LED light advice

I'm also looking at a tent around that size possibly 5x5. I'm leaning heavily towards a solid investment into 1big 800 watt led light. I'm thinking it will penetrat the canopy better than lower wattage and more small lights. But I'm still very open to changing as I have not ordered anything yet, hopefully in a week or 2.

Consider diy 4 200w bars cree 3590 and 4 drivers
420-magazine-mobile435606056.jpg
like this 200w true watts at the wall

Where did you get your goodies rounded up at? Been watching videos on a diy project. Just need to start pulling the trigger on buying.
You can buy a kit or parts. I buy from mouser.com digikey.com and pin heatsinks from ebay I got mechatronics hs rated at 50w from their suppliers. Cxb3590 36v 3500k with holders and ledl reflectors and holders. A basic 200w bar kit you can get cobs from a friend I know in usa fair priced at artificialsunspecialties.com for cob kits

I was thinking the same thing with my lights, either the solar system 1100 or two of the 550s, I've decided on the two light for a couple of reasons for one you have more build in fans to cool your lights making them last longer. A Versatile set up when it comes to angles different canopy levels and other small factors like if one goes out at least the plants won't be in complete darkness. You can always daisy chain them together the penetration is the same according to the wattage

I use 4 600 watts lEDs in a 5x5 tent in flower. Each light can cast down/focus on a small area. If I only used 2 lights some areas would not receive as much as others. It's sort of hard to explain unless you have a light meter.....think about putting 4 bulbs next to each other or spreading them out so the light is more even. CFLs sort of in theory spread the light more even but they suck.

I use 4 600 watts lEDs in a 5x5 tent in flower. Each light can cast down/focus on a small area. If I only used 2 lights some areas would not receive as much as others. It's sort of hard to explain unless you have a light meter.....think about putting 4 bulbs next to each other or spreading them out so the light is more even. CFLs sort of in theory spread the light more even but they suck.

What is the space and light you use for veg?

What is the space and light you use for veg?

For 6 seedlings in 1 gallon pots so about a 16" (two deep) x 24" long I use a 300 watt (divide by roughly 2 to figure out what it pulls from the wall in watts) at about 18-24" over the plants. In veg in 1 gallon pots one 600 watt light until they get bushy then spreading them out over two lights or moving them up into 5 gallon pots. Fans between the top of your plants make a difference.....then again some plants can be 12" away and all cranky about it's to hot while others can be 6" away and begging to get closer (all assuming fans are moving he heat). Experiment....

For 6 seedlings in 1 gallon pots so about a 16" (two deep) x 24" long I use a 300 watt (divide by roughly 2 to figure out what it pulls from the wall in watts) at about 18-24" over the plants. In veg in 1 gallon pots one 600 watt light until they get bushy then spreading them out over two lights or moving them up into 5 gallon pots. Fans between the top of your plants make a difference.....then again some plants can be 12" away and all cranky about it's to hot while others can be 6" away and begging to get closer (all assuming fans are moving he heat). Experiment....

Nice! Thanks this is helpful I'm narrowing down my light options and I'm leaning towards the new solar system by California light works or should I spend the extra money on the black dog led? This is a big purchase I want to get it right ... I'm already splurging on gorilla grow tents

Nice! Thanks this is helpful I'm narrowing down my light options and I'm leaning towards the new solar system by California light works or should I spend the extra money on the black dog led? This is a big purchase I want to get it right ... I'm already splurging on gorilla grow tents

This place has strict rules about not talking about LED vendors that don't support this site...no big deal they send you a nice long PM explaining why. So...I can't comment about those two vendors, I can say that I don't support the LED vendors here. I can suggest though shopping for $ per watt, even the same will offer a bunch of lights and some are better deals than others.

I'm headed out to Oregon in a month or so and want to pick up some good genes ... probably flower a male just to have enough seeds for a while on second thought just let a girl see light at night and you'll have 100s of "feminized" seeds

Back
Top Bottom