Leebee77 Aero/Dirt - Kandy Kush and White Russian First Attempt at LED 2011

Re: Leebee77 Aero/Dirt -- Kandy Kush and White Russian First Attempt at LED 2011

First question to ask when ordering an LED (from any company), "do you have it in stock?" Many (not all) of the companies drop-ship their lights. Which means that they never actually have them in their possession, they place your order and then they are shipped direct from the manufacturer. I found that out with a previous sponsor. (Advanced has items in their warehouse, although sometime they are on back order, they always come from a US address).

Re: Leebee77 Aero/Dirt -- Kandy Kush and White Russian First Attempt at LED 2011

First question to ask when ordering an LED (from any company), "do you have it in stock?" Many (not all) of the companies drop-ship their lights. Which means that they never actually have them in their possession, they place your order and then they are shipped direct from the manufacturer. I found that out with a previous sponsor. (Advanced has items in their warehouse, although sometime they are on back order, they always come from a US address).

Thanks Steve... I did not ask him because he volunteered that he has it in stock, I am sure all is well and the website just has not been updated to show the order sent. I will keep everyone posted.
As far as the light cycle, I have 2 options, I can switch to 12/12 with the 400w or make this grow a SCROG and leave it in Veg and train it until I get the LED. Any thoughts?
Thanks
:bongrip:

I would either top/FIM or SCROG them and then flip them when you get the light.

I'm sure if he said he had the light in stock it will be there soon.

The old sponsor I bought lights from had "77 in stock" on his web site. He had zero in stock and it took me 4 weeks to get them, which totally blew my timeline.

Rule two of ordering LEDs: Order well in advance of when you think you'll need them.

I would either top/FIM or SCROG them and then flip them when you get the light.

I'm sure if he said he had the light in stock it will be there soon.

The old sponsor I bought lights from had "77 in stock" on his web site. He had zero in stock and it took me 4 weeks to get them, which totally blew my timeline.

Rule two of ordering LEDs: Order well in advance of when you think you'll need them.

Sounds like a plan! TY sir... Yea I was not going to go with LED's but after reading all your threads and with this years Heat wave I decided at the last min. But you are correct, plan early. If I like how things are going I will get a second one for the next grow.

Okay a few Pics,
This is the pic of the weird leaf formation. They have only been in veg for a week with 1/2 strength nutrients. Anyone have a clue?

mini-IMG_1322.JPG

The rest appear to be fine, I have check my PH which is at 5.8. I did turn the 400w light on just 4 days ago.

mini-IMG_1321.JPG

mini-IMG_1320.JPG

Also my pics are a little small and the program that I use to reduce them ask me to put in a pixel size. These are at 1200 pixel anyone know the best setting?

Thank you,

:bong:

The White Russian Cloans

mini-IMG_1317.JPG

mini-IMG_1315.JPG

These two White Russians were planted at the same time.
mini-IMG_1329.JPG

mini-IMG_1327.JPG

mini-IMG_1328.JPG

I guess that is it for now. I do have some plumbing work to do. I bought the inline filter that Steve recommend and I am going to try a new way to feed my sprayers.
Pics of it when it is finished.

:Namaste:

I took Stevehman idea and went and bought an inline water filter from Home Depot and some plumbing to redo the lines.

Here was the before
mini-IMG_1330.JPG

mini-IMG_1331.JPG

New Plumbing parts, all from HD
mini-IMG_1332.JPG

mini-IMG_1334.JPG

mini-IMG_1336.JPG

mini-IMG_1338.JPG

mini-IMG_1340.JPG

mini-IMG_1343.JPG

mini-IMG_1344.JPG

mini-IMG_1345.JPG

A Small leak to fix..
mini-IMG_1347.JPG

mini-IMG_1348.JPG

Well it was easy, once I found the plumbing parts that would work, I wanted to go with a nicer Brass valves for each line but the cost was going to be over $100 for plumbing. All of this was less than $50.00 and the sprayers are all working great!

Thanks Stevehman! :adore:

I clean my filter out every week. The first time it was pretty dirty, full of a bunch of build-up. After that it's just a weekly check to make sure it's clean and flowing strong. I use a toothbrush to scrub it out, makes quick work of it.

I clean my filter out every week. The first time it was pretty dirty, full of a bunch of build-up. After that it's just a weekly check to make sure it's clean and flowing strong. I use a toothbrush to scrub it out, make quick work of it.

Cool thanks for the heads up and tip! I feel so much better knowing that it is being filtered!

Had a major leak last night! Everything is okay but boy did it make my Saturday morning interesting.

As the previous picture show I was trying to setup my 4" pvc pipe like I saw 420fied do on his grow. He used brass and I used plastic from Home depot.

Well the fittings at Home Depot areVERY VERY THIN!
Here are the pictures!
mini-IMG_1359.JPG

As you can see the water pressure caused the fitting to split were it was joined in the manufacturing process.

Should Have looked like this..

mini-IMG_1356.JPG

I went to Lowes and their fittings are much thicker and look like a Heavier Duty plastic.

mini-IMG_1360.JPG

It comes 2 to a pack with a screen. I removed the screen since I have an inline filter.
mini-IMG_1363.JPG

So I replaced them all because these are so much thicker.

I also found this marked down from $20.00 to clearance price of $5.00 They only had 2 and the lady picked it up as I was looking at the other one.
mini-IMG_1369.JPG

mini-IMG_1354.JPG

Now I can relax a little, You cannot to do Hydro and visit your room once a day. At least I can't right now!

:roorrip::bongrip:

Nice setup leeb, I always like to check out the home made systems.

:thanks::thanks:
I like the DIY stuff until I have problems like last night, but that was a malfunction not much I could have done. I hope everyone sees this so that they do not buy them at Home Depot.
Thanks for stopping by and please everyone throw out any suggestions or ideas!

:Namaste:

I've seen a setup like this somewhere before. :high-five:

If you ever have any questions regarding this type of setup, I can probably answer them.

Best of luck my friend.

Yes sir indeed! No sense in reinventing the wheel! You nailed it already! :adore:

So far so good, this is only my second grow and I am more worried about the soil grow. This will be my first try at soil and of course I am sitting on my hands waiting on my light. I may even throw some 2 liter bottles in there!!!:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom