performance?

I use atreum boards. It works out to about $1/watt for them. You could get 1000 Watts enough for 20-30sq ft.

Back
Top Bottom