LED help me please

Virgakc

420 Member
Can anyone help me with what LED wattage light would be right for my grow area. My space is 50cm deep / 86cm wide / 134cm high. Was planning to have one in 15 litre pot and plan to LST. Any help advise or suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks guys.

A 450W or something of similar quality would work fine. They kick out very little heat. You can switch for veg and bloom, good fans. That kind of light works well in a small space.

Thank you for your reply calvados
It's much appreciated.
Can I pick your brain about how many would you recommend I put in this space ?
Thanks again.

Thank you for your reply calvados
It's much appreciated.
Can I pick your brain about how many would you recommend I put in this space ?
Thanks again.
Sure. 1 or 2. The advantage of 2 is that you can grow two different strains. You can train one or both to fill the tent.

Do you have an extractor and filter?

Sure. 1 or 2. The advantage of 2 is that you can grow two different strains. You can train one or both to fill the tent.

Do you have an extractor and filter?
Not yet but was thinking about getting a 4 inch fan and filter, I have a 6 inch rvk fan but I think it would be to loude

Thanks again for your reply..

A general rule of thumb for using LED based lighting is 30 - 35w / sq ft (325 - 375w/m^2) drawn from the wall. Many of the low cost LED manufacturers will specify an HID equivalent wattage. Don't pay any attention to that, always go for the actual power.

You have a low ceiling in your grow space, so I'd recommend that you look for two or three smaller lights rather than one more powerful light.

Of our sponsors, Timber seems to have the best options for you. The quantum board kits take less vertical space than the COB kits. The difference between COBs made by Citizen, Bridgelux, CREE, and Samsung is their efficiacy. The amount of light produce by each is about the same in our application, and the cost of ownership over their lifetime including power is very close. You can choose a Citizen based light with a lower purchase cost and higher power cost, or one of the others where this is reversed. For a COB based light I'd recommend the 2TL with 3500K light. One distinct advantage of a COB based light is that it is easily upgraded at a low cost when technology changes.

Thanks again
I have not yet started.
I am in the process of finishing my grow area and I am trying to get the best environment possible before I put any ladies in there. I am not New to growing. I have just not been very successful in the past
I will update you on my progress when I have everything I need.
Thanks again calvados for taking the time to help the newbie

I've only used LED lights.

Converting your measurements to feet. COB watts needed:

Choosing the right light

1.6 x 2.8 x 38 = 170 COB watts needed.

3500K is the recommended color temperature (sounds like color spectrum)

200 watt citizen kit = $279

200 watt 2TL = $379

Is this right? What kind of heat do they generate.

Either one would be great for this space. The kit seems to be easy enough to put together. All you'e need is two lengths of 3/4" or 20mm angle aluminum. Drill a few holes to mount the COBs, driver, and other electrical devices, and you're pretty much done. I suggest clamping the two pieces of angle aluminum together to drill your holes so that everything lines up.

Not yet but was thinking about getting a 4 inch fan and filter, I have a 6 inch rvk fan but I think it would be to loude

Thanks again for your reply..
What size pots would you recommend if I put 2 in there ?
I have two different strains, from sensi seeds, super skunk and 3 free Jack herer seeds, I plan to use Coco fiber and canna nutrients. Any suggestions are welcome
Your input is greatly appreciated...

Just updating you guys.
Seeds opened 29/4
Planted them in approximately 1/4 Lt container
Under 18/6 of light.
One up on the 1/5 ( still waiting for the other one, but I think I am waiting in vain for that one ) ...
So I have to settle for the one. So my question is what size container would be best for one lady in my grow area.?
Thanks again guys.

It should be okay. You'll have to control your plant's height since you only have 1.34m (4' 5") total. You lose at least 40cm for the light and space above the plant, and the height of your pot.

I have a 30 liter square container, would this be okay to use in my space ?

What does it look like? Is it a normal pot? If yes, then that's very good. You need to let the roots develop in your existing one for a couple of weeks. Water gingerly. You can stick a clear plastic cup over the top to generate some extra humidity.
Did you get a light yet?

I have it in the bottom of a milk container that I cut down, and the container that I want to use in not a conventional container, it's a storage container ( L37. 7 X w27.7 X H 36.7 cm ). And yes I have it all set up now calvados
Thanks again for your reply's guys.

I have it in the bottom of a milk container that I cut down, and the container that I want to use in not a conventional container, it's a storage container ( L37. 7 X w27.7 X H 36.7 cm ). And yes I have it all set up now calvados
Thanks again for your reply's guys.

With a little over 57cm available to your plant, you're looking at a ScrOG to get the most out of it.

Back
Top Bottom