LED Panel Suggestion/Advice for Secret Jardin DS60

brofessional

Hello,

I used to grow with HID lights (250W) HPS+MH Philips bulbs with Lumatek dimmable ballast in grow tent Secret Jardin Dark Street 2 (60x60x150 cm) or (24x24x60 inches) for US :)

I was growing 4 photo period plants under the SCRoG. (there use to be a lot of mess there but i like that way)

After 42 days of vegetation phase under the MH and 68 days of flowering phase under HPS ofc i was pretty satisfied with results for 1st grow.

here are some pictures

I used nutes from HESI...

For next grow i would go with Autoflowering seeds and BioNutes from Canna Bio.

Now i am searching for LED panel to upgrade my grow tent...

I was used to w8 for Grow Northern new model that they need to release but after 6 months of delays i decided to switch on another brand...

Now i see here a lot of different brands and can not to decide which brand and panel will best suit for my tent... I have collected about 450 euro that i want to spend for a panel... I would like to invest this 450 euros and gain the best panel that i can from market...

I would be really thankful on some suggestions/feedback or review which brand and model i should buy...

Im still cant decide should i go with COB panels or 3w leds panel with lenses?

Please give me some feedback and suggestion what to take...

It would be as well nice if someone who using similar space for growing give me some feedback too...

P.S. I would like to add that i'm from Europe due some companies that ship only in USA.

Thanks

Regards,

I use two 96x3W TOPled reflector models for my 60x60 grow tent. total cost 370 euro. You're somewhere in the range of having enough money for a couple of cheap panels, but not really the amount for one expensive panel. I'd go with whatever product that is proven on this site to work, for the least money. Just my opinion. I have no further experience with other LED products than TOPled.

Hey there!

For a 60cm x 60cm (2' x 2') tent, one of our P300 units would work beautifully and give great results. We have many, many users on here using them and being blown away at what only 185w of draw can get you when you're working with such a high efficiency unit with such a complete spectral output.

P300 detail page - P300 :: Platinum Grow Lights

We ship to the EU all the time and charge only a nominal extra fee while also working with customs to keep the taxes down. You would be far under budget with a P300 and have all the output.

If you wanted to step up to the next level, we could get you a P450 delivered to you for still under your budget. This would give you all the growing power if not slightly more than a 600w HPS.. while only consuming 274w~ of power. TheEngineer.. who commented above.. runs a P450 and a P300.. and has done side by side photo journaling of the P450 surpassing a 600w HPS.

P450 detail page - P450 :: Platinum Grow Lights

The main thing to remember when you're comparing lights is to NOT use the wattage draw as a comparison factor for growing power. The cheaper lights while drawing more power, will give you far less output while using that extra power.. along with an inferior spectral output. We've shown in side by side PAR tests that our P450 will produce over twice the PAR value while consuming less than half the power of other models. Again.. and with a highly superior spectral output. It pays to do it right and you'll reap the rewards with vastly increased yields just the very first time..

Let us know how we can help and make it happen! We'd love to have you in our PlatinumLED family.. :peace:

With P450 would i be able to make vege and flower phase? I mean does this light giving full spectrum for both phases and are they good with Autoflowering strains? As well i would like to ask you if i order P450 is possible that you send it somewhere from EU due VAT that would be awsome... :)

Thanks on info...

All of our lights are dual spectrum.. with both veg and flower.. so yes! From seed to finished flowers.. no problem.

We do work with customs and import fees are extremely minimal.. I believe around only $30USD? Maybe TheEngineer could chime in..

With P450 would i be able to make vege and flower phase? I mean does this light giving full spectrum for both phases and are they good with Autoflowering strains? As well i would like to ask you if i order P450 is possible that you send it somewhere from EU due VAT that would be awsome... :)

Thanks on info...

I would highly recommend checking out our sponsors as there are a lot of really good companies here for LED lighting. I have used 3 different brands: Top LED/Mars Hydro, Intelligent Gro, and Advanced LED and all of the details and grows you can find in my signature below. Out of the 3 options, I would highly recommend the Advanced LED XTE series.... Cree and Osram LED chips...can't go wrong with better chips.... longer lasting, less color shift with less lumen depreciation, and oh yea, they also have better efficacy than cheaper LEDs :)

Cree and Osram LED chips...can't go wrong with better chips.... longer lasting, less color shift with less lumen depreciation, and oh yea, they also have better efficacy than cheaper LEDs :)

Would love to see some quantitative data/evidence of the above if you have a moment :)

Speaking of narrow banded diodes.. not white.

I am starting a 200 Sq ft grow and have never used the new LED lights and am not familliar with the square footage and what wattage power lights I should use.I am on a low limited buget and would like some feed back or info on what would a seasoned grower would reccomend????

I am starting a 200 Sq ft grow and have never used the new LED lights and am not familliar with the square footage and what wattage power lights I should use.I am on a low limited buget and would like some feed back or info on what would a seasoned grower would reccomend????

Hello!

First.. a 200 sq ft grow is definitely not something that can be tackled properly on a low or limited budget. That's a huge space. Are you sure about those numbers? That would equate to a 10' x 20' area.. which is huge.. and would require heavily adequate lighting.

What is your total budget?

Would love to see some quantitative data/evidence of the above if you have a moment :)

Speaking of narrow banded diodes.. not white.

Most of this can be found by looking at the individual spec sheets per the chip manufacturer.

I don't have time to dive back into my research files to pull specific details...but the info is all over the internet.. just type in "Cree vs Epistar" and you will see the general consensus from flashlight manufacturers, to horticulture forums, to aquatics and reefers, to even LED display manufactures and lighting magazines, the fact is Cree are better chips based on performance specs... as well as phillips and OSRAM

The only thing that I see with Epistar being better is that they are cheaper to purchase.... which equal more profit

-------------------------------------
a quick look at the spec sheets comparing CREE or OSRAM to Epistar will show more light output per same given wattage draw... for example... 660nm is a popular chip...
Epistar only puts out 250mw @ 350mA
OSRAM Hyper red 660nm puts out 400mw @ 350mA....
Cree puts out 350mW @ 350mA.... still 100 more mW than Epistar at the same current/draw.

almost double the output of photon energy at the same wattage... the spec sheets will show this...
(referenced from Epistar's and Osram's data sheets...)

----------------------------------------------
Or how about 440nm blue....

Epistar (InGaN Venus)= 420mW @ 350mA
Cree (XTE royal blue) 600mW @ 350mA
Osram =560mW @ 350mA

---------------------------
Looking at Max junction temp...Most Epistars rate only to 115C where as all CREE rate at 150C...

------------------------
Looking at Chip Lifetime rating
Epistar 50,000 hours
Cree 100,000 hours
Osram 100,000 hours

----------------------------

Other than cheaper manufacturing cost...can you show me any information that shows Epistar creates better chips than Cree or OSRAM?

200sqf would run 7k and up true watts from led.

200sqf would run 7k and up true watts from led.

Correction: Solutions to room coverage and planning with LED grow lights cannot be measured in wattage as wattage draw does not equal coverage or growing power.

We've seen this illustrated as of late with cheaper LED lights consuming twice the power while putting out less then half the intensity.

When planning out a room and what lights to use, you need to look at the individual panel, the coverage area it provides, the actual intensity/PAR level and complexity of spectral emission.. and then matching different solutions to your budget. There will always be a baseline, "just enough to get it done".. and a complete max yield situation.. along with much in between. You need to pick the solution that matches with your max budget as extra investment up front will equal improved yield.

Do it right the first time and steer clear of cheaper, low output lights as they will only cost you dearly in decreased yield and increased power draw. Any money you save up front will only come back to cost you many times over on your very first harvest with decreased yield.. while wasting your time growing that you could have been making more.

We have to get away from the idea that wattage draw in an LED grow light equals power! It does not!

Other than cheaper manufacturing cost...can you show me any information that shows Epistar creates better chips than Cree or OSRAM?

No.. and I'm not questioning that. My question was regarding the actual quantifiable real world performance differences between the two with regards to what we as indoor horticulture enthusiasts are doing with them. Not just what they look like on paper.. :)

With all due respect.. (from the heart.. seriously with all due respect.. you know we love ya..)

If those expensive chips are so much better, then how come the plants they grow don't look so much better? Comparing your previous grows with another brand of LED to the current one with panels that contain such "next level" chips (on paper at least) and with such a hefty price tag.. one would expect exact day of flowering comparisons to be a little more.. "next level" as well?

Both look great, don't get me wrong. You're a very talented grower.. there's no question about that.

Pure observation on the lights themselves and said with nothin' but love.. :peace:

Price point vs results bro. Those 100,000 hour lights while the are really nice and really expensive. I haven't seen anything proving they grow plants any better than the top bin epistars. Just saying. What I have seen of the top bin epistars it pretty fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom