LED - just a little teaser

ya what was the point of using a 6" measurement? some growers actually grow white bud using that distance to canopy!

info about the distance where the bands are properly mixed would be useful. right?

Yep, I'll check it out, I'll get back to you next week as we see what happens, I have a beast in training waiting to finish vegging under one of them, while my current plant finishes...

I'm excited to see what you can do with them too Curso. I mean, we're trying to grow real connoisseur quality bud here after all right? Not just get a bag o'weed in the end, so being able to continue to do that with fewer watts is a genuine step forward. I expect I'll keep mine between 18"- 24". I would also like to see a comparative par reading on the Mars II's. I think Icemud did one of those. I'll go look.

:peace:

edit: A nod to Icemud for this. He tested the 80x5w Mars II in this video (posted for comparison):

gotcha. so the efficiency is the value. makes sense. Your warranty is brilliant. If they grow great I'd buy one.

I've not heard of anyone else successfully lowering led lamps as you described. Does that mean plants would be getting particular bands exclusively on certain parts of the plant since the lens would not have space enough to diffuse the light? Interesting.

If I could ask a couple of questions:
What angle secondary lenses are you using? One place says 90 degree another says 60 and 90.

In the specs for your panels you claim 11-Band LED Spectrum 380(UV)/415/440/460/480/615/630/660/720/740/790nm(IR), but in the description it says "11 different bands of complete light spectrum all the way from the depths of UV - 380 / 415 / 440 / 460 / 480 / 615 / 630 / 660 / 720 / 740 / 760nm - to the upper IR"... Are you using 790 or 760nm?

You claim to use USA manufactured Bridgelux diodes, but we all know that they do not make 380 415 440 480 615 630 66 72 760 or 790 wavelengths (they only make whites and 445-465 blues for all of their 33x33 thru 45x45 dies)... What diodes are you using?

Last question: Your home page picture shows your panel using green and yellow diodes but those wavelengths aren't mentioned (altho the 615's may look yellow depending on the lighting for the picture and monitor rendering). DO you use those colors or is the Home page picture a stock picture from the manufacturer and not of your actual product?

Not trying to be a dick, just looking for clarification.

I also have another slight test going on right now. I have the 300 in there on veg setting, closed up with no venting. I will run this for a few hours tonight and check temps.

As some may know, my grow room is (was) not vented, which was one main reason I wanted LED when getting started. For what I've done before it worked out perfectly. This morning I cut a 4" hole in the ceiling, installed a backflow preventer, and ran duct from the top of the inline fan/filter out of the cabinet and, by proxy, out of the room. So, now I can better control any heat-related issues I might have encountered.

If this light is cool enough in veg without needing ANY supplemental active cooling, that would be HUGE for me.

O.K, to better explain what I'm doing here, I have this Bud Buddy cedar cabinet and have had it sitting in this room dedicated solely to growing right now. So I've had plenty of room and didn't need to vent as it still stayed only a few degrees above ambient air in the house. One thing I couldn't do though was close the cabinet door for any extended periods without having some active exchanges, and even then it was a challenge with the Mars II 700 I had in there and I had gotten to leaving the door open most of the time anyway.

Once things got up to speed I needed active intake and careful movement of air to get pressures right and airflow adequate. I turned off all active cooling, turned on the 300W and closed the door. I came back after 2 hours (I figured if it was already too hot after 2 hrs I wouldn't torture it and waste leccy by running it all night) and it was sitting at 83.3! W00T! that only means the test goes on overnight. We'll see what it says in the morning.

p300_closed.JPG

P300_veg.JPG
cabinet_vent1.JPG

temps_2hrs.JPG

G'day gov, looking bright :high-five: You couldn't do another hempy run to get a good test and results, keep the changes to minimum so it "mostly" only light you'd be comparing? Subbed :popcorn:

I'm doing exactly that Grizz. I'm going to put a hempy 8bk in there most likely along with a high brix girl ...or three (not 8bk though) a few weeks later. I will be germinating this weekend and probably starting a journal shortly after. Germination and first 2 weeks immediately after are both exciting and anxious. I'd rather have a grow buddy in the area I could swap rooted clones with.

I want to do just what you've mentioned. I want to see what this light will do comparatively to the mars II. I checked temps this morning after my "overnight with NO fans" test. I could probably get away with it if I had to, but it got up to 88.3f when I went in this morning at 6a. That's is a good 4-5 degrees above my desired optimum and could be hazardous to my living soil. Comparatively, the Mars II was over 94f in less than 2 hours under the same conditions. I've no idea what it would have been overnight.

This was this morning:

overnight_closed_no_fans.JPG

Today, I am running it for 4-6 hrs with no fans and cabinet door only cracked open an inch (sounds silly I know, but...) the noise from the light's fans is completely silenced with the door closed/mostly closed. If I have the axial fan on the noise is negligible, but would still raise the curiosity of a nosy in-law. If I have the inline fan/filter running it's simply too loud to have house guests. A closed/locked door is not questioned here though, so no light leaks and minimal noise make growing year 'round a possibility.

more results at 12p today. I'm going to run 4 hr cycles today for simplicity. Also, I hadn't thought of it, but Curso suggested I put one of the fans on a timer too and vent/exhaust for a few minutes periodically. That would be better than running it continuously while lights on, and easily incorporated into my little test.

:peace:

Yes, I have, and use, a fan-speed controller. I usually run it at about 50-60% once I turn it on. I'll defo take a look at those S&P fans too. :high-five:

in the below photo, the two devices on the wall are the fan-speed controller (left) and the digital timer (right). I like this particular timer because it has 4 timed outlets, 4 always-on outlets and fully programmable.

p300_closed.JPG

lol...I had every expectation it would get too hot in their sans exhaust, but I had to try it. My current test holds the most promise for the situation though. Still, having all fans off with the cabinet door cracked is easily workable. A locked, light-sealed door fixes that. :straightface:

I plan to use the cabinet primarily as a veg chamber at some point, but will be flowering out in it as well this round.

:smokin:

Checked it at 12:30p and temps holding at 83.1f. No fans, cabinet door cracked. That works, even if on the high side, and it'll only be for a week. I'll have to make sure that's not too high for the soil.

Checked it at 12:30p and temps holding at 83.1f. No fans, cabinet door cracked. That works, even if on the high side, and it'll only be for a week. I'll have to make sure that's not too high for the soil.

Put your thermometer down low bro where the root zone would be. you'll have a more accurate reading for the root zone down there...its kinda high and near the out for the light ;)

Mine is currently running at about 77 at the root zone...

I went in to lower it and temp was sitting at 82.0f. I went ahead and lowered it. I'll let it run for another hour or so and check again. I think all these little tweaks will put me in the green zone with maximum stealth and no compromise to the plants. My in-laws are actually kinda cool and this will be an opportunity with very little consequence to observe how effective my efforts to implement stealth have been.

Update: 5+ hrs with cabinet door cracked 1" or so and thermometer 6" from the floor temps are 79.6f!! only light fans going so it's silent behind the locked door. Perfect.

Now, picture a 3.2 gal hempy bucket and 3 or 4 1 gal smarties with kit soil in there...:cool:

Back
Top Bottom