nelsongrow

Hi everyone newbie here. I have read sooooo much on lights and lights with a mover it is unreal. I am setting up an 4x8 spot with mylar on 3 sides. Looking at led full spectrum lights from seed to harvest. I want to invest wisely the first time. All suggestions appreciated. I do not live close to any big centers of any sort, everything done by mail or shipping.

Amazon has some good deals and I would get a
Light panel with full spectrum and bloom/veg switches. Also the figure is 100,000 lumens per sq ft of grow space, I believe. Google is your friend

Thanks Kowala, I have been on google quite a bit so many lights. Thought I would throw it on here see what happens. Thanks again.

Mars Hydro Amazon 159 for a 600watt

61UANbSjcpL_SL1000_.jpg

I priced them compared to CFL and CFL won by the upfront cost. I am running 250ish actual watts and I have spent 90 on cooling, lights, frame, and sockets.

Check out this guy's CFL setup. Running 32 x 23 actual watts per board per 3 plants 2 boards. Awesome setup only 1,472 actual watts and it's a huge room. Lumens and PAR are important with leds not watts IMO

Get the 300 watt panel for 70 one plant and go for gold. There's no time like the present and @70 for a light that is both blooming and veg is hard to beat. Especially since there is no heat issues.

Tricky question. Wife says 8 plants I say 10 LOL. I will prob try to sog as well. I only want to buy once so don't mind spending more off start.

Lights CFL setup

2 boards with 32 Lights per board
16 wall sockets with splitters to get 32 lights
So 32 per board 2 boards 64 23 actual watt bulbs
cost $10 here for a 4 package at Home Depot
Thats 16 packs
$160 for bulbs

Splitters are $3 a piece
32 splitters
$96 for splitters

Wall sockets are $4 a piece
32 wall sockets
$128 for sockets

420-magazine-mobile1281078437.jpg

Assuming you have wood and other materials on hand CFL setup is cheap.

Plus fans, a.c. unit and even a "redneck a.c. design"

420-magazine-mobile1926494175.jpg

Leds have no heat better penetration in foliage and the panel has true full spectrum. 18" away gives good coverage area.
Just my two cents
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom