LED light upgrade

Hopefully next week when my light arrives al give a wee update on how it is. It's replacing a tiny mars 48 so should make a huge difference

Wow total unsure what to go for been looking at perfect sun 500 but there possibly sold out
Waiting new stock

But I have no idea what I should go for

Icemud I'm just reading about your review of the budmaster
Hell it's some reading
Is the budmaster worth the extra cash over the kind led or the platinum??

That's the question???

Cheers for the replies folks

Well Budmasters are made by budmaster in the UK, (not rebranded) where many others as far as I am aware purchase their lights from china manufactures, swap a few diodes around and have the cases made with their logos, which then they are marked up in price.... so actually those lights selling for 310-360quid, probably can be purchased for 1/2 that price or less off a wholesale warehouse site...

Budmasters use OSRAM chips where both other brands you mention use cheaper brand leds like epistar and epiled which have lifetimes of about 1/2 the lifetime of OSRAM chips... also the OSRAM SSL chips in the Budmaster are some of the most efficient SMD chips on the market so you will get about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 times as much light out of them as you would with the other chips based just on their efficiency.

Big difference in quality, and also Budmaster designes and makes the lights themselves... The other companies order them "to go" and then just slap labels on them..

Light is here looks ace. Pure white light lot better for viewing the plant with the light on
Mars was a slight purple colour to it

Budmaster say it covers 80cm square
Think it will do that in veg no problem
But I have mine 12 inches away and I would say in full flower it gives a good 40cm square coverage

Light feels well built and well happy so far with it

Time will tell on how good it is
But for my 60x60 tent it seems perfect

Light is here looks ace. Pure white light lot better for viewing the plant with the light on
Mars was a slight purple colour to it

Budmaster say it covers 80cm square
Think it will do that in veg no problem
But I have mine 12 inches away and I would say in full flower it gives a good 40cm square coverage

Light feels well built and well happy so far with it

Time will tell on how good it is
But for my 60x60 tent it seems perfect

Awesome! so will you be doing a grow journal with it?

Na a doubt it tbh would like to but it's far too time consuming doing a journal lol

What's your thoughts on the flower coverage how big do you think the coverage is Icemud?

Na a doubt it tbh would like to but it's far too time consuming doing a journal lol

What's your thoughts on the flower coverage how big do you think the coverage is Icemud?

Well based on the PAR numbers, I think it should be suitable for a 2'x2' area so for your 60x60 tent it should be just about right. I would suggest hanging it somewhere between 12" and 18" from tops of plants, which should give you good coverage and intensity. I haven't tested the new versions of the COBs yet, with the multichip design, but supposedly they are brighter than the ones I have so it should more than suit your grow area :)

Definitely update us time to time on your progress, I would love to see how they work out well for you :)

Yeah it does look good the light well chuffed
Very happy with the fact it's UK made and not Chinese.
I have worked in China I know the quality issues and false advertising they do
But yeah al try and give a update on it
As I was some time reading up on the best light for me so I know folks pain when trying to decide on what light is best for them

Chopped and dried now 5oz of bud
Not bad a thought for 1 white dwarf plant
Dwc
Veg light mars 100w
Flower budmaster 200w cob

Well happy

Tbh a have a budmaster cob now
Was looking for a new light but not any more . Gram per watt this seems do just fine
Can't wait for the next crop so see if a can improve

Well based on the PAR numbers, I think it should be suitable for a 2'x2' area so for your 60x60 tent it should be just about right. I would suggest hanging it somewhere between 12" and 18" from tops of plants, which should give you good coverage and intensity. I haven't tested the new versions of the COBs yet, with the multichip design, but supposedly they are brighter than the ones I have so it should more than suit your grow area :)

Definitely update us time to time on your progress, I would love to see how they work out well for you :)
Hey Icemud....I havent shown you my 42 X Cree in my 8x8 tent yet. Look at this monster.
420-magazine-mobile748714195.jpg

Sent from my android from outer space!

Hey Icemud....I havent shown you my 42 X Cree in my 8x8 tent yet. Look at this monster.
420-magazine-mobile748714195.jpg

Sent from my android from outer space!

I think I just pooped a little!!!! holy bejeeeeeezzee!!! That thing is a monster! Probably the biggest single DIY I have seen thus far on 1 frame! wow!

I think how you have it spaced out perfectly for a nice even spread too, I wouldn't be supprised if 1 day you open the tent and a plant gives you a high 5...LOL man... bravo! :bravo::welldone::adore:

I think I just pooped a little!!!! holy bejeeeeeezzee!!! That thing is a monster! Probably the biggest single DIY I have seen thus far on 1 frame! wow!

I think how you have it spaced out perfectly for a nice even spread too, I wouldn't be supprised if 1 day you open the tent and a plant gives you a high 5...LOL man... bravo! :bravo::welldone::adore:

When I first started making plans for it I was inspired by a guy on Youtube who put together a 32 cob setup and grew 1.9gpw with it. His unit differs from mine quite a bit but none the less, I looked at that 32 cob light and drooled a bit. Icemud, I know you're a "light guru" type too so I'm sure you know what guy I'm talking about on Youtube already.

So this 8x8 tent is actually 92"x92" so I'm really really close to 1 chip per square foot that I plan to use of the tent. I'm only lighting 92"x72-76". Keeping a bit on one end open for heat/air etc.
I'll post pic of the control panel I'm almost finished with.
420-magazine-mobile1471340900.jpg

Back
Top Bottom