Legal Advice plz...

LiCuid_Ice

my brother recently got busted with 15 individually bagged grams, he got charged with intent to distribute and posession. he applied to drug court an got denied because he supposedly had a street name, or something. originally he was charged with 2 misdemeanors, and this is his first offense being over 18, other then this his record is clean (all his other stuff got expunged when he turned 18) , now supposedly its changed from 2 misdemeanors to a felony, meaning he could do 2 years in jail. even on the NORML site it says it should be 2 misdemeanors, which should be 60 days in jail and a 1000 dollar fine, i dont really know much about the actual legal system, does the DA have the power to change it from misdemeanor to felony? also my brother cannot afford a lawyer, and my parents are not dishing out the money, advice, suggestions, thoughts? thanks alot

hmmmm.... o dunno about that but shouldnt he be provided with a lawyer? Specially if it's a felony charge?

I think that intent to distribute is a felony in any state. But posession should only be a misdemeanor.

punk_rock156 said:
I think that intent to distribute is a felony in any state. But posession should only be a misdemeanor.

Is fifteen grams under an ounce.....I'm not too good at math, but if it is, it should be misdameanor......

Back
Top Bottom