LED Light Spectrums

Nedhead

Hi All,

Newbie here so I do apologize if this is common knowledge.

My plants are about 5 weeks old now. Not huge, only about 6-8 inches tall but they are healthy. They had a slow start due to being in a cool location and the water ph was too high. I relocated them to a much warmer location and adjusted the ph down to an acceptable level and they have recovered and grown quite nicely since but I estimate I put them about 7-10 days behind schedule because of it. (Northern Lights and Blue Cookies btw.)

My question is this. I am using LEDS with blue and red spectrum. Thus far I have only had the light on the blue spectrum for the veg phase and my plan is to switch to red for the flowering phase. While still in the veg phase can I use both red and blue spectrums at the same time and then switch to red only the day I go 12/12? Thus far I have been going with an 18/6 schedule. Or should I stick with strictly blue while in veg and then switch to red when I go 12/12 and want to flower? What would be the impact of using both blue and red while in veg and then going to strictly red for flowering?

Thx in advance. My first grow and I'm beyond excited! I have waited literally decades for this!

Hello NedHead, and welcome to 420Magazine.com.

If it's like most "switchable" LED panels, I'd turn both switches on as soon as your plants leave the seedling stage, and turn them off when I start chopping on harvest day.

What would be the impact of using both blue and red while in veg

More growth during the vegetative phase, and a larger harvest because of it.

and then going to strictly red for flowering

A skimpy harvest due to less light, possibly also a poor harvest, due to an incomplete spectrum.

Thank-You! I knew I would make some mistakes but it's good to know they aren't the throw everything away and start over variety. :)

Today I will switch on the red spectrum as well and hopefully increase the yield a little bit. I know it won't be the same as if I used both spectrums from day 1 but every little bit helps right?

Back
Top Bottom