LED & HPS in same grow tent?

Thanks for the input, I don't want to waste my money. It seems odd that there are so many conflicting opinions re LED's. So ur sayingthat 2 sp250 are better than 1 600w HID? They look Ok, but I can get the HGL quantum board kit for the same price as 2 sp250 and it has the same coverage (veg 4x4 flow 3x3). If the Mars sp was cheaper I would trust your opinion and give it a go- but I will go with the more reliable brand quantum board for the same price. Glad your sp's are good!
Hey bud you buy what you need I just was letting you know mars are good lights here is a pic of both tents with lights on
20200321_203008.jpg
20200306_163720.jpg

Thanks for the input, I don't want to waste my money. It seems odd that there are so many conflicting opinions re LED's. So ur sayingthat 2 sp250 are better than 1 600w HID? They look Ok, but I can get the HGL quantum board kit for the same price as 2 sp250 and it has the same coverage (veg 4x4 flow 3x3). If the Mars sp was cheaper I would trust your opinion and give it a go- but I will go with the more reliable brand quantum board for the same price. Glad your sp's are good! Happy Growing!
Comparing LED to HPS I'd go with LED. Comparing LED to QB I'd go with QB. So yes 2 - sp250's are better than 1 600 watt HPS but not as good as QB's to be fair about things.

Hi, I'm just setting up a 5x5 tent. I thought it was closer to 3.5x3.5ft so I bought 1 600w HID HPS light with digital dimmable ballast. Now that I realise the extra tent size I need more light. I want to add an LED to keep the heat and cost down. Any advice on which size LED and how best to run it with my 600 w HID for best, even light coverage?
Thanks in advance!
(I'm growing hydroponically in an ebb and flow modular 6 pot

Back
Top Bottom