LED Question

Ripples

Considering a LED for my "Mother Plants"... 4x4x7 with 4 mothers... Currently using MH 400w 18/6... What should I be looking for? Do not want to flower with it just for my mothers! If works well possibly use one for Veg. Only... Not sold on LED for flower but have heard good things for veg. what spectrum/color/wattage? Know little to nothing about LED's... Starting to look into them... Any suggestions or thoughts?

Agreed I go even less. The deal with Mothers is you do not want them to be growing fast. You want to just string them along. Not so bad that they are stretching too much but again stretch helps make a good clone. Nothing too strong.

Understood... My fault, I should have been more specific. Part of the problem is exactly what you mentioned, growing faster than I would like! Using spare parts for now. I would like to try a low powered LED. Maybe 100-150 true watt? Not sure what is out there quality wise? Don't understand all the "garble" (spectrum/colors/bands)??? Just want something for mothers no flower and low power but quality. If I like it I would consider getting a much more powerful one for a good veg instead of my normal 1000w MH. Heard some good things regarding veg but not flower. Was thinking T8 fluorescence but wanted some LED info before i decided.

Well I was thinking about this about 3 days ago and almost posted the question myself mainly because I want to buy a LED but I decided...the only ones that would be low enough output would be garbage. And my florescent tubes work great so why change anything.

LEDs look like fun but if you don't need it...well as they say if it aint broke don't fix it. that's just me as I have a clone lamp I am going to use on my mother as well. If it isn't strong enough I will just add a small T5.

That's was concerns me... Getting junk! I know little to nothing about LED's... I have some nice equipment here and it all works well... Thought I might try something new but I am a bit skeptical... You may have just convinced me to leave well enough alone? We will see if anyone else comments... Thanks Village... Started a journal this week so i was making some changes... Trying to get better organized... Limited space in my grow room... Have 4 tents in there! switching a few things up...

My equipment is top notch and works very well... Was thinking about trying something new? Trying to improve on my set-ups... Need to get better organized... Timing is everything and mine sucks it seems... Need to get a system down and stick with it. Expanded from my first grow and trying to settle in... Started a journal this week so I'm trying to stay on track!! Perhaps I should stick with what works for now and try something new when I'm more experienced?

I use two 1200 wat LED's for flower and T-5 for veg. Stopped using mothers and just clone from the waiting veg plants. You really have to watch your distance with the LED's. Some of my bud tops turned pure white which I thought was cool til I found out it wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom