Lemon OG Haze Autoflower - Coco Loco - CFL/Mars Hydro LED - 4th Grow - Paintedbudman

paintedbudman

This is my 4th grow journal. I have chosen to grow Lemon OG Haze Autoflower from Nirvana. I started my seeds a week ago. Germinated using the paper towel method. Planted the sprouts directly in 5 gallon cloth pots and placed these under ~400 watts of cfl lighting. I plan to use this to veg the plants until my grow chamber opens up in about 3 weeks. At that point they will be under a mars hydro reflector 192 for the remainder of the grow. I am using fox farms coco loco grow medium and the fox farms nutrients for this grow. The little seedlings are growing well and I will get pictures in the morning. :circle-of-love:

Re: Lemon OG Haze Autoflow In Coco Loco CFL and mars hydro LED - 4th Grow - Paintedbu

As promised a couple of pics of the new set of girls, 4th grow, new LEDs, first sativa dominant strain. Should be interesting!!! :cheer:

20160703_070702.jpg

20160703_070718.jpg

Re: Lemon OG Haze Autoflower - Coco Loco - CFL/Mars Hydro LED - 4th Grow - Paintedbud

A very brief pictorial update. My girls are one day shy of two weeks old (13 days from in the paper towel). The Lemon OG Haze have added leaves and are growing well. Two of the seeds had damaged or deformed first leaves after the dicot leaves. They seem to be growing fine now but are a few days behind in development. I've got pictures of these under my CFL veg area. I also included a picture of a reveg of one of my blue mystics. This is 3 weeks after reveg (this was 10 weeks from seed and 4 weeks after I changed to 12/12, was flushing and broke a branch off). I was concerned it still looked pitiful after 2 weeks, but now is coming back. The leaves are greening and i see some indications of new growth ..... just an experiment but one I'll keep updated on this grow journal.

20160709_094305.jpg

20160709_094317.jpg

20160709_094332.jpg

20160709_094339.jpg

20160709_094346.jpg

20160709_094206.jpg

Re: Lemon OG Haze Autoflower - Coco Loco - CFL/Mars Hydro LED - 4th Grow - Paintedbud

Looking good!

Looks like you added perlite to your coco loco mix? Do you find it doesn't drain quickly enough with straight coco?

Adding nutes yet? I just started at 2 weeks (from seedlings breaking ground).

Butternuts, I am using COco-Loco from fox farms. It comes with perlite and some organics like worm castings , and such already mixed in. What I have found is that as you rinse the coco-loco the perlite comes to the surface and makes it look like there is way more in the mix than there really is. Before I started I rinsed the coco-loco thouroughly with pH adjusted water. Checked the effluent pH and the tds numbers. Then finally ran agallon of 1/4 strength nutes through the coco-loco. I just started adding some very weak nutes with the very small amounts of water I added right at the seedlings base (~1/8th strength). There is still a lot of water in the fabric pot but there isn't much at the surface, so I give a little surface water every couple of days while the root system is developing. Once I feel the plants have gotten a large enough root system I revert to at most watering twice a week, letting the pots loose water until the pot feels light, then water to saturation plus a bit. At about 3 weeks I start to really feed the girls, but still not as much as the directions suggest .... maybe 1/4 to 1/2 strength. Remember fertilizer manufacturers are out to make money and will suggest the highest levels that they don't feel will hurt your plants not necessarily what is optimum in order to maximize their profits. Gotta go, lunch is waitng. I may add to this after I get back. TTFN

The leaves are finally greening up on her and I am sure there is some new growth and the pistols are disappearing. I'll get a picture this weekend when I get all the girls pictures: this grow, my current flowering buds, and my reveg. She is starting to look healthy again!!!:yummy:

The four new girls are growing nicely. They are 3weeks old today. No sexual characteristics that I can see yet but any day now. I fed them for the first time last night on half strength nutes (general hydroponics i think, trying a different set of nutes this time. We will see how they do.

The reveg is going well. I see new growth and she looks healthy. Looking forward to see her bush out.

20160716_093824.jpg

20160716_093844.jpg

20160716_093853.jpg

20160716_093859.jpg

20160716_094711.jpg

The girls are 4 weeks old today. I fed and watered them this morning. They have been growing like mad for the past week. My previous grow is now out of the grow chamber and these have been transferred into it for the remainder of the grow. I am starting out using the "grow" switch on the mars hydro reflector 192 LED for the first few days to see how things go. After that if I see no light stress I will add the "flower" light switch to it. I have pictures of the new plants in the grow chamber. I am using small tomato cages to give me something to tie my girls to and keep them from falling. The last grow several of what where the best colas fell over when moving things around and I think I lost an ounce or two from the yield. I think these will give me something to keep everything in line and give me something to attach to when training. We will see if it works well or if i scrap the idea. I have attached pictures of the girls in their new home under 4 different lighting schemes first is just the grow light on, the second is with the flower light on only, the third is both on and the last is one with cfls lighting the plants. Just wanted to see what they looked like under each of the various types of lights i'll be observing them under. :Namaste:

20160724_135727.jpg

20160724_135739.jpg

20160724_135748.jpg

20160724_135804.jpg

First the blue mystic reveg. Still under the CFLs but growing well. It is got some odd growth to it as it reverts to vegetative growth some of the leaves only have 1 finger and no serration several have three fingers again no seration to the leaves and some just plain deformed but it is bushing out and looking good (see below).

The lemon sisters are 4.5 weeks old and seem to love their new home. Look at the difference in the growth under the new lights between my post of sunday and today,that's only a little over 3 days between the pictures (see both pictures below). So far everything looks great. I'm really looking forward to this one. High yield high THC supposedly sativa dominant..... mmmmm mmmmm good.

20160725_181209.jpg

20160727_195816.jpg

20160724_135727.jpg

Growing like mad. so far no issues. Watered them last night. The leaves look a smidge droopy this morning, but give em time.

My reveg has been repotted in a 5 gallon fabric pot. It is growing but a bit weird, most of the new growth are single leaf like the first after the dicot leaves when the seed grows first sprouts. Not sure where she is going but hey, should be an interesting ride. I'll try to post a photo later, currently my phone is charging and i can't do a thing with it.:volcano-smiley:

20160730_224911.jpg
20160730_224842.jpg

As promised a picture of my reveg Blue mystic. For a while there all of the new leaves had only one finger. Then they started coming out normally. Sort of like when the plant is young .... first set of "true" leaves are one finger, then as it grows more fingers per leaf until you get a bunch (I would say seven but I've seen as many as 11 in just the first few grows I've done). Maybe the entire biological clock gets reset to zero like it is just after germination so it has to go through all of the steps to get to where you get normal goods vegetative growth. Anyone out there have any observations, comments, or information???? If so put it down, I'd love to hear it. Always looking for good growing information!!!:thumb:

20160801_080240.jpg

Thanks Spitz, I don't have any room in the grow chamber right now, but I think I may try just vegging her out for a while and practice my training techniques on her. That way I don't interrupt my current crop. Speaking of which, the Lemon OG Haze Autoflowers are 6 weeks old today and are growing like mad. They are from ~14" to 18" tall. One appears to be a little faster than the others, but no problems so far. I fed them today, should see some phenomenal bud growth over the next few weeks from what I have read. They are starting to smell ... just a bit, looking forward to that lemon skunky smell i have read about. Well here is a current photo of the 2016 lemon sisters.:cheer:

20160807_083343.jpg

Thanks Dirt, appreciate the input. I'm still a big newbie at this. Only my 4th grow, and all the info I have gotten has been through the internet because none of the people I know grow anything and only a couple smoke so I've had to do it all :thanks:with help from folks like you ... giving good info and almost more important keeping me motivated. Thanks!

Thanks SmokeSara. I appreciate the compliment!!!

I recently upgraded from CFL lighting to a Mars Hydro Reflector 192 LED light and my girls appear to be loving it. But the proof will be in the quality and quantity of the smoke I get at the end of the grow.

I do have one question concerning the Mars-Hydro unit I am using. Can you give any guidance on how and when to use the various combinations of the growth/flower switches. When should you use just growth, and when just flower or maybe when do you use both? I looked around and I don't see anyone giving me an answer to this anywhere on the internet. Thanks in advance!! :thanks:

These pictures are from the last stages of my previous grow. I only had the LEDs on them for a couple of weeks before I cut the girls down. I've had the LEDs on these plants since I moved them into the grow chamber at 4 weeks old.

20160701_163015.jpg

20160701_163031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom