LED Question

Pareigunas

420 Member
Hello everyone,

I wanted to know some information about SPYDR 2X LED lights, i've heard that growing only with LEDs takes more time than regular HPS lights, is that true?

Is it normal to build growroom only with LEDs? Or i should mix?
Does it affect the yeld?

And if there are any specific information growing with LEDs, please let me know!

Sincerely thank you for your answer! :))

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know some information about SPYDR 2X LED lights, i've heard that growing only with LEDs takes more time than regular HPS lights, is that true?

Is it normal to build growroom only with LEDs? Or i should mix?
Does it affect the yeld?

And if there are any specific information growing with LEDs, please let me know!

Sincerely thank you for your answer! :))
LED grow slower mostly because of the heat, and as long as you control the heat right, wattage enough, you can still use only LED grow light for the whole round.

Have you tried them? Because im talking about 10sq.meter growroom. and i ve heard that nobody grows only with leds
Not sure where you've heard that, but I'd say exactly the opposite for about the last 4 years or so everyone is going all LED.
Here's an honest comparison from 5 years ago, and LEDs have gotten considerably better since then which puts the newer LEDs quite a bit above HPS.
The only thing that HPS wins in is just initial cost.

I run the Fluence Spydrx Plus currently in my flower tent. I have it on a light mover in a 10x10 tent and it covers roughly 5x10 on that mover. I ran it in a 5x5 tent and 4x4 tent before and absolutely love anything Fluence.

I upgraded my small veg tent to their Spydr Razr and will be upgrading my big veg tent to the their 330 watt light.

The coverage of the Spydrx is amazing and the density of my buds is incredible. I don't think you can beat the Spydrx. I have run the light as close as 3" above the canopy with no burning or light stress and their is very little wasted heat with the Spydrx.....I actually need more heat from my light in the winter growing in my basement.

The other thing about the Spydrx lights is that if you ever have an issue with them....you can simply remove the arm that you are having issues with an ship it back while the rest of your light remains operational. No more waiting for a grow to finish to try and time any repairs. Now having said that....I am about a year and a half into owning my Spydrx and I haven't had a single diode go out yet.

Then their is the yield. I am pulling between 1.5 and 2.0 grams per watt. The light has more than paid for itself with increased yield in that year +.

LED all the way! :thumb:

It is all about the quality (PAR spectrum) and quantity (PAR output) of the light source. Or course, there are other factors such as spread and coverage. I could go on, but my vape is calling . . .:yummy:

Not sure where you've heard that, but I'd say exactly the opposite for about the last 4 years or so everyone is going all LED.
Here's an honest comparison from 5 years ago, and LEDs have gotten considerably better since then which puts the newer LEDs quite a bit above HPS.
The only thing that HPS wins in is just initial cost.

The most intresting thing that i cant find a video time lapse where al the flowering days are shown. With LEDs they show to week 2-3 and then jumps to week 7.
Friend told me this is because nobody grows only with LEDs.
Another thing when you grow indoor unprofessional, LEDs getting hot and the the wats drops automaticaly because it has self defense of the heat. Its important when you are growing in home especialy summer time

The most intresting thing that i cant find a video time lapse where al the flowering days are shown. With LEDs they show to week 2-3 and then jumps to week 7.
Friend told me this is because nobody grows only with LEDs.
Another thing when you grow indoor unprofessional, LEDs getting hot and the the wats drops automaticaly because it has self defense of the heat. Its important when you are growing in home especialy summer time
Is your friend a HPS salesman?
Because those are about the only people on the planet saying that at this point.

Most of the newer LEDs dont even use fans anymore, just passive cooling because they run so cool.
Some even run a heater in the grow room in winter because the LEDs dont put out enough heat to keep the temps at 76 to 80.

Is your friend a HPS salesman?
Because those are about the only people on the planet saying that at this point.

Most of the newer LEDs dont even use fans anymore, just passive cooling because they run so cool.
Some even run a heater in the grow room in winter because the LEDs dont put out enough heat to keep the temps at 76 to 80.
He is not. H has about 10 growrooms and tried leds before. Then tried to mix them with hps, but at the week 5 all the plants started to die (as he says you have to know which leds you are able to mix with hps and others dont) Im just telling what i hear and would like to know more

Have you tried them? Because im talking about 10sq.meter growroom. and i ve heard that nobody grows only with leds

I grow a small area with COB LED's. They work just as well as my CMH 315 but much more efficiently with less heat. The only problem I have is when the weather is cold they are so efficient and don't produce enough heat (infa red) that I have to put the CMH back until warmer normal weather. Most of the time it's too hot and efficient LED's are the way to go.

The SPYDR 2X LED seems to be a good light. Looks like the SPYDR 2X LED are basically quantum diodes. Their are many LED's out there that are less efficient than HPS.

With my COB system I can turn down the PAR to below 300 for Young plants and then turn it up for over 1000 PAR for plants well into flower. I have 4 seedlings growing at only 100 watts. Eventually I will turn it up to 440 watts at most for a 3'by 3' area.
With COBS (LED's) you have to be careful not to burn the plants and keep the temperatures up to a reasonable level.

He is not. H has about 10 growrooms and tried leds before. Then tried to mix them with hps, but at the week 5 all the plants started to die (as he says you have to know which leds you are able to mix with hps and others dont) Im just telling what i hear and would like to know more
I fail to see the reason to mix them unless they already have lots of HPS and cant afford to buy enough LEDs to totally replace them.
I also cant imagine why mixing them would be any problem, light is light.

if you cant grow under a clf, you cant grow under an LED, or an HPS, or a CMH, or a metalhelide, or a flood light, or a candle, lol, If you cant grow, you cant grow period,lol. 1 guy can pull .5 gpw, and another can get 2.0 from the same set-up, simple as that.

Like Sara said, control the heat, is all that matters. Dont matter the light. If you put the light on the plants, you get heat, an HPS HEATS the plant, and LED doesnt heat as easy INTERNALLY as an HPS.

Add watts, Control heat, dont over water, dont over feed, simple.

didnt add cal-mag.

Back
Top Bottom