LED lighting help

HigherTheHigh

Hello all!

So im building a grow box as im down sizing and i have a rough size of the area im using, the important thing for me is the height and what there isnt much off, my light coverage will be H = 30-36", W = 24", L = 36".

The height is the most concerning for me, im ideally going to try and get my plants scrogged to around 12" from base of plant to top of canopy, so this then gives me around 1.5ft to 2ft from light to base of canopy.

Im adding a full cooling system in and around the box so im hoping heat shouldnt be a problem, walls of the box will also be either pvc or similar for cleanliness and try keep it cooler.

Iv never ran LED lighting and i nearly bought one the other week but held of.

I will be running a soil grow for my plants and id ideally like more watts than really needed.

Im also interested in hearing about DIY as long as i know its safe and wont cost more than the original light.

Thanks!

How about the HLG 100 watt boards?
3 or 4 of those laid out diagonally would cover a length of 36" nicely I would think?
Very low profile because there are no fans or light housing to worry about
That will save you room on your available height
DIY with HLG QB systems are easy.
There are so many you tube videos out now that show you how to assemble and configure safely
LED Gardner comes to mind

Hello @Stunned

What are the best setups i could try make? iv read somewhere about quantums?

Yeah ill take a look on there channels soon, do you know the best shop i can buy it all from? not fussed on having to pay for more shipping as this is all part of a side project too.

Sounds like theres a lot of petty people in the grow industry too :p.

Yeah what it is if i can build my own, th whole box is around 5ft long so im leaving a good foot and a half to use to store the fans electrics and so on, should be a nice tidy box once its done.

Dont suppose you have any pictures of the stuff do you, just in general.

Timber stopped carrying quantum boards. They deal in cobs exclusively now. They have a thread about it in the sponsor section.

Still a little undecided as after the past few days iv had talks with a friend that we may end up building these boxes off on a regular basis but we are still very much in the dark about doing it, thats why its so hard to try and find something thats 100% for that space, not to over powered but not to weak, plus it will be a more regular buy too.

Still a little undecided as after the past few days iv had talks with a friend that we may end up building these boxes off on a regular basis but we are still very much in the dark about doing it, thats why its so hard to try and find something thats 100% for that space, not to over powered but not to weak, plus it will be a more regular buy too.
Haha, that is quite understandable! :slide:I always check a loooot stuff before buying a new things, search adwords, comment, etc,etc and hesitating between many brands or items, well, time will cool your mind and let you go to the right direction. :laugh:

I will be chance to be using Mars Hydro lights, we have since spoke and it is looking like a go, we have a few people to speak with first but yeah its the choice as i will be using them for every order, plus they have to be hard wired directly into the boxes instead of plugged, i do have a mock drawing of the area we are needing to be lit, will send them over in the next few days.

I will be chance to be using Mars Hydro lights, we have since spoke and it is looking like a go, we have a few people to speak with first but yeah its the choice as i will be using them for every order, plus they have to be hard wired directly into the boxes instead of plugged, i do have a mock drawing of the area we are needing to be lit, will send them over in the next few days.
Thank you higher. :D we won't let you down! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom