Legalization of Marijuana is No Joke

First off, I never said I was addicted to mj. I'm speaking from the liquid side of the fence, so to speak. Second, I did say if people need mj for medicinal purposes, it's a different deal. My point is that this world has too many crutches as it is, that sooner or later will turn against and harm a person. In my opinion, alcohol is a good comparison to mj. It too, was once illegal. And even then, there were obstacles to hurdle....but is society better off now that it's legal? No. I know mj doesn't have the same adverse personal health effects of alcohol, but it does alter a persons judgment and state of mind. What about the child that comes home from school to find his mother or babysitter wasted? What about the person that smokes a joint and decides to drive? What about the people who drive a mass transit vehicle for a living and other people's safety depend upon them, but they decide to smoke a joint before getting behind the wheel? Yeah, that happens now, but multiply that number if mj were legal. Look beyond the tip of your nose. And the cost for more frequent drug testing in order to prevent on-the-job mishaps gets spread across the taxpayers....including the one's that don't smoke. I pose my question again, If you can live without it as you stated, why are you so Hell bent to make it legal? Don't give a reason for someone else, give yours.

Your statment amuses me because I know transit drivers that smoke weed everyday and it doesn't effect there driving at all! If driving while stoned is "dangerous" or causes people to get into accidents then it would be all over the news. Since that hasn't happened ever! Than how does it in any way make it "harmful" to society when most of society smoke weed. Weed has been around for hundreds of years and hasn't killed any one. So there is no way you can compare weed to alcohol. Weed is safer, than any other drug and that's a fact. So all I feel like doing is legalizing it because why should people be put into jail for a victimless crime. The only thing that brings crime is keeping it illegal. And did you know that the illegalization of weed started because a man said weed makes a white woman sleep with black men. So think about that. We as a country have grown stronger and wiser. Are we really as racist as then? And people have to see weed for what it really is and because of the demonized way it's portrayed to the citizens around the united states. So the people are ignorant and don't take the topic of legalization seriously because of the bull shit lies that surround it. The government tries to scare people with the reffer madness videos and many have proved this to be bull shit! The government like to minipulate the people with fear because with fear they can do what ever they want and say "it's for your protection". I think you need to learn more about the history of things before you open your mouth. And if people need it for medical reasons then let them use it, but the only way to insure that they won't go to jail is for weed to be legalized!

I know what lennygstone is saying, but I think Alcohol and Cannabis can be directly put side to side. Guess what; Cannabis wins hands down. Not only can it be ingested several ways to get the medicine into the body, but it also has cleared your system after a night's rest. Alcohol can and does kill every day. Cannabis has never killed and can not kill. A drunk coming off boose can die of the DT's. Since Cannabis is used successfully as a pain blocker the side effects of coming off Cannabis will be to have your pain come back(or what ever you are using it for) so you are naturally going to be cranky. They say the effects are same or less than quiting coffee. Like coffee you do it so much you can depend on it. I have quit drinking and have gone through the DT's so I know from direct experience the difference between the two. With Cannabis most people try it in their teens, but for many children, alcohol is the first drug they usually get in to. Most use it in their 20's and 30's then taper off when raising children, then pick back up on it once the kids have left the nest. Alcohol use can start early and continue to old age,never stopping. That is the usual pattern, with older people being told not to drink because they are taking so many pills. With Cannabis you can take your pills and use at the same time with little interaction. There are so many positives and almost no negatives to Cannabis, but we are all familar with the high death toll Alcohol gets every year. Do I need to mention you feel happy and hungry on Cannabis and often you know a person is drunk because of their bad behaviour(and vomit breath). I do not think I need to go on, I have made my point.

First off, I never said I was addicted to mj. I'm speaking from the liquid side of the fence, so to speak. Second, I did say if people need mj for medicinal purposes, it's a different deal. My point is that this world has too many crutches as it is, that sooner or later will turn against and harm a person. In my opinion, alcohol is a good comparison to mj. It too, was once illegal. And even then, there were obstacles to hurdle....but is society better off now that it's legal? No. I know mj doesn't have the same adverse personal health effects of alcohol, but it does alter a persons judgment and state of mind. What about the child that comes home from school to find his mother or babysitter wasted? What about the person that smokes a joint and decides to drive? What about the people who drive a mass transit vehicle for a living and other people's safety depend upon them, but they decide to smoke a joint before getting behind the wheel? Yeah, that happens now, but multiply that number if mj were legal. Look beyond the tip of your nose. And the cost for more frequent drug testing in order to prevent on-the-job mishaps gets spread across the taxpayers....including the one's that don't smoke. I pose my question again, If you can live without it as you stated, why are you so Hell bent to make it legal? Don't give a reason for someone else, give yours.
Ok; First point- what about those same children coming home to a parent wasted on alcohol or pain meds? Bad parenting should not be tolerated. What about the person who smokes a joint and drives? From the tests I have seen, many people are better drivers stoned than when they are straight. Please explain that one to me. We would not need this stupid drug testing bullshit if it was legal, because the other drugs are such a smaller minority to Cannabis, that it would not be worth it to do the testing. When Cannabis is legal, many people will stop drinking and use Cannabis instead(because it is better for you), so over all drug use will go down. There will be a spike in use when it is first legal, then drop down like it did in Holland. Taxes will be lower due to less people in jail. Healthcare costs will go way down since this is a cheaply made drug that you can grow in your backyard AND IT IS GOOD FOR SO MANY ILLNESSES. One plant can take the place of many pills and lotions. When Cannabis is legal, it will be regulated and taxed so it will be a revenue source and since it is regulated, it will be harder for kids to get it.

How are those reasons?

Well I can state a few reasons why I am hell bent to make it legal and the main one is it never should have become illegal in the first place in the mid 30's when its demonization and eventual result of it becoming illegal the 2 main lobbiests for it were Harry anslinger the son in law of one of he largest pulp and paper producers in north america and a newspaper and magazine mogul , I can only assume his reasons were the fact that 10 acres of farm land growing industrial hemp can by far produce more paper then 10 acres of forest that once cut down will be decades to regrow , not to mention the fact that cannabis and hemp are some of the most efficient oxygen producers so in a world where the deforestation of our rain forests are leading to our own destruction the decision to make a plant that produces oxygen in abundance, is a far greater renewable source of paper over trees, its seeds from the hemp plant contain all the essential nutrients ,proteins and fats necessary to keep a person healthy eating nothing but hemp seed ,when you consider all the people in third world countries who are dying of starvation I see cannabis as a cheap and easily produced source of food.

Now after getting thru my beef with the newspaper mogul who launched his campaing on cannabis strictly as a way to put industrial hemp growers out bussiness and eliminate his biggest competition, its time to turn to the other people who had an alternative motive to cannabis becoming illegal wich had nothing to do with its effect as a drug or use in making paper but because of its superior and extremely strong and durable rope made from its fibres the company I am refering to at this point is Dupont chemicals who had just perfected nylon rope but because of the cheap cost and easy of production of hemp rope were more then happy to get involved in the criminalization of cannabis.

Now anyone who wants to argue my points go right ahead but first before you make any statements about why cannabis should be illegal if you disagree I only ask you to explain first why industrial hemp a cousing of cannabis used for its thc, which the hemp plant doesnt produce. So why was hemp inculded in the decision to make cannabis illegal when it produces no drug but can be used to make fuel,food,clothes,rope,lubricating oil,cellophane and even dynamite not to mention a few thousand other products. I personally believe that if the criminalization of cannabis was due to the fact that some strains produce thc I dont understand why industrial hemp was included in this law. Especially when you consider that the US is the largest industrialized country in the world but the only one which doesnt cultivate industrial hemp, and infact just before hemp and cannabis became illegal popular mechanic magazine had just prepared a article about how hemp was the new billion dollar crop, and actually up untill 1937 anyone could go to there local pharmacy and purchase a bottle of tincture of cannabis indica which proves that up until cannabis was made illegal it was considered to have medicinal properties just as it has always had for at least the 5000 years of recorded history.

Well just had to let you all know that in 2 days on march 9 my Dr is finalizing my paperwork for health canada and it seems from some word of mouth info I got on him of the 1800 medicinal users in ontario he is the Dr of about 600 of them he is a great man and an excellent Dr willing to use whatever is available that wont harm his patient to ease there suffering. He is rather thurough however in his acceptance process first of course he goes over your medical records to verify your condition and treatment you have accepted for it at this point if he feels cannabis will help you he has you leave a urine for a tox screen to make sure your not using any other meds besides cannabis and any other prescription pills your spossed to be on IF all this goes well the final step for him is he has his patient supply him with a criminal record search so he can be sure that the patient isnt just trying to scam the system and use the licence to grow with a piece of paper to protect them. So anyways if you meet all of his requirements he fills out your forms and as he put it to me once he signs your forms your guaranteed your authorization to possess as well as your licence to produce your own if thats your choice .

Theres no more chance of someone smoking before work than there is of them drinking alcohol before work now.
Please give us some LEGITIMATE reasons that a plant that can provide fuel,clothing, food, medicine and a promising cancer cure (yup THC kills cancer cells in preliminary tests on mice) should not be legalised worldwide. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE GANJA:peace:

Back
Top Bottom