Legal Hydro's Speedy Gonzales Journal - July 2015

Hi :) Thanks for the sub Hungaluz!

Any suggestions on when to start my 3-1-5 nutes?

hey legal. great grow journal. I too am starting a grow and will start a journal. keep the good info coming for the rest of us noobs.

Hey Bubblenuggs! Excited to have you along the ride with me! :) If you have any questions feel free to ask! This forum has helped me oh so much! You can also click on my name and choose to private message. Enjoy! :Rasta:

Hello all! Hope your enjoying this fine evening! :high-five: Just a couple of notes here nothing big..

Ghost Train Haze seed has been germinating for 4 days now.. still no pop :( (Papertowel method)
Temps, RH and PH are stable

Unanswered Questions:
1. Can a blue CFL mimic moonlight? Is this beneficial? Could it increase photosynthesis once the lights are back on? Been giving seedlings 1 hour of "Moonlight" The rest of the time it's fully lit.
2. Can I donate some of the finished product to research? if so.. how?

Current Project:
- Getting top feed system put together (Which will be activated once nutrients hit the system) I am just perfecting the drip at the moment.

Prepping tap water for next reservoir change. Straight out of the faucet it PH'd at 6.2ish. Note: This is where my chilled res sits (In the bottom) The top of the fridge is turned off and is used to store water and chemicals.
11748743_10204086111865780_2006735173_n.jpg

View image in gallery

ph chart on site somewhere
I wouldn't keep relying on strips get a real meter for better accuracy
6.0 is ok in veg I run mine up to 6.2 in veg
in bloom get it down to 5.7-5.9
I use organic nutes my ph fluctuates daily I adjust daily
works great tho
Subbed

Hello all! Hope your enjoying this fine evening! :high-five: Just a couple of notes here nothing big..

Ghost Train Haze seed has been germinating for 4 days now.. still no pop :( (Papertowel method)
Temps, RH and PH are stable

Unanswered Questions:
1. Can a blue CFL mimic moonlight? Is this beneficial? Could it increase photosynthesis once the lights are back on? Been giving seedlings 1 hour of "Moonlight" The rest of the time it's fully lit.
2. Can I donate some of the finished product to research? if so.. how?

Question 1. -
I'm down with trying to mimic nature as much as possible but... Any light that is brighter than the moon will likely interrupt the dark cycle so if you do this you should do it for the hour before normal lights on or the hour immediately after lights off this way dark/light cycles are not interrupted.
Maybe consider just extending the light hours with your normal grow lights and cut back on the dark cycle. 1 additional hour per day of photosynthesis over the course of 8 or more weeks of flowering is a whole lot of additional photosynthesis. If you were to use a 13 on/11 off schedule instead of 12/12 for the whole 8 weeks that would equate to and additional 56 hours more of illumination time at full power. I'm doing this now as a trial but I started at the beginning of flip. So far everything appears to be going well with no problems to report but I'm watch out for hermies like a hawk. Instead of running all the way through to harvest this way I intend to cut back to 12/12 about 6 weeks in. We'll see what happens....

Anyways, I'm not sure that increasing the "lights on" time would be a good thing to do in mid-bloom as it could possibly trigger some type of harmonal confusion.
Plant to self - Hey whats going on here....??? Why is there more light today.....?? Shouldn't there be less light every day as my flowers mature and we move into winter season?? Maybe spring/summer is approaching and I need to put the brakes on these flowers and get back to vegging.
Something like this could potentially stunt flowering progress for a week or so until her harmones get back to normal. It may also be a recipe for hermie's but I doubt it.

Question 2 - You can send some of your finished product to me. I'll research the shit out of it and give you a full report once all of the researchin' is done. I'll PM you with the delivery address. :volcano-smiley:

ph chart on site somewhere
I wouldn't keep relying on strips get a real meter for better accuracy
6.0 is ok in veg I run mine up to 6.2 in veg
in bloom get it down to 5.7-5.9
I use organic nutes my ph fluctuates daily I adjust daily
works great tho
Subbed

Honored to have you with me Chonic! :thanks:

One of our fine members shared a PH chart with me the first day on site ;). Seems as if 5.8 is ideal, right?
So yea I am definitely getting a PH, PPM and possibly EC meter as soon as I can! So far this build has been under $100 including seeds trying to keep it that way but I understand these meters are important and am willing to invest! (Currently on your 2nd completed grow journal)

Question 1. -
I'm down with trying to mimic nature as much as possible but... Any light that is brighter than the moon will likely interrupt the dark cycle so if you do this you should do it for the hour before normal lights on or the hour immediately after lights off this way dark/light cycles are not interrupted.
Maybe consider just extending the light hours with your normal grow lights and cut back on the dark cycle. 1 additional hour per day of photosynthesis over the course of 8 or more weeks of flowering is a whole lot of additional photosynthesis. If you were to use a 13 on/11 off schedule instead of 12/12 for the whole 8 weeks that would equate to and additional 56 hours more of illumination time at full power. I'm doing this now as a trial but I started at the beginning of flip. So far everything appears to be going well with no problems to report but I'm watch out for hermies like a hawk. Instead of running all the way through to harvest this way I intend to cut back to 12/12 about 6 weeks in. We'll see what happens....

Anyways, I'm not sure that increasing the "lights on" time would be a good thing to do in mid-bloom as it could possibly trigger some type of harmonal confusion.
Plant to self - Hey whats going on here....??? Why is there more light today.....?? Shouldn't there be less light every day as my flowers mature and we move into winter season?? Maybe spring/summer is approaching and I need to put the brakes on these flowers and get back to vegging.
Something like this could potentially stunt flowering progress for a week or so until her harmones get back to normal. It may also be a recipe for hermie's but I doubt it.

Question 2 - You can send some of your finished product to me. I'll research the shit out of it and give you a full report once all of the researchin' is done. I'll PM you with the delivery address. :volcano-smiley:

Unky C! Mad love for the response!

Regarding question 1. I am running the 1 hour of 13-watt Blue CFL 10 inches away (Moonlight) in veg stage in hopes of giving the ladies a break for an hour (Same time everyday) Once the lights are back on for 23 hours I'm hoping the ladies respond by increasing photosynthesis. As far as flowering goes.. during the lights off phase it will be completely dark on a 12/12 schedule or 13/11 pending your results.

Question 2. LOL! If your in the CO area during harvest I'll gladly smoke out any of my 420 mag friends! As for donating to you ...umm i'll pass lol but I'm legit trying to find some one who can break stuff down and tell me why my bud differs medicinally than others. Basically for personal logs.. Would love to grow medicine for my own disp. Who wouldn't? :)

Howdy Suspectbigg7! Thanks for the sub bud! :high-five:

There's nothing space age about my setup lol it's all an easily done DIY project for under $100 depending on what kind of junk you have laying around. Your grow is going great! :goodluck:

Plant A is standing Strong!
11748844_10204090036883903_1822532133_n.jpg

11739525_10204090036763900_999033892_n.jpg

This is Plant B and I meant to circle what I'm talking about here, but hopefully you'all will understand. If you'll notice the middle you can see 2 new growth leaves vividly and right beside two other new growth spots connected to the bigger leave. Is this normal?

Went to do my rez change and BAM..:allgood:
Week 1 (Day 8)
11751190_10204090614898353_33740327_n.jpg

Great Update yes 5.8 is ideal hydro
but if you look at the chart there are ideals for veg and bloom
5.8 is a benchmark is like the ideal center point
you can figure out ppm's with a ec meter they are basically the same
I use a blue lab ph meter im gonna get a ppm meter one day lol
never used one and seem to be fine just making sure ph is good
but im following a ready made feed chart and I adjust from there

Unky C! Mad love for the response!

Regarding question 1. I am running the 1 hour of 13-watt Blue CFL 10 inches away (Moonlight) in veg stage in hopes of giving the ladies a break for an hour (Same time everyday) Once the lights are back on for 23 hours I'm hoping the ladies respond by increasing photosynthesis. As far as flowering goes.. during the lights off phase it will be completely dark on a 12/12 schedule or 13/11 pending your results.

Question 2. LOL! If your in the CO area during harvest I'll gladly smoke out any of my 420 mag friends! As for donating to you ...umm i'll pass lol but I'm legit trying to find some one who can break stuff down and tell me why my bud differs medicinally than others. Basically for personal logs.. Would love to grow medicine for my own disp. Who wouldn't? :)

Ah...I see...I thought that you were gonna give em' a bit of moon shine while flowering.... Doh!!
I was just pulling your chain about the research donation. LOL!

Week 1 (Day 9)

And then.. Legalhydro said let there be nutes! ..And there was nutes! All 230ml straight into the ol rez! ..Of course not all at once, also running 24 gallons of that pure bubbleicious water! Pics tommorow!

Legalhydro here with another epic update! Well.. Not too epic but definitely worth a glimpse! Let's see.. my babies love the nutrients! It seems as if they're growing before my eyes! Top water feed is activated and here is a sample picture of how the tubing is situated in the net pots.
11741781_10204099496040376_311360877_n.jpg

Don't mind my socks.. Life's too short to worry about matching socks!
11758896_10204099495440361_188061357_n.jpg

11749371_10204099495360359_201579029_n.jpg

Plant D (Blueberry)
11739509_10204099495680367_1725303636_n.jpg

Plant A (Speedy G)
11751073_10204099496000375_852136190_n.jpg

Plant B (Speedy G)
11749531_10204099495960374_1583348601_n.jpg

Plant C (Speedy G)
11753862_10204099616163379_486195763_n.jpg

Whats up with this? Mutation?

Think I've heard on here that mutations on some of the first few sets of leaves are not uncommon and usually nothing to worry about.
Gotta love how quick things can grow in hydro.....good luck keeping up with these ones lol :)

Hey Kushtie! Thanks for responding! Yea moving the lights and syncing both pumps has been challenging to say the least. I am wondering what is the best interval for my top feed system. Like turn on for 15 mins then off for 15? I've also read where a lot of people disconnect the top feed after the roots are touching the water.

Back
Top Bottom