If you are just starting I would do two aircooled magnums or dominators 600watt mh for veg and HPS for flower they are easier to use in the beginning ima buy used of the eBay get yourself going and get a 2 or 3 grows under you belt 8 or 10 plants would be fine in that set up then when you have some better experience on growing and some dollar in your pocket treat yourself to some top notch led fittings, not so called 200watt draw 5x5 flower spread even some good companies lie about there products they don't get the flower spread they say, don't be fooled that LEDs are more energy saving that HPS good LEDs draw just as much power as HPS but they do run cooler which as you may know is the enemy in growing I would stick with an American company with good customer service and guarantees California light works solar storm 1100 two of them in that set up one on for veg and two on for flower I haven't used them but they have a good name in the industry and some commercial grower brought shit loads of them, he wouldn't part with that kind of money unless he tested the lights first and was happy with them, hope this helps you in new venture, and don't by shit as you'll buy twice even I have in the passed be patient cheers.

Oh and I forgot to say when you have 2/3 grows under you belt put your gear back on eBay probably get your money back and it will give you more of a chance to do some solid research on quality LEDs cheers

You actually need 224,000 lumens to have a great grow in a 4x8. 160,000 lumens, ( 5000 lumans psft ) is pretty good, the sun is 10,000 Lumens sft

22 cxb-3590s or 16 cxb-3590 ( 1600 watts ) ( 50watt sft )

lol, have fun with that.

420-magazine-mobile1281078437.jpg

Assuming you have wood and other materials on hand CFL setup is cheap.

Plus fans, a.c. unit and even a "redneck a.c. design"

420-magazine-mobile1926494175.jpg

Leds have no heat better penetration in foliage and the panel has true full spectrum. 18" away gives good coverage area.
Just my two cents
Good luck

lol, those cfls are like 800 watts, no? Nice setup tho, but dam, alot of watts.

Hey Bud basher, I did do a little grow just with T5 now. I do live in the middle of nowhere closest big center is 6 hours away so I think if I just go to led or cob in the long run better for me. Shipping is an issue and good warranty is an issue.

I used for my first grow 2 homemade hanging boxes built with 2x3 and one has 8 sockets max of 24 lights. 23x24 which is 552 actual watts. I was able to grow 6 plants when they were small and 4 plants straight into end of flower. Keep in mind also my box is only 32 inches wide by 48 long. If you went longer you could fit lots. I did that due to space. They do take longer to flower but way cheaper. I am happy with the set up and i am going to stick with cfl s for a while.

You can check out my grow page if you have more height and width than i did you can easily get 8 to 10 plants under 1 set up. And you can easily get 100 grams a plant. I have 1 plant nearly fully dried and cured and its currently at 120 grams so figuring by the time its done around 100 grams.

Back
Top Bottom