LED209 Gets Critical - Outdoors!

I certainly do and I'd be happy to have you over on my journal! I can only base this off of a two month veg and a couple days of flower thus far but im gonna wager a bet that you'll want to run this strain indoor at least once!

Critical Kush In Coco & Perlite Under Perfect Sun 500!

Hey,

You popped 5 and only chose 2. What made you dump the other 3? One of mine didn't start out well, but by week 3 it took off like the wind.

I think I see a few familiar phens there :) The really bushy one on the right you may find slow to flower.

LED209... Lol. I hope your firmware has been updated since ED209. We all know how badly that went. Bogomil got shot... wait... am I mixing up movies? lol :)

Cheers - Looks great dude. Healthy as hell.

Well long story short I was planning on growing these babies inside, ended up having to move and had like 10 mature plants to deal with(couldn't take them to my new place at that time). I kept the two I liked best and gave the rest away. It was to early to throw them outside so I just cloned the entire plant and here we are. So I didn't really have a choice at the time, wish I could have kept them all to see how they turned out

Well long story short I was planning on growing these babies inside, ended up having to move and had like 10 mature plants to deal with(couldn't take them to my new place at that time). I kept the two I liked best and gave the rest away. It was to early to throw them outside so I just cloned the entire plant and here we are. So I didn't really have a choice at the time, wish I could have kept them all to see how they turned out

Too bad you had to part with some. However it looks like you have room to grow now. :)

Did you find one easier to clone than the other? I am finding significant and predictably different rooting times between phenos.

Cheers

I found the strain in general a little more finicky to clone than other strains I've grown in the past. Although I did basically cannibalize both mothers so some of the cuttings came from the bottom of the plant and some from the top. I did have some root in as little as 9 days while some took as long as 19 days. I did have a few that didn't make it. That could be for several reasons but I usually don't lose more than 1 or 2.
Right now my main concern is getting some kind of support system around them. They are getting massive and probably not far away from breaking limbs. I will probably work on thinning them out, lollipopping the bottom 1/4 of the plant and getting some kind of trellis or stakes to support her when she starts producing buds. This isnt the best picture but Bertha is getting thick :)
420-magazine-mobile288303379.jpg

It's supposed to be cooler this afternoon than it has been (still 90) but I'm leaving for the holiday weekend and I have a lot of work to do tonight before I do! Going to work on some trimming and I have a few different ideas about how I'm going to hold these babies up for the next couple months. Will do a nice update tonight with pictures of the progress. Might even take some clones, if nothing else I'm planning on keeping this to cross with some of my seeds I've made over the last few years.

Hello and thank you for stopping by my newest grow journal. This is going to take me "outside" of my comfort zone for sure but this dude is up to the challenge! I am in the process of moving my grow room out of my spare bedroom and making a permanent structure outside my house. In the mean time I figure why not give the old LED panels a rest and let this beautiful California sun work its magic for me one time. I consider myself to be a new grower still, with only a few harvests under my belt, I'm always wanting to learn more and try new things. Everything about this entire process is so interesting and exciting to me I just cant get enough. Honestly I have to say that if it wasn't for this site I would have never tried to grow in the first place so thank you all for that! Anyways here's a little background of me and how this grow has got to this point.

I am 28 years old and I live in California, I have been a medical card holder for several years now but have only recently decided to start growing for my own personal use. I have some pretty bad stomach problems that the Doc's cant quite put their fingers on, I have had a couple surgeries and have been prescribed a few different prescriptions to do nothing more than mask the problems and create new ones. After some time I decided to take matters into my own hands and start my own path to good health.

I usually grow indoors as you can probably tell from my name here on the site. I will figure out how to add my previous grows to my name so you can check them out. I bought some Barneys Farm Critical Kush seeds to grow Scrog style in my tent under my Mars LED panels. But I have a new addition to the family on the way and I no longer have a spare bedroom in the house. SO I decided to remodel that and am going to have to build me a new one as some kind of shed on the back side of my house ( I will be posting about the plans and construction of that as well) But I picked a couple moms from the females I started and gave the others away. I cloned the mothers and decided to put them outside and let mother nature do its thang for once. What strain is it?

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? About 45 Days
Indoor or outdoor? Outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? natural soil (old farmland)
If soil... What size pot? Ground
Size of light? THE SUN
How often are you watering? 2-3 times weekly
Type and strength of ferts used? None

Here you can see the one of the mothers I chose, I planed on Scroging it in my tent so you can see why I liked it lol Excuse the photos of me as a child in the background, I was moving when that was taken and my place was a mess haha....

IMG_335416.JPG

Here is after I took clones off it and they rooted in half gallon pots, this was right before I planted them into the ground..

IMG_351216.JPG

Once I Put them in the ground

IMG_350416.JPG

About 15 days later....

IMG_355613.JPG

IMG_362114.JPG

And here is them as of today (30 Days) from being planted....

IMG_366016.JPG

\
IMG_366515.JPG

IMG_366715.JPG

Love that you ventured outside!! Great set up! I think those plants are looking extremely good!!!! . I am from lower Michigan and doing my first grow outside. First time growing and I'm adding three Three autos in the greenhouse tonight or tomorrow with my Four other regular plants. I will have Seven different strains going. I liked the outdoor idea better due to saving money and keeping things simple! I would love to stay tuned and see more of your grow! This is a blast and I also am learning a TON. . Keep the pics coming. This sight helped me too as far as wanting to grow and learning to grow. Nicest people around! ...

It's funny how procrastination always seems to get the best of me. We have had horribly hot dry weather here like two straight weeks of 100+. So as you can tell I didn't do much to them. Let them do their thing. So as I was typing my little update last night I was taking a dab and thinking man I should really put some support up for them. We had a really strong wind last night and I lost a few branches on them haha. Honestly they where prob going to go anyway but I hate to see them broken off. I'd rather cut them off and do less stress. But anyway here they are with a haircut and I decided to build a cage around a couple to see how that works out before I do the rest! Learning as I go, inside my tent plants never get this big haha, I'll be ready next time!
420-magazine-mobile320923648.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1158029585.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1638788560.jpg
420-magazine-mobile730766175.jpg

You see how the water looks foamy on top? When this well water mixes with this dirt something magical happens. It like makes its own compost tea or something. Still haven't gave them a single nutrient. But that will change soon enough

You see how the water looks foamy on top? When this well water mixes with this dirt something magical happens. It like makes its own compost tea or something. Still haven't gave them a single nutrient. But that will change soon enough
Impressive work especially without nutrients! I don't remember if it was mentioned but did you put any additives in the soil or cook the soil you planted them in? Or you just straight up dug up the backyard a bit and planted them and just watered? Either way though keep up the good work! .

I ended up moving to a new house that the previous owner had a bunch of chickens and that whole area use to be farmland not to long ago. I also have chickens so the soil is just loaded with nitrogen. We will see how that plays out when they start flowering. We will see how it plays out when they start flowering. But so far I am very impressed for sure!

I ended up moving to a new house that the previous owner had a bunch of chickens and that whole area use to be farmland not to long ago. I also have chickens so the soil is just loaded with nitrogen. We will see how that plays out when they start flowering. We will see how it plays out when they start flowering. But so far I am very impressed for sure!

Chickens... I'm jealous. That explains why they are growing into trees.

Due to the slow release of chicken poop, I doubt you will need to support them at all with supplementary nutes. Not this grow, and probably not the next 4 or 5 grows.

Ive been trying to get bags of chicken poop to no avail.

Did I mention I was jealous?

Cheers

I found the strain in general a little more finicky to clone than other strains I've grown in the past. Although I did basically cannibalize both mothers so some of the cuttings came from the bottom of the plant and some from the top. I did have some root in as little as 9 days while some took as long as 19 days. I did have a few that didn't make it. That could be for several reasons but I usually don't lose more than 1 or 2.
Right now my main concern is getting some kind of support system around them. They are getting massive and probably not far away from breaking limbs. I will probably work on thinning them out, lollipopping the bottom 1/4 of the plant and getting some kind of trellis or stakes to support her when she starts producing buds. This isnt the best picture but Bertha is getting thick :)

I found a similar path. My CK3 cloned in 6 to 10 days. 1, 4 and 5 were closer to 15 but 2 is a 20 day bastard for sure.

Thanks for sharing the info. Now at least I know what the norms are.

Cheers

Yea I have 9 chickens and the previous owner had some too. That's great to know thank you! I'll have them start poopin in a bag for ya! So we had some pretty similar results in the cloning department. Yea I almost gave up on the few that took 19 days, but they still looked good and healthy so I knew they would root eventually. The ones that rooted faster came from The tops of the plants. (I had a theory that cuttings taken from the bottom of the plant would root faster because they where closer to the roots) it was probably dumb to begin with but I think I proved that wrong this last time

Yea I have 9 chickens and the previous owner had some too. That's great to know thank you! I'll have them start poopin in a bag for ya! So we had some pretty similar results in the cloning department. Yea I almost gave up on the few that took 19 days, but they still looked good and healthy so I knew they would root eventually. The ones that rooted faster came from The tops of the plants. (I had a theory that cuttings taken from the bottom of the plant would root faster because they where closer to the roots) it was probably dumb to begin with but I think I proved that wrong this last time

Chicken poop. its best to compost it. Start a pile and toss in some peat moss and composted sheep or cow poop that will get it moving. uncomposted chicken poop you may find too hot.

Clones. This is another subject that ticks me off. Theres a guy who states "if you want big plants, take a big cuttings". What a bunch of crap. I've taken many a tiny little scabby cutting from the bottom of a plant and grown it into a plant every bit as good as its mother.

Sometimes I find rooting speed directly related to the size of the cutting. Too small or too large and they seem to take longer.

What month do you expect your forest to begin flowering?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom