LED veg to HPS bloom?

Heady Stash

I'm trying to do the last bit of research on the room(s) that I'll be building soon. I plan on building a 4'x4'x7' bloom cab and a 4'x2'x7' veg cab. My question right now pertain's to the stress of the babies and being moved from the (180-240w) LED veg room into the 1000w (dimmable) HPS bloom room. I'm gonna be working with two different strains (Hindu Kush and Northern Lights,) does anyone think the transition from the LED to the 1000w HPS would be too extreme? As I'm not to certain about the hermy tendency of these strains, I was looking for any input that I could use and consider before making my final decisions. I will be posting journals and updates on all progress from first build to final cure. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:Namaste:

Big jump. Electronic ballast can do 50% decreases. LED has never worked for me but the two or three times i've tried for veg. (terrible) when I get them on HPS (or any real light) they just liven la vita loco.

LED is for battery ops. Like NASA. Or if you have a electrical bill budget of "nothing" and that is what you get back.

i hear you budget's not really the concern hear though. both of my areas will be sharing the same room (different cabs) and i wann cut down temp's where i can. i was hoping too just run the one 6" vortec fan for the bloom cab, and passive flow the veg cab. and LED being the level of tech. and all, i was looking to get schooled abit. maybe I'll just got with a t5 or something? oh well i have a minute or so until i make my final decisions so ill keep my ear to the ground on this for now. thanks for your input.

I'm trying to do the last bit of research on the room(s) that I'll be building soon. I plan on building a 4'x4'x7' bloom cab and a 4'x2'x7' veg cab. My question right now pertain's to the stress of the babies and being moved from the (180-240w) LED veg room into the 1000w (dimmable) HPS bloom room. I'm gonna be working with two different strains (Hindu Kush and Northern Lights,) does anyone think the transition from the LED to the 1000w HPS would be too extreme? As I'm not to certain about the hermy tendency of these strains, I was looking for any input that I could use and consider before making my final decisions. I will be posting journals and updates on all progress from first build to final cure. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:Namaste:

I had a few plants in veg under a 200W DS then switched them to a 400 W HPS and they did just fine. You can check out the link in my sig to my current grow to see if you would like. :Namaste:

Big jump. Electronic ballast can do 50% decreases. LED has never worked for me but the two or three times i've tried for veg. (terrible) when I get them on HPS (or any real light) they just liven la vita loco.

I have waisted so much money on LED. 10 years out.

LED is for battery ops. Like NASA. Or if you have a electrical bill budget of "nothing" and that is what you get back.

But if you have no budget how do you buy the LEDs? Put out what you want to receive back.

Growers on budget need to be smart not cheap.

Buy used equipment.

This contributed nothing to this thread, save provide a place for you to vent your irritation with LEDs. Stop bashing, really. If you would take the time to actually look at a few of the LED grows on this site, you'd be amazed that they're no longer this crap:

Now go read some journals and grow up.

I run a 300w (120w+180w) 4x2x5 LED veg/mom tent and they go straight into my 4x4 1000w HPS tent when ready to flower and I have no problems with stress or plant issues. I just place them 3ft from the 1000w for their first 2 days then move them up to the canopy level with the others already in bloom which are usually 18" to 22" from the glass on my hood. You can see my setup in my journal at Multi-Strain Grow With 1000W Ballast From JD-Lighting - Perpetual Part 3 . I have done LED to 400w, 600w, and 1000w HPS and haven't seen any problems.

Back
Top Bottom