420 Magazine Background

Legalize It?

CaseyJones

New Member
So today I think I came to a conclusion that I never would come to: marijuana should not be legalized. I mean, when I thought about it before it all seemed so great to me, and I suddenly realized: "wait a minute, I'm going to be out a job. and so are a bunch of other people, just like me." I mean, selling is a basis of income for me that I need, and if someones doing it for me, cheaper prices and better bud...then what do I do?

The government starts taxing weed and then they're making all the money I need to be making, to pay rent, to eat, and to live... right along with the income from my real job.

opinions? arguments?
 

420FLASmoka

New Member
I hear ya bro, and that might be a problem that a lot of people on this forum might face if buds are legalized, but look at it like this: California has medicinal marijuana and still has a black market for it. So just cause the government is tryin to cop a piece don't mean you can't offer budz for lower than what they can give. Think about it...if the government sets its prices at say... $300/OZ of goody good, well don't you think your connects are gonna have to lower their prices? Hence still leavin you room for profit :3:

It'll all work out bro, no worries :rasta:
 

CustomMX6

New Member
True, but having a real job wouldn't be that bad, you know? (not that I should talk) And the payoff would be you could smoke in public. Concerts, Restaurants, At break during my three hour classes....lmao But, yeah, I feel ya.
 

alanwatts420

New Member
The current illegal status is what lead me to start growing. It's my way of putting my middle finger in the face of the Man. I live such a wholesome clean life. (Hah!) I am an environmentalist. I love hiking in the great outdoors. The irony of MJ's legal status hits me right in the gut. It is just So Wrong to demonize such a helpfull healthfull plant. The plant's beauty is another major factor in my decision to grow.
 

sugarmagnolia

New Member
That is a terrible reason. If marijuana were legal it would improve the economy so much. The fact that it would put drug dealers out of business would be good for the buyers, the government, and the economy.
 

420FLASmoka

New Member
^ Im actually not too sure on how much MJ will help the economy when legalized. Sure, it'll help a lil bit, and it'll definently help the selection of buds and availiblity, but how are is the economy going to benefit when people are growing their yearlong supply right in the comfort of their own home?
 

Paladin

New Member
Well .....I'm tired of being labled a criminal .....so .....I'd gladly give up any income to be able to grow and consume without any legal repercussions. Actually it's more like a hobby that I love rather than a job for me . It would also make alot of my friends who suffer from various ailments to not have to worry about weather or not they will have to suffer incarceration.
 

CaseyJones

New Member
sugarmagnolia said:
That is a terrible reason. If marijuana were legal it would improve the economy so much. The fact that it would put drug dealers out of business would be good for the buyers, the government, and the economy.

You don't really have love for your fellow brothers do you? How could you wish for people just like you to be out of jobs? I have a real job, as well as dealing, and I still need it to support me, without it I'm going to be broke.

and thanks 420FLASmoka, you're probably right.
 

Paladin

New Member
You may be broke .........but never out of smoke !!!!:headbang: :hmmmm: :headbang:
 

hossua34

New Member
Sorry man, but in the big picture, I couldn't give less than a rat's ass that you would be out of a job if it were legal. I assume you're not the type of dealer who deals in ultra-large quantities, carries a gun, robs or regularly gets robbed by other dealers, etc... but that is how a lot of dealers operate. People die in drug deals gone wrong. It just SHOULDN'T HAPPEN over something as petty as weed.

Not to mention the fact that, you may be riding high now, but if you slip up and get caught dealing you're likely going to see jail time. Then would you think it makes sense for marijuana to be illegal?

The way I see it, legalizing it would accomplish loads of good things, like decreasing the amount of pot available to minors in our schools, keeping good people out of legal trouble, and bringing a permanent end to dry spells. And don't even get me started on the whole "the gov't would corrupt it" arguement... you could always grow your own. On top of that, money from the pot trade would go to state governements to build things like roads and school systems, instead of going to, well, you.

And you could always get a real job. No, I'm sorry, but that is a piss-poor reason why it should be kept illegal.
 

Paladin

New Member
^ Couldn't have said it better !
 

4iLLEsT2bTCH0

New Member
hossua34 said:
And you could always get a real job. No, I'm sorry, but that is a piss-poor reason why it should be kept illegal.

he said in two posts already that he has a real job, but the money from selling helps him out so much that if he lost his business that he would be struggling to live.

but i have to agree with everyone else.... L E G A L I Z E
 

420FLASmoka

New Member
Mos def, Im definently on the side of legalization. Hossua said it very nicely, there are more ways to get ya grind on other than buds, but as I said before, just cause it's legalized don't mean there won't be a blackmarket, however, the competition will be high n rough.

No worries Casey, I actually think that once buds are legalized, they are still going to need people who just know the business, feel me? We very well might have jobs waiting on us in dispensieries and grow ops once legalization occurs, count on that.
 

CaseyJones

New Member
hossua34 said:
Sorry man, but in the big picture, I couldn't give less than a rat's ass that you would be out of a job if it were legal. I assume you're not the type of dealer who deals in ultra-large quantities, carries a gun, robs or regularly gets robbed by other dealers, etc... but that is how a lot of dealers operate. People die in drug deals gone wrong. It just SHOULDN'T HAPPEN over something as petty as weed.

Not to mention the fact that, you may be riding high now, but if you slip up and get caught dealing you're likely going to see jail time. Then would you think it makes sense for marijuana to be illegal?

The way I see it, legalizing it would accomplish loads of good things, like decreasing the amount of pot available to minors in our schools, keeping good people out of legal trouble, and bringing a permanent end to dry spells. And don't even get me started on the whole "the gov't would corrupt it" arguement... you could always grow your own. On top of that, money from the pot trade would go to state governements to build things like roads and school systems, instead of going to, well, you.

And you could always get a real job. No, I'm sorry, but that is a piss-poor reason why it should be kept illegal.

Alright well you can can give "less than a rats ass" about me all you want brotha. And you're right, I don't deal mass quantities or carry guns or kill people, nor do I ever become involved in any high risk situations where this could even be a possibility.

And you're right, there is always the chance of getting caught and blowing my ride but I'm pretty careful about what I do, and I've yet to see anything bad come of it so far. And you're right, if I did get caught then I would be sitting in jail wishing that it was legal, so what... I'm fucked either way right?

But the availibilty to pot to minors isn't going to decrease if it becomes legal, they're always going to find ways to get it no matter what. People 21 and over still buy alcohol for kids, so I can't see why pot would be much different. Also, I don't know what makes you think that I said the goverment would corrupt it, because I didn't... not to mention I don't think that at all.

I could grow pot but its not easy, and I already said twice that I have a real job... but sometimes its not always relilable. I could be out of work for a month or so and with no pay, how else do I pay my bills? I always end up finding work eventually, but when I'm already behind I need something to help me get by.

But I think 420FLASmoka already reassured me plenty anyway.
 

sugarmagnolia

New Member
CaseyJones said:
You don't really have love for your fellow brothers do you? How could you wish for people just like you to be out of jobs? I have a real job, as well as dealing, and I still need it to support me, without it I'm going to be broke.

and thanks 420FLASmoka, you're probably right.

The positive effects of legalizing would clearly outweigh the fact the drug dealers would be out of business. It would be good for America as a whole if drug dealers were out of business because there would be no drug related violence. If you ever get caught you're going to wish that it was legal and you had made your money doing a job that was legal.
 

CaseyJones

New Member
sugarmagnolia said:
The positive effects of legalizing would clearly outweigh the fact the drug dealers would be out of business. It would be good for America as a whole if drug dealers were out of business because there would be no drug related violence. If you ever get caught you're going to wish that it was legal and you had made your money doing a job that was legal.

I have realized this, as I have now once again, said twice.
 

CaseyJones

New Member
JuanaSmoke said:
sellin buds is so for suckers if thats what you do for a living thats horrible. thats another reason why the government should legalize it, get rid of the dangerous drug trade.

Dangerous drug trade? So me buying a couple oz's of pot and selling twenty bags and eighths to a bunch of 20 year old stoners to get by, where's the danger? I'm not pointing guns at anyones head and demanding money, and no ones doing so to me either. Theres no need to threaten any kind of violence in the buisness at all, you just get done what you need to get done and keep moving.
 

420FLASmoka

New Member
CaseyJones said:
Theres no need to threaten any kind of violence in the buisness at all, you just get done what you need to get done and keep moving.

I agree totally. There is no need for violence in the bud trade, just keep it real.
 

hossua34

New Member
420FLASmoka said:
I agree totally. There is no need for violence in the bud trade, just keep it real.

If only all dealers followed those rules, there would be no violence problem (and probably a lot fewer busts). Unfortunately there's always that stupid and greedy minority of dealers who do use violence in "doing business". I just think eliminating that group alone is worth legalizing, for the lives and futures that would be saved.
 
Top Bottom