LED + Scrog

racer123

Hello fellow 420'ers!

I am in the need of a little bit advise. Currently my grow room is a 4x4x7 ft. with a 600-Watt HPS.
Anyways, I am looking to improve my current method of growing and have some questions.

1. How big of LED's should I be looking for? I am planning on growing 4 plants in Scrog hydroponically.
500 Watt LED Would this be sufficient for my grow area? should I be getting 2x300W or 2x400W instead?

2. Would upgrading from a 600 Watt HID to LED be worth it? I can afford it money wise and I heard it does increase yield and speed up the grow by about a week or two.

3. I am planning on running a scrog with 4x 5 Gallon Hydroponic buckets. Planning on growing 4 different strains (Girls Scout Cookies, Train Wreck, NYPD, and Haze). My biggest issue is changing the reservoirs. Without moving the plants it is a pain in the ass. Previously I have just filled up with nutrients when the water got low. This method actually worked quite well, however, I am worried about the unknown levels of left-overs and possible deficiencies. I want to improve this process, I have heard of people using pumps before to suck the water out? What kind of pump am I looking for?

All help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hello Racer. While there are many experienced LED growers here, I'm replying since my new set up is similar to what you are thinking about. It's 520w in a 4x4x8 area. Working well and happy with it so far. I was getting antsy waiting for release of my model and was considering 2 of same mfr.'s 300w, but glad I waited. Might have gotten a bit crowded in there, and considering temperature, I wouldn't want it any warmer than it ended up. If you like, check out a posted pic taken 20 days into 12/12.

Hello Racer. While there are many experienced LED growers here, I'm replying since my new set up is similar to what you are thinking about. It's 520w in a 4x4x8 area. Working well and happy with it so far. I was getting antsy waiting for release of my model and was considering 2 of same mfr.'s 300w, but glad I waited. Might have gotten a bit crowded in there, and considering temperature, I wouldn't want it any warmer than it ended up. If you like, check out a posted pic taken 20 days into 12/12.
Is 520 Watt efficient enough for full coverage? From reading around and looking at stickies, I think I read somewhere that the minimum for flowering is 35W per SQ/FT. So 16SQ/FT would be 560 Watts minimum. Are you seeing any lack of coverage? Also how high are your lights from canopy?

Back
Top Bottom