LEDRF's White Widow x Big Bud & Incredible Bulk - Gavita & Apollo

Perfect Sun LED

Before I get started with all the information on this grow, here are a few pics of previous grows.

8-24-critb21.jpg

This next plant is still growing outside and is almost six feet tall now.

8-16-headband.jpg

8-20-critcal2.jpg

What strain is it?
Strains: Dr Krippling's Incredible Bulk (feminized) and Female's White Widow x Big Bud (feminized)
They are regulars not autos. I am known for growing autos, which I will be doing in this room while these regulars veg. Using the autos as a booster crop while I veg these out. To check out that grow, Click Here These new autos start on Page 3.

Growing 3x Incredible Bulk

Lineage: Big Bud x Super Skunk x Green Spirit
Type: 80% indica / 20% sativa
THC: 20-24%
Indoor Time: 7-8 weeks
Outdoor Time: Mid Sept
Yield info. indoor: 600-1000 gr/m2
Yield Outdoor: 800 -1500 gr. per plant'

White Widow x Big Bud

I've never grown anything by this seed company called Female. They were freebies when I bought Incredible Bulk. So far they are growing great.

Big Bud is 15% Sativa and 85% Indica, yet White Widow is mostly Sativa, so, I guess this mix is a balanced Sativa Indica, which they claim leans toward a White Widow high

Expect enormous dripping from resin buds from this one.
With the ‘knock-out’ White Widow Stone after 7-8 weeks of 12/12.

Here is a quick photo of the WWxBB in a three gallon, sprouted 8-1-14 More info on grow after this pic.

8-26-wwbb.jpg

These regulars are in veg state. They sprouted on 8-1-14. So they are almost 30 days old. They will veg for another 75 days when the autos are finished.

Indoor grow, under 600w Apollos and one 1000w Gavita, which I will purchase soon.

Soil or Hydro? 100% course coco from a brick. Brand name: General Hydroponics: CocoTech

Pots: Regular black 5 gallon pots.

Size of light? Will be running 1000W Gavita and 600w Apollo, both ballast and bulb

Cooled with fans and AC

Room temps are 75-78f.

RH -humidity- stays within 30-60. I run a large dehumidifier.

PH ferts to 5.8-6.1

Fertilizer: General Hydroponics modified Lukas Formula for coco known as Head's formula. 6mL Micro and 9mL Bloom. This gives the plants everything they need. I also water with GH cal-mag at 3mL gallon ever few waterings if they need it.

No Pest but a few gnats, which I prevent with sand on top and bottom of pots, about an inch. I first put coco in the bottom of the pot, then a layer of play sand, then coco, then top with sand.

How often are you watering? Everyday to every other day. Always with nutes a 6ml MIcro 9mL Bloomd per gallon of r/o water.

Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom only at about 600ppm is what 6ml and 9ml comes to.

Here are some pics of the plants. They are in 1 gallons right now. For some reason one of the WWXBB just took off more than the others. I plan to do no training to these. So far though, I did top two of them because they were growing funny

8-26-wwbb.jpg

8-26-group.jpg

re: LEDRF's White Widow x Big Bud & Incredible Bulk - Gavita & Apollo

I am going to buy the Gavita today because it is on sell. It is the Double Ended bulb for those that haven't heard of it. So far every grower I have talked to loves them and hasn't gone back to standard HPS. I am buying the kind with a separate digital ballast. This is assuming they have the 110v conversion.

I will get a few more pics of the three Incredible Bulks and White Widow x Big Bud separately. I know the one I will be taking a lot fo clones from before flower. The super tall fast growing WWxBB.

From now on White Widow x Big Bud, will be known as WWxBB.

Subbed, and an early seat too! Looks great :) what a beautiful critical blue you grew.
I've never grown an auto, but after learning more about them, next summer I'd really like to just grow a row of them in the ground or in a hedge box or something. That would be really cool, just watching little bud-on-a-sticks pop up like daisies... :circle-of-love: plus that would still be discreet!

:ciao:

welcome to the grow. out doors some stains get huge. my think different which is auto critical 47 is about five feet tall. Autos are a lot of fun because of how fast they grow.

I got the room set up with the 1000w Gavita, but first here are some pics of the WWxBB and Incredible Bulk.

8-29-wwbb.jpg

The light has been even, yet that one White Widow x Big bud shot up past the rest. Good genes in that one. Guess who I will be taking clones from?

8-29-incrediblebulk.jpg

I will soon be transplanting these into five gallons. They will veg under the 600w while the autos flower out, so about two months of vegging in five gallon pots.

This is a great way to have a perpetual grow in the same room, switching between regulars and autos. You veg the regulars while growing out the autos in 18-6, because 18 hours of light works best for autos. Then right after you harvest the autos, you take clones from the regulars. Then place the regulars under the stronger lights you finished the autos under. Place the clones under your weaker light or even a t5 and turn the veg light off, if so.

Because the room is now in 12/12 to flowering the regulars, you must keep cloning from the clones. You wait until the clones have grown for about 3 weeks to a month, but before they start to preflower. You cut clones from each of them, then kill the first ones. You will have to do that twice to three times. Then after you harvest the regulars, you last batch of clones are ready for the 18-6.

a week before you harvest the regulars, germinate auto seeds, this way they are ready to plant once the room is back to 18-6. You can now turn off your powerful lights while you grow clones under a 400-600w, or LED or whatever, and let the autos do their thing under the t5 for a few weeks.

Here is my new grow room set up.

8-29-growroom1.jpg

This is a double ended Gavita. BTW, you can run these bulbs with the new double ended hoods and pretty much any newer digital ballast.

8-29-growroom2.jpg

8-29-growroom3.jpg

8-29-growroom4.jpg

where is your source of fresh air coming from and I do not see exhaust heat from lights. Great design!!

Hey, thanks for stopping by.

I use a sealed room set up. The AC is on 24-7 to keep the room cool. It offers a little fresh air for oxygen to the roots, but the plants also provide oxygen for the roots.

I use a co2 tank for the plants to breath.

I don't exhaust any air out of the room.

I have my co2 tank set up so the co2 ranges mostly from 800-1200 while lights are on. With this timer set up, the 20lb co2 tank lasts me two months.

what temp do you keep your room at? I wish I could hire you to build mine! I am getting old and can't do so much anymore.
sister grower deb

I keep my room between 73-78. I had to lower my air conditioning a bit after I got the Gavita to 73 to keep it at 78 when lights are on.

I got them all in 5 gallon pots now. Sometime today, I am going to put in my new 6x4 flood table, this way I after I water, I don't have to wet-vac individual run-off trays. I might get a sumpump to pump the water out of the flood tray and out the window, which would feed my large apple tree.

9-5-plants.jpg

The smaller plants in the 5 gallons are auto Think Different that I self bread so I didn't have to keep buying seeds. The autos will finish in 2 months, at which time after they are harvested, the room will go to 12/12 and the regulars will then be put under the Gavita.

Right now they are under a 600w Apollo, but it is more powerful because it is receiving cross lighting from the 1000w Gavita.

The Gavita is awesome. At 2 feet away, lux readers are 109,000.

Hi there hope u don't mind me checking this out. I'm interested to see how ur bb x ww turn out. Idk how much a sub pump cost but I have seen a float switch and bilge pump work well. If the table was shived slightly on one side u could have it gravity fed into a single bucket this would only cost pennies. I'm also interested in your co2. Do u recall the initial investment for tank and regulators. What is a good ppm for it? Do you increase during flower?

Thanks for stopping by.

Right now for watering, I have the flood table at a slight angle. At the end is a large rectangle that filled up with water. All the channels lead to it. I just set my wet vac hose in there while I water and for a little while afterward, and boom, all water is gone. Then I just dump the wet vac outside where I plan to plant some zuccini and stuff. :) If this gets to be a pain in the ass, I will maybe use a small pump, set it inside my wetvac, so vac turns on, and pump turns on and pumps the water from the vac out the window. I guess I could raise the table a bit, drill a hole and place a tote under it, then a pump in that to pump it out the window. Wet vac is fine for now.

Co2 in total, for tank regulator and cheap timer, plus a cheap co2 meter to measure the ppm costed me about...thinking...15 minutes later. About $300. The co2 meter on amazon or ebay was about $80, I think. However, it was a great investment because all the other ways I produced co2 costed more in the long run. Now I fill up for $17 every two months or so. However, if you run titan controls and keep room at 1500ppm while lights are on, it goes by in two weeks.

Also, after grow at 1500ppm, I saw no difference than with 800-1100 ppm, which is why I hooked up my co2 regulator to a common analogue timer from Walmart. Cost is about $9. I have it set to only be on for 4 hours out of 18. I set it to turn on for 30 minutes every hour and a half, so on a 30 minute tab, analogue timer, I click down every 4th tab. I then set the regulator very low, so low you don't even see the little plastic ball rise up when it turns on. It took me a few days of watching the co2 levels to figure out exactly where I wanted my co2 regular, so my co2 stays between 800-1100 while lights are on. I am think I got it even more close to staying at around 800-900.

And that is with my air conditioner being on 24-7, always bringing in air from outside. On the outside of my air conditioner, I tapped green air filters to the vents that suck in air. This keeps bugs from entering my room from outside.

I don't increase co2 during flowering because I've notice no difference between 800 and 1500. Now at 400 or even 600, I do notice the buds don't get as large.

Here is an update of the indoor regulars in vegging. They still have 60 days to veg as that is how long the autos have left.

9-12-wwxbb.jpg

New flood table is in place. This makes it much easier to water. I use a 5 gal wet vac to suck up the runoff. Then I dump that. I might modify this so I have a sump pump to pump the water out of the window for my apple tree. It all depends on how sick I get of emptying the vac.

9-12-group.jpg

:goodjob: looking good .. i cant wait to grow the incredible bulk .. i love the details about it .

If it doesn't bush out naturally, top it once when young, and they bush out fat.

I topped the tallest White Widow x Big Bud so the others could catch up in height. I might switch the room to 12/12 once the autos have developed buds on them. This will save me time between harvests. Also, not sure I will have the room for the regulars if they keep vegging.

The regulars are in the back of the photo.

9-19-seagreen.jpg

I will get some photos of the regulars by themselves soon.

9-20-ib.jpg

9-20-wwxbb.jpg

Both are two feet tall right now. Incrible Bulk is fatter. WWXBB even if you top it when young, grows pretty narrow, which is fine.

Back
Top Bottom