LED MPII Cree, Soil, Autoflower, Ugwad's 3rd Organic Grow

Yes, my guess is that some plants just don't have it. They are genetically lacking in potency and harvesting them at the peak and perfect ripeness isn't going to fix that problem.

I kind of like my idea of harvesting when most of the leaves are almost completely drained of nutrients. I've been removing a bunch of leaves each day. These are just falling off with no effort or a slight tug. It appears to me the majority of all 3 the plant's leaves have lost about 70% of their color, but they keep producing new growth areas on the flowers everyday. I doubt I can even make it 3 days longer. I don't want to trim brown, brittle leaves off the buds, that would be bad. But I want to take it to the max.

I'm going to take all 3 to the sink today and give a good soaking. I'll be able to see the leaf colors more accurately. Today might be the day I'll give them 24 hours of darkness and then harvest.

Ugh, I think this journal is cursed. Some how a bunch of the photos I've posted got renamed. Now they don't show up. I'm not exactly sure how this happened, as I certainly can't find a way to rename them again.

On top of that I seem to be restricted from posting pics. I don't know why. I thought I might just try to post the photos again, where they are missing and nothing shows up.

So, without pics the update is that I've harvested the tippy-topped plant today. I'm going to use the low and slow method to cure, which is supposed to make this incredible difference. I'm excited to find out. Right now the flowers are hanging in the closest after their bath in water and H2O2 and a plain water rinse. They have been drying off the bath water over the last 4 hours. Then they will go in the fridge. We shall see...

I don't think the amount of bud I produced was exceptional. I took off all of the main branches - there were eight. That all weighed, I believe 115 grams wet. I didn't harvest a ring of buds just above the stalk - which I could show a pic. There's not a ton there, perhaps 10 grams. Actually, I'm going to trim them further before putting them in their jars. So the 115 gams will be less. I believe several people in an autoflower topping thread were claiming 3-4 oz of dried bud per plant. I suppose mine might come out to 1.5 ounces dry. We shall see... ;-)

I just wanted to see what would happen if I put that ring of leaves and buds just above the stalk back into the light. My intention is to ripen them up a bit more. It's probably a waste of time, but I'm curious.:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom