LED - Veg and flower switches

morningwood

ok so I have 2 mars hydro LEDS,the 96 reflector series...was just wonder if anyone has any of these type off lights with the 2 switches--one for veg,and one for flower...the main thing I was wondering is on a auto plant would you have both switchs on the entire grow from germ to the harvest...or would you just run the light with the veg switch until flowering, then turn on the flowering switch ?? if you was to run both switches , would it make the happy little girl go into flower to soon???? its an auto...thoughts:hmmmm:

I am also running a MarsHydro with the selector switches. I have read in many places you can do either. I started my plants with just the grow switch to help save some electricity, at the 3 week mark I turned on the flower switch. Since you're growing autos light isn't such a huge factor in flowering as time is. Autos are programmed to flower at a specific time in their life.
Bottom line if you want full power start from day 1 with both switches on. Monitor your plants and make sure the lights arent to close causing them to get burned.

I own different LED's but have the two switches as well for veg/flower, I always run them with both switches on. I don't grow Auto's, but it won't hurt them at all, it will actually give them more light to grow, the red flower spectrum will not make the Auto go into flower any sooner than just using the veg switch since Auto's are on a time schedule and will start flowering on their time table and the red spectrum will not make them go into flower any sooner than normal.

I always use both switches to make the plants bigger and bushier, hope that helps you out. :)

thanks just hooked up my mars 2 1200 watt put both on for fan assumed it would be ok.

I haven't put my mars 1200 into use yet, I had to buy an extension cord to mount it in the middle of my tent. It goes up as soon as this grow is out of the way.

I haven't put my mars 1200 into use yet, I had to buy an extension cord to mount it in the middle of my tent. It goes up as soon as this grow is out of the way.
Dialing in temp now tent reading 82 hit top of tallest canopy with Lazer temp gage was 80-81 pulled to 18 inch 78-79 now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using 420

thinking of switching to just veg mode slow growth,idn trying to get off set flowering first i need to sex them figure half should be female out of 10.

thinking of switching to just veg mode slow growth,idn trying to get off set flowering first i need to sex them figure half should be female out of 10.

18" away if they are rooted seedlings/clones is kinda close...Put the LED about 32"-36" away when they are young and getting acclimated to the intense light, they'll take off and then you can lower the LED to 15"-18" away. :)

While a lot of people say use both spectrums (VEG & BLOOM) it is now well documented that if the plant detects only the blue spectrum(VEG) it will accomodate and accelerate a much more short and lush vegetative growth, this is because the plant wants to make the most of the blue spectrum while its available.
Running both spectrums will grow the plant just fine but if the plant ALSO detects the red spectrum(BLOOM), it will stretch and grow much taller in the first 3 weeks, especially with an auto.
If you have limited space to grow in, it is now common practise to use only the veg switch until the plant goes into the pre-flower stage then activate the bloom spectrum so both are then running, using only the veg spectrum for the first few weeks will not only marginally save cost on your power bill but it will also result in a more robust and 'stocky' plant come flowering stage.

Back
Top Bottom