LED Trinity Grow - Round 1

More good news, My CO2 canisters were delivered this evening. What our product contains and how it works | The best Co2 in the world!
I bought 4 of them just to try out. I'm gonna hang them from the top of my closet using an old pair of my wifes nylon stockings. I'm gonna try and seal my room so It will hopefully help both closets CO2 lvls. Thinking about switching it up which closet gets the canister, 1 closet for 2 days then switch for 2 days etc... It supposed to be good for a 12x12x12 room, which is larger than my grow room, and gets CO2 lvls up to around 1200PPM. Wish I had a CO2 meter to actually record the CO2 lvls and make it a real test, but to expensive sorry.
let the experiment begin! :geek:

:rollit:

Bonjour Cajun!! Thanks for the reps, I pre-drilled the holes with my drill and a slightly smaller drill bit than the screws, and then just screwed em in. :)

Merci beaucoup. I figured ya predrilled. It has a clean look & easy to string up.

Looking great!

+Reps :thumb:

Thanks for the reps Scarfinger.
No updates tonight, I'm going to check on them tomorrow night and do some more topping and FIMing. I'm really hoping the WW stretches a little to make it easier to scrog. They are getting very close to the screen, might even be there tomorrow.:)
talk tomorrow.

Hey everyone. :)
Time for a little update, The Master Kush and White Widow are 42 days from seed (6weeks). Everything is going great with the girls, they are growing strong, 1 last week until I flip to 12/12 lights for Flower. I changed the reservoir water and added new nutrients. The Kush is about 1 inch from the net with just 1 of its leaves brushing the string. The White Widow still has a couple if inches to the trellis but she is catching up to the Kush in height, due to all the LST I've done to the kush. Gonna start shortening the light schedule by an hour each day for the next 6 days till I hit the 12 hour mark.
Today's Stats
Day 42 from seed (6 weeks)
PPM=810
PH=5.8
Air Temp=79F
Water Temp=65.1
RH=35%

The Girls tonight.

IMG_143315.JPG

IMG_141513.JPG

IMG_141016.JPG

The Master Kush
IMG_141113.JPG

The White Widow
IMG_141216.JPG

The Kush is almost to the trellis.
IMG_142820.JPG

The Stats.
IMG_142618.JPG

IMG_142317.JPG

The girls are doing great as you can see by the pics. I went to my Hydroponic store today, and picked up some silicate and some powerclean for the roots. I don't like using the O2 as much as I have, so got something that's easier on the roots but good at keeping the roots clean and strong. We'll see how it works. That's pretty much it for tonight, Not gonna do another update until Saturday or Sunday, but i'll be around so stay medicated my friends. ;)

very nice..they are handling 810 ppm well

Yeah, they doing alright, there is a little nutrient burn on some of the tips of the Kush but nothing on the WW. I'm using tap water that's been sitting for 24-48 hours to get rid of chlorine now instead of RO water, tap water PPM ranges between 75-95ppm where I live. I Had to stop bringing tons of 5 gal water jugs into the house, neighbors might get nosey. It pushed up the PPM's of the reservoir, but what can you do, I can't afford an RO filter yet.
Thanks for the interest ;)

Good Sativaday everyone!!!
It's gonna be another beautiful day in Weedland, I'm going this afternoon to check up on my grows. It's been 3 days since I've seen my plants, and I'm hoping they grew well and are weaving themselves through the trellis. Today is the first day I'll see them after introducing Potassium Silicate, and the HESI power clean into the feed schedule and I'm anxious to see if they liked it and how the roots are looking. I'm thinking I might flip to 12/12 today, but they still on veg nutrient schedule, any thoughts anyone on flipping today but not going to Flower nutrient schedule until Wednesday, when its the time to change the reservoir. Will this hurt the plants at all? or no problems?
I'll be doing an update this afternoon with pics.
Have a great Sativaday everyone, and stay medicated my friends;)

It's gonna be another beautiful day in Weedland, I'm going this afternoon to check up on my grows. It's been 3 days since I've seen my plants, and I'm hoping they grew well and are weaving themselves through the trellis. Today is the first day I'll see them after introducing Potassium Silicate, and the HESI power clean into the feed schedule and I'm anxious to see if they liked it and how the roots are looking. I'm thinking I might flip to 12/12 today, but they still on veg nutrient schedule, any thoughts anyone on flipping today but not going to Flower nutrient schedule until Wednesday, when its the time to change the reservoir. Will this hurt the plants at all? or no problems?

That will work fine!

That will work fine!

Thanks for the response mcloadie, I thought it would be alright, sometimes you just need a little encouragement or second opinion:) I'm gonna flip tonight even if the girls haven't fully hit the screen yet. Once I flip they are still gonna grow and have their initial bloom stretch, so i can continue to train them through their stretch.

What are the measurements of your screen? You are gonna fill that solid no doubt, and it should be easy with the breeders info to estimate yield............we all estimate when we can see em almost finished.....i'm just interested to see if you can exceed the breeders estimates...fun stuff!

The screen is 31 inches long and 21 inches deep. The info from the breeder say the kush is a high yield plant 700-800 g/m2 and the White Widow is 500-600 g/m2. The closet is a little shy of a square meter but not by much (3 feet wide, 2 feet deep, 6 feet tall) I'm hoping for a half pound harvest out of the 2 plants, and I think barring any unfortunate disasters, I'm gonna make it. :)

The screen is 31 inches long and 21 inches deep. The info from the breeder say the kush is a high yield plant 700-800 g/m2 and the White Widow is 500-600 g/m2. The closet is a little shy of a square meter but not by much (3 feet wide, 2 feet deep, 6 feet tall) I'm hoping for a half pound harvest out of the 2 plants, and I think barring any unfortunate disasters, I'm gonna make it. :)

All I can say is that space is gonna be so cool lookin filled up.........hehe!:thumb:

That'll be fine mate. I keep running my veg nutes from flip until the first pistils show (normally a week or two). I increase the EC of the veg nutes when i flip, and as soon as pistils appear I then switch to the flowering nutes. It takes a little time for the plant to switch into flowering and I think of the first period of stretch as like an extreme veg period. You shouldn't have any problems keeping them on their veg nutes for a bit

Happy Sativaday everyone!! ;)
I've had a busy afternoon indeed, went to go visit the girls and get some work done, so here's the update.
The Girls are doing great at day 45 from seed, lots of growth in the past 3 days, and the Master Kush has reached the trellis with 2 of her branches, and branch 3 and 4 are just a day behind, I'm sure. The White Widow still has an inch or 2 to go but she's getting there, and also starting to stretch out a little. I flipped the lights today!! So when the lights turn off tonight, they are off for 12 hours, and then 12 hours of light etc...I'm going to consider tomorrow Aug.18 day 1 of flower.:)

In preparation of the coming flower phase I lollipopped the girls. I cleaned up the bottom 1/4 of the plant and got rid of anything that wasn't getting any light. I think the girls will thank me in the long run even though they are a little shocked. Now all the plants energy can go towards stretch and flower production instead of trying to grow all those tiny little shoots at the bottom of the canopy. Once the stretch is done in a couple of weeks I'll give them another trim and then just let them grow from there.

Lastly, while doing all the pruning I made some clones, I took 4 of each plant for the next grow. If they survive great, if not oh well, I've got tons of seeds I can germinate. I got the clones setup in the cloning machine that came with the closet. I'm doing it more for the experience of cloning rather than the need for the plants.

Today's Stats
Day 45 from seed
PPM=840
PH=5.7
Water Temp=66.8F
Air Temp=79F
RH=49%

Cloner Stats
PPM=177
PH=5.8

The Girls.
IMG_143417.JPG

IMG_143621.JPG

IMG_143517.JPG

IMG_143715.JPG

IMG_143916.JPG

The Kush after her trim.
IMG_148211.JPG

The Widow after her trim.

IMG_147611.JPG

Both girls after the trim.
IMG_148411.JPG

The stats
IMG_14758.JPG

The roots. (they have looked better)
IMG_145812.JPG

The clones.
IMG_146312.JPG

The Closet. All three chambers up and running.
IMG_146013.JPG

That's it for today, It was a pretty big one, the girls are doing great and should recover nicely in a couple of days from the trim.
I'm hoping to start showing you all some bud pics real soon. If anyone has any questions or comments feel free and in the mean time stay medicated my friends.;)

Looking good stealth, they're coming along really nicely mate.

Out of interest, you say the roots aren't looking as good as they have done - are you still running the pump and the drip feed? Reason I ask is that now the roots are fully in the res you could think of it like a DWC. I was running my DWC with a pump and a drip feed too, but I've found that once the roots hit the res they do much better when I turn the pump/drip feed off - I've found that whilst the roots have no problem being submerged in the nutes all the time, if the drip feed's running the roots can get a bit unhealthy at the top around the net pot and where they hit the nutes. I've stopped running the pump now and have found the roots generally do much better and don't suffer around the pot / water line. That and DM Zone of course!

Looking good stealth, they're coming along really nicely mate.

Out of interest, you say the roots aren't looking as good as they have done - are you still running the pump and the drip feed? Reason I ask is that now the roots are fully in the res you could think of it like a DWC. I was running my DWC with a pump and a drip feed too, but I've found that once the roots hit the res they do much better when I turn the pump/drip feed off - I've found that whilst the roots have no problem being submerged in the nutes all the time, if the drip feed's running the roots can get a bit unhealthy at the top around the net pot and where they hit the nutes. I've stopped running the pump now and have found the roots generally do much better and don't suffer around the pot / water line. That and DM Zone of course!

Thanks Knight:thumb:
I did not know that, and yes I am still running my top feed lines for 15 mins every 6 hours. I'll turn it off tomorrow when i check on them again. The roots under the water line look great, but like you said its the roots above the water line that look bad.
Thanks for the compliments and the growing tip.;)

Back
Top Bottom