Legitimate LED dealers or no?

Thawk

Hey guys,
Ok so here is my dilemma, I already have some LEDs from sunshine systems I am verging with, they are fantastic and I would highly highly recommend them, however, they are very expensive so I have been looking for somewhere else to buy my next led from. I want atleast 240 watts in this LED, needs to be for flowering, and don't wanna spend a whole bunch of money... Ive narrowed it down to a couple options, the lighthouse blackstar 240w and the hydroponics hut pg-250. The hydroponics one is more expensive but also has a better warranty and is switchable, when I asked Vic over at Gotham hydro about the pg-250(his competitor) he said that hydroponics hut actually stole the specs for the LEDs from them about 10 months ago when he called them asking all sorts of questions and that he has very poor customer service.

So guys I'm wondering what you think I should do, I'm going to buy one or the other, unless another good option is introduced, I just don't know which... Help me?

Hey guys,
Ok so here is my dilemma, I already have some LEDs from sunshine systems I am verging with, they are fantastic and I would highly highly recommend them, however, they are very expensive so I have been looking for somewhere else to buy my next led from. I want atleast 240 watts in this LED, needs to be for flowering, and don't wanna spend a whole bunch of money... Ive narrowed it down to a couple options, the lighthouse blackstar 240w and the hydroponics hut pg-250. The hydroponics one is more expensive but also has a better warranty and is switchable, when I asked Vic over at Gotham hydro about the pg-250(his competitor) he said that hydroponics hut actually stole the specs for the LEDs from them about 10 months ago when he called them asking all sorts of questions and that he has very poor customer service.

So guys I'm wondering what you think I should do, I'm going to buy one or the other, unless another good option is introduced, I just don't know which... Help me?

As a manufacturer, I think there are some parameters you should pay attention to like PAR values at different height, LED chip brand, certain wavelength of red and blue, the way to change or adjust the light, warranty all of which affect the final price badly, so you'd better do some comparison.

My experience with hydrohut after the sale is totally negative.IMHO, avoid them if at all possible.

I have 2 full grows under my belt with a Sunshine Systems UFO 90. Considering twice my UFO power supplies blew and twice they replaced them, I am of the opinion that service after the sale is important.

Now that said, Sunshine is not yet offering 3 watt lights. After a lot of research I think Mike (now Spectra LED) who is a sponsor of 420 has the formula down, and his prices are comparable to one watt lights. Most likely he will get my next purchase, which could be soon.

I am a total noob when it comes to LED lights, as I've only read specs/reviews/journals but, from what I've read and searched as far as price and customer service, I have to agree with PetFlora, that dude; Mike is definitely gonna get at least 5 large from me quite soon. :)

Best of luck on your LED purchase! I hope all turns out well and you have fat stinky buds to show for it. :)

I have LEDs from both GLH and Advanced LEDs. Both are sponsors and both lights seem to be doing very well. I did a full grow with an Advanced 180 w and manage to pull a QP out of it. I now have 2 of GLHs 300s in flower and they are producing beasts (I may have to do some pruning, they are too thick to LST or scrog at this point and very bushy).

So those would be my two recs, either GLH or Advanced. Read the other forums about a "manufacturer" before ordering. There is much info out there, so before you spend your hard earned money, do the research.

Bass Addict, avoid the 1w led's, no penetration. even with good angle, still not enough energy going through the growth. good for veg growth only really. I've been researching these lights for some time now. If i were spending my money, I'd talk to Advanced LED and GLH. but you will find the price on their 600W leds are probably 3 times what you are considering. You 'd be better off with one of advanced led's 360W, (it's still 1k) go read up on them and find Stevehman's grow thread. he is using them right now (300W GLH). Their link is LED Grow Lights - Best New LED Grow Light you will find that the really good LED's are pricy as hell still.. but if you are running them a lot they will save a lot on the electric bill also.

1watt LED Panels gave LEDs a bad name people spent big money on them and said f&^%that. I don't want you to do the same.3w Advanced LED google it. They have 11 wavelengths 2 that the human eye can't see in the ultraviolet and 2 at the other end in the infared. we can see color from 400 to 700. They have wavelenghts below 400 and above 700 check it out

Nope, not saying they aren't out there though. The best lights it seems are from companies that use USA made HG leds and they are either assembled here or the parts are sold from here and that is why the cost is up. But when i pull the pin and go for it in a month or so, they will be either Advanced LED or Mike from GrowLED, unless some other company spits out something awesome. Magnum 357 is supposed to be really good also, but there is really no info on them, Just one grow that i followed a while back. They were pretty impressive as well. But -------- and some others have run the piss outta GrowLED and Advanced and had just great things to say, so that is a big + for them.

It's almost a crap shoot on LED's still. There are some really good high power units but they are a lot per watt still and many more that, depending on what a person is doing exactly in there grow could be adequate. I think in broader terms, probably something not less that 24" in total height, but for a sog /scrog grow could be quite adequate that way and then more intense angle 1w leds would probably do a good job, 90 degree or 60 degree but those angles infer less coverage but better penetration. I don't think the prices will come down for another year, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom