LED's Just Arrived (but don't look quite right)

I ordered a P600 last week and my estimated shipping date, per Amazon, is March 5 - 11. Fingers crossed I get one of the new ones! I already have 2 P300's and I love them. Just can't wait to double the power in my veg tent! Flower tent coming in about another month and I plan on ordering another P600, and when it arrives, the two P300's will be moved to the flower tent and the two P600's will stay in the veg tent. Veg tent is a 4x4, flower tent will be a 4x2. Plan on running between 7-9 autos in 3 gallon smart pots and two photos in 5 gallon smart pots in the veg tent, with two more photos in flower at all time.

This is my first grow and I have nothing to compare it to, but I have nothing but great things to say about Platinum. I think the haters are just Luddites. :Namaste:

I ordered a P600 last week and my estimated shipping date, per Amazon, is March 5 - 11. Fingers crossed I get one of the new ones! I already have 2 P300's and I love them. Just can't wait to double the power in my veg tent! Flower tent coming in about another month and I plan on ordering another P600, and when it arrives, the two P300's will be moved to the flower tent and the two P600's will stay in the veg tent. Veg tent is a 4x4, flower tent will be a 4x2. Plan on running between 7-9 autos in 3 gallon smart pots and two photos in 5 gallon smart pots in the veg tent, with two more photos in flower at all time.

This is my first grow and I have nothing to compare it to, but I have nothing but great things to say about Platinum. I think the haters are just Luddites. :Namaste:

Any order after the middle of feb is a new one. The older version has been discontinued.

They're on back order atm, he sold out. So everything will be out as soon as its possible.

My P600 has not shipped yet, but I emailed Platinum about it. They replied almost immediately and apologized for the delay. they have over 200 units on back order and the supply problems were beyond their control. They said I was on the top of the list and I should ship shortly. Fingers crossed it shows up soon.

Big props to Platinum for amazing customer service. I'll be a customer for life.

The autos should do great with all the light. Auto's are pretty much all I grow anymore. I have done a few crosses and seed runs. I also have two P300's, one is white and one is grey. I have only been running them about 1 month and I am satisfied with the quality and light output.
Are you getting good growth from your P300's?

PS: I am going to let the dust settle and let them get restocked before I order any more lights. Plus I want to test the ones I have a bit longer.

Curso:

I don't think my plants could be any happier. As I previously stated, this is my first grow so I have nothing to compare it to, but it looks like my ladies love them. Don't know how to post links in here, but check my profile to see my two grows going right now. I'm about to harvest the first plants from my first grow, and I have 7 auto seedlings (Blue AutoMazar & Black Cream) all in there second week that are ready to take up the newly open space in the tent.

When the P600 shows up I'll have 1200 watts of Platinum LED love beaming down in my babies. I like your idea about waiting a month or so before I order my next one, but in 4 weeks my photos should be near the flip and I'll need my dedicated flower tent. Looks like the timing will work perfectly.

Nate

Curso:

I don't think my plants could be any happier. As I previously stated, this is my first grow so I have nothing to compare it to, but it looks like my ladies love them. Don't know how to post links in here, but check my profile to see my two grows going right now. I'm about to harvest the first plants from my first grow, and I have 7 auto seedlings (Blue AutoMazar & Black Cream) all in there second week that are ready to take up the newly open space in the tent.

When the P600 shows up I'll have 1200 watts of Platinum LED love beaming down in my babies. I like your idea about waiting a month or so before I order my next one, but in 4 weeks my photos should be near the flip and I'll need my dedicated flower tent. Looks like the timing will work perfectly.

Nate

That is fantastic timing bro. I like blasting them with double the amount of light I veg under. I'll check out your grow, I have sigs off but will get to it right now :high-five:

Congrats on the easter egg.. :thumb:

More details coming later. We'll say that the differences are much, much more than just cosmetic. You now own one of the newest, most powerful LED grow lights ever created.

Enjoy!

My back ordered P600 showed up this week and it is the old white model. Does this mean I got the old 11 band and not the new 12 band?

I was under the impression the entire delay in shipping was the transition to the new model with the gray case. Guess I'm a little disappointed to wait as long as I did for shipping and not get the new model.

I have one of the P300 grey models and the label on the box says 11 band. If compared to the White P300 the only difference I see is the placement of the diodes is different. They seem to put out the same amount of light just looking at them side by side. I dont have a PAR meter so it is just a visual observation. The 12 band spectrum has not been confirmed to me by Platinum LED. For whatever reason I havent heard anything really from Platinum LED regarding the grey lights.
The only difference I can confirm is the 120 volt plug is different and there are cosmetic differences with the case.
The fans on the Grey unit have a higher pitch but that is it.
I think your White P600 will work great for you.

I have one of the P300 grey models and the label on the box says 11 band. If compared to the White P300 the only difference I see is the placement of the diodes is different. They seem to put out the same amount of light just looking at them side by side. I dont have a PAR meter so it is just a visual observation. The 12 band spectrum has not been confirmed to me by Platinum LED. For whatever reason I havent heard anything really from Platinum LED regarding the grey lights.
The only difference I can confirm is the 120 volt plug is different and there are cosmetic differences with the case.
The fans on the Grey unit have a higher pitch but that is it.
I think your White P600 will work great for you.

Zero:

Look at the first page of the thread. Platinum confirmed that the new lights were 12 bands in grey cases. But for this thread I wouldn't be disappointed at all, but I was led to believe I was getting the new improved light and waited around 2 weeks for it to ship. Major disappointment that I had to wait that extra time for a "back ordered" product only to get the old model. It wasn't a bait and switch, just posts that created a false expectation.

Nate: Sorry you didn’t get what you hoped for. If you look at the label on the box I have that the grey model came in it states 11 band.
The only person I personally have heard 12 band from is Curso, I have not heard anything specific from Platinum other than to say the changes are more than cosmetic. Now Curso may be right, but he is a sponsored user not a spokesperson from Plaitnum as far as I am aware of.
What is curious is Platinum is shipping these grey units but are not saying anything about them in any detail.
What is the big secret, are we trying to build some drama.

Nate: Sorry you didn't get what you hoped for. If you look at the label on the box I have that the grey model came in it states 11 band.
The only person I personally have heard 12 band from is Curso, I have not heard anything specific from Platinum other than to say the changes are more than cosmetic. Now Curso may be right, but he is a sponsored user not a spokesperson from Plaitnum as far as I am aware of.
What is curious is Platinum is shipping these grey units but are not saying anything about them in any detail.
What is the big secret, are we trying to build some drama.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not unhappy, I'm just disappointed. I ordered a white 11 band P600 and I received a white 11 band P600. However, based on Platinum's post I quoted above, I was under the impression I was receiving the new model, not the old one.

I'm very happy with what I received but disappointed I didn't get the "Easter Eggs" Platinum previously referenced.

Nate

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not unhappy, I'm just disappointed. I ordered a white 11 band P600 and I received a white 11 band P600. However, based on Platinum's post I quoted above, I was under the impression I was receiving the new model, not the old one.

I'm very happy with what I received but disappointed I didn't get the "Easter Eggs" Platinum previously referenced.

Nate

I understand you're disappointment. One thing I've noticed is that I've only seen pictures of the 450's from me, curso, and DrZiggy. Maybe they have depleted stock of the white 450's but not the 600's. Either way, I bet that 600 is gonna be excellent, judging by all the great produce we've seen from the white platinums!

I ordered a white P300 and three weeks later I ordered another White P300 but received a grey P300. I am still satisfied with the original P300. I have them running them side by side and I cannot tell any difference in the light output between the two.
The only thing I noticed was the placement of the diodes was different on the grey version. If I order another light I think I will wait till some more information is available on the grey version. And like I mentioned the label on the box that the grey version came in indicated 11 band diode lamp.

I ordered a white P300 and three weeks later I ordered another White P300 but received a grey P300. I am still satisfied with the original P300. I have them running them side by side and I cannot tell any difference in the light output between the two.
The only thing I noticed was the placement of the diodes was different on the grey version. If I order another light I think I will wait till some more information is available on the grey version. And like I mentioned the label on the box that the grey version came in indicated 11 band diode lamp.[/QUOTE

I'm hanging the P600 in my veg tent tomorrow with the two P300's. 1200 watts of LED light love in a 4x4 tent. I think I'll be ok :)

Ended up ordering a Mars II 600W to put in my new dedicated 2x4 flower tent. Will post some results when I have something to report.

Nate

I am running a new p300 (grey case) next to 3 of the white case style p300's. I grow one plant under each. I can vouch that it is way more then cosmetic. The grey case growth is even more explosive. My AC/DC, under the grey p300 it is experiencing measurable gains next to the white case style. I love my 3 white p300's, i bought them all one at a time, they just took my medicine room over from the hid, lol, this new grey case performance imo shows Platinums commitment to keep pushing this advancing technology. I cant wait to get a few more. Thanks for the great products. My heatfelt thanks for allowing me to cut my electricty by 43% and at the same time make a superior medicine for myself and other patients.

Back
Top Bottom