LED quick question

frozty582

I've been researching LED lights for growing, A lot of people say I'm better of making my own LED light due to the fact the homemade LED grow lights are better and cheaper.

Yet I get a lot of people telling me that LED lights are no good when it comes to budding. Can any one that grows with LED and other lights shed some light on this subject? I plan on making a grow box with some LED to keep our utilities bill low, and my mates really don't enjoy the smell of the herb. I'm debating whether to use LED or HPS.

I want to get the best results I can get from a grow box the size of a pc. I'm not sure what lights to use. If some one could tell me which is best to get a really potent bud going. I don't mind forking a bit extra on the electric bill but would like to keep cost at a minimum.

Re: LED quick question.

Your grow looks nice. I got some WW seeds and was wondering how it would bud under pure LED. I'm growing in a custom PC stealth case for a single plant. Your grow seems really good, but you do have a lot of LED lights. I'm most likely may go with 100w of LED since I have a 450W power source, and still need the rest of the power for the fans, timer, and hyrdro system, ect.

A lot of guys keep telling me to stick with a cfl since it gets a wide array of spectrum compared to led.But LED uses less energy and delivers only the needed color wavelength. I seen this guys custom set up and I may give a shot on some freebie seeds. Since I'm a first time grower but I have been doing my research.

Re: LED quick question.

Read some more grows but I was in the same situation a few months ago, I went with LED for several reasons. Mainly durability and energy consumption. From the grows i have read CFL penetration is poor and buds are marginal. It is important to note those low watt led lights from amazon, ebay are worthless. Go with some of the sponsors, advancedled I have a light from and although I haven't finished a grow both lights seem acceptable.

Building those home brew led's are no easy task, also without buying in bulk you will end up spending a good amount, but then no warranty or Guarantee it works..

it could break in 2 weeks and you would have no idea why, play your investment safe dude!

The PC box grow is kinda small, you may only get 15-25 grams per cycle. Also those things are tough to grow in.

Any chance you could think of another spot or have you thought of making a stealth cabinet??

You could get a couple of 15-30 gallon Rubbermaid totes and stack them so their mouths face each other. Put your light on top of one and plants in the bottom of the other. Drill holes for venting the heat.

You will, however, have a problem with bulb proximity to canopy, hth

Back
Top Bottom