LED with CFL lights opinion

NnwNnw

Let me start off that i decided to start a grow using led and cfls together is it a good idea ?? I been reading alot about it these days in a way its a combo we can say would it be better for my grow?

I have a 700 watt Mars 2 hydro light
300 cfl dual spectrum
150 cfl dual spectrum

This set up will be grown on a hydroponic system rdwc with a res, i am planning to change the res every 10 days to keep fresh nutrients in the system. I got great fan system set up with extractors and inlets all types of helpful equipment for the girls. It will be 6 flowers inside a 120 x 120 x 200 tent.

My question is would it be too much light?? For 6 of these plants involved or it should be fine ?? I am planning to leave the led in the middle and the cfl lights on the sides of the grow.

Or should i turn the cfls only on flowering phase?

I second this question as well. I started with about 175 watts of cfl bulbs spanning the spectrum and just picked up a mars300 led for a hydroponic set up (or flowering). I'm wondering if I decided to use that led for flowering (only growing 1 plant at a time), if it would affect the plant negatively or not.

You can use both at all times but it depends on what kind of cfl it is 2700k or 5000k and above. 2700k promotes flowering and 5000k and up promotes veg growth. But yes either way the best way to set it up is to have your LED over the top of the canopy and the cfls around the sides but like i said 2700k for FLOWERING....

In that case i bought good lamps because they are sescribed as you said 2700k also would you put the reflectors on the cfls on each side ? In that case i will run the lampa through the whole cycle with the led light. Will see how that goes. Interesting.

Let me start off that i decided to start a grow using led and cfls together is it a good idea ?? I been reading alot about it these days in a way its a combo we can say would it be better for my grow?

I have a 700 watt Mars 2 hydro light
300 cfl dual spectrum
150 cfl dual spectrum

This set up will be grown on a hydroponic system rdwc with a res, i am planning to change the res every 10 days to keep fresh nutrients in the system. I got great fan system set up with extractors and inlets all types of helpful equipment for the girls. It will be 6 flowers inside a 120 x 120 x 200 tent.

My question is would it be too much light?? For 6 of these plants involved or it should be fine ?? I am planning to leave the led in the middle and the cfl lights on the sides of the grow.

Or should i turn the cfls only on flowering phase?

will you be keeping a grow journal? or plan on posting a follow up? im kind of in the same position, grew with cfls and bought a marshydro96 reflector, im kinda curious to see how someone elses goes, good luck!

I would encourage all newer growers to start a journal...it provides a resource for yourself and others who are on a similar path...and remember...the dumbest question, is the the one you don't ask!!...folks around here are pretty accomodating...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I would encourage all newer growers to start a journal...it provides a resource for yourself and others who are on a similar path...and remember...the dumbest question, is the the one you don't ask!!...folks around here are pretty accomodating...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

i was thinking about starting a grow journal but im about a month in and im not sure id be any help to anybody, ive been keeping a personal journal because im so new to all this i want to record everything and tweak the plans if necessary for future grows.

Back
Top Bottom