Legalized Or Not, L.A. Lawmakers Will Go After Pot

The fight LA makes against 19's passage will only serve to push forward the idea of legalization, not take away from it.

Its not so much that 19 will assure pot is legal, but instead its the fallout from the battle against 19, once it does pass, that will open the doors to real change for everyone.

I would rep you but I've got to spread sum love first....

I would rep you but I've got to spread sum love first....
yeah I ran into that trying to rep you earlier this week.:thumb:

One small vote for prop one-nine, one giant leap towards legalization world wide.

What is "rep"ing exactly? And your point about pushing forward the idea of legalization is really good. Pass or not, here in a few days the first big step towards legalization will be taken.:blunt:

^^^when you really like a post, you can give reps to a member by clicking the little cauliflower looking icon next to the '!' inside the red triangle, under their name.

it helps that poster get more little green reputation squares. if you hover over the greeenies it has a pop up message too. -like "hogdady has much to be proud of"

reps received shows up under the subscribed posts listing in your user control panel.

imo it should really be a pot leaf

Thanks Snowbender. I've been wondering about that for a while. And that cauliflower thing SHOULD be a pot leaf haha. It looks kinda like some scales to me. And Hogdady, I checked out your plant of the month winner pics earlier. GORGEOUS!

I stopped calling it scales cause everyone else called it a cauliflower... :p

Can it be changed to a pot leaf? or is that not part of the forum software? maybe a pot leaf with a little plus, since 420 doesnt allow neg reps?

Well what does everyone think???? Will it pass or not?

Even though I am voting no... I honestly believe it will pass. I feel sorry for those who will reap the shitstorm that will come when it does. As it is going to get real nasty before it gets any better. Alot of people will be martars and pawns in this... the last stand.

I wish everyone the best regardless of which side of the fence you are on.

GanjaAL2: why would you not want to see it pass? I voted for it, even though it is how I make my living. I think you'll be satisfied, because it's not going to pass, which to me is almost a sense of relief, even if disappointing. It is a relief in the monetary sense, I still have a job, while disappointing in the sense that people are still ignorant about all the benefits of cannabis. Think how many lives it could save in the drug war, not how it might hurt your pocketbook. Think about how many people would have access to relatively free medicine, and no longer have to poison their livers with pharmaceutical synthetic drugs designed to create reliance upon even more man made "cures". Ever listen to the side effects of depression meds? Symptoms that would make me depressed about having to live with all the symptoms!!!

I am thoroughly disgusted with Americas lack of attention to the truth of what is really going on. People so caught up in the petty day to day b.s., that they can't see the big picture. And that's exactly where the lawmakers and government want you, so distracted by petty annoyances that you'll never notice them taking away your rights and liberties.

If anyone knows the truth about the civil war, it wasn't about slavery. It was about preserving freedom of choice. Just as states today battle with the federal gov't over conflicting federal and state laws, if prop 19 passes, does it not then become a point for California to make a stand against the fed? States are sovereign, constitution says so.

I can understand why some recreational tokers may not want it to pass necessarily. The wording of the proposition is poor at best, leaves loopholes, and pass or fail, is still going to need some work to hone the specifics down to exactly what is going to work best. Personally though, I'd rather the "pass it now, and perfect it later" routine. It would be a huge breakthrough if this can pass and I would much rather the specifics be worked on from the side of the line that it is already legal on, rather than have to perfect the proposition and try again to get it to pass later. Either way though, it would be a YES TO 19 for me! :thumb:

CanbisMaxmus You really sound conflicted. So what side are you in the civil war?

Good bud will always command a high price regardless of the law. Lots of fine things that are legal do (Caviar, fine Wines etc). Custom weed grown in someone's garden will always be worth more than the McDonald's cheeseburger weed that will be grown on pot plantations. Your vote is counted so there is no preaching to you about it. I will say one more thing... If Cali got legal it would bring Pot tourist to the state in droves. I have friends that Only smoke weed in Amsterdam, seriously. That is the only time they smoke is when they are traveling through the Dam, and they have a great time. There are a million market possibilities with a change in the law. You just have to use your imagination a bit. There are folks that make more money in a depression than during an economic boom. You just have to be creative.

Me, I cannot vote in California, I am registered somewhere else. I love Cali though, it is my second home or the home I am always away from. I have never made a dime off of cannabis and never will. The closest thing I guess is if I could make money as a writer about it.

well said G-dog. the ones that will be hurt by 19's passage are pumping out crap weed for greed. their pounds will finally be priced as low as they should be. while quality growers that do it for love of herb can still get what they deserve for their hard work and dedication.

not passing it will be a much bigger setback for a much larger number of people than passing it could ever be.

any prop that would legalize pot like the stoners against 19 say they want, would never stand a chance of passing.

Just because of the massive grey area. As it is right now it is just a ticket for an oz or less. To grow it... well that is another story which as it stands now is a felony... however if you must... go get a rec and you can grow more than what the prop has.

Also from what I read on the prop... Employers can still hassel you if you are smoking... they do it for mmj as well. So I do not see how this will help others.

We need to continue to push the MMJ as I feel this is the only hope to free the weed for everyone. Why... because I see it as the only feasable way of getting the schedule changed.

Also we as a movement need to hold these enforcers of the law accountable... If we can do that... then and only then will any law, bill or prop be safe and the control will remain in the hands of the people.

I still believe this is going to pass though... It has alot of support.

I still dont get it AL, you hated 215 when it was up for a vote, now you sing its praises and even encourage recreational users to lie to their doctor. (lying to a doctor to get a script is illegal, isn't it?)

how many years after 19 passes will it take for you to realize it was the unsealable crack in the dam?

Because... people have a right in America to change their mind. Why don't you get it... rec use will not change the mind of a radical... plain fact. What changed my mind was the fact the medicine given to me was making me sick and MMJ changed that.

Sorry but I look at it totally different than you. Why do people in this nation drink??? Majority do it to relax... others take meds to relax... I see it not as people pulling the wool over peoples eyes but as preventive medicine in order for them to use a plant that can have the same effect as presciption drugs or alcohol.

Sorry if you do not see it that way.

Back
Top Bottom