Lemon Skunk First Grow + Poor Man's Grow

Re: Motionmans lemon skunk first grow + poor mans grow

That sounds like a good plan. You are taking a lot away from that fan by having it right up against the reflective stuff.

Yea i realised that last night and i was like ok are cut two tiny holes, then the holes turned into about 4 inches gap behind the fan, this then with the fan on was sucking too much air in making too much noise so this morning i took the fan down patched the holes up and placed it free in the space, it is more effective now.

IMAG01914.jpg

The soil good a good soak this morning and the fan seems to be keeping it moist.

That's how it is with anything bro. Most mechanics don't start out with all the tools first. You start with a couple wrenches, but after awhile you end up with more and more tools. You start figuring out that you need certain tools for certain jobs. Then one day you have a whole shop!

I don't know where that came from. This purple diesel sure brings some rambling out of me! :ganjamon:

HA HA brilliant! thats so true though! it is growing but i have to keep a limit on things.i just want a small grow to keep me busy and happy. Nothing more.

Update!

Hi all i am having more problems again but things are not going very well they are all yellowing. I have changed one of the bulbs to a lower watt to try and help the drying earth problem, the earth is drying to quick and i have to water again.

the soil is dry on the surface and underneath is not much better its not dry but not moist, does that make sense?

In one of the seedlings their is a tint of a red or pink its hard to see but it's their.

The fan has been on all day as well i thought this would help but is it?

Really need help on this guys their in a state of shock and this is not helping the growth.

Also last night i gave them 12 hours roughly of darkness with no fan etc.

IMAG0194_1.jpg

IMAG01965.jpg

Peace out all and thanks to everyones help so far, my plants would be a lot worse without ur knowledge!

Hmmm I ran into this problem a few times before and I have it again now. What type of soil do you have and does it have any nutes at all? If it has nutes then your plants have nute burn and you need to get some new soil asap!! I don't know if you have fox farm over there or not but I'd look into getting that or something organic if its a soil problem that is. Also make sure the soil doesn't completely dry out, keep it moist without over watering it, if you just watered it and it drys out try using a spray bottle and spray the soil and the plants

And don't worry to much about the yellowing of the cotyledons they are there to provide food for your seedling and sometimes they die off, mine died off in a week on both my lemon skunk plants

Is your water at the proper PH balance of 6.5 - 6.8 also what is the run off from the soil? Try and keep the fan running as much as you can so the air doesn't get stale.

What is the wattage of the bulb you are using? you want as many lumens as you can so something like a 26watt bulb is best.

Hang in there bro!!! It all takes time and these plants are strong and will pull through!!! Keep us updated on there condition!

Hey motionman...Yah right now is a veary fragile time.I would not worry so much about the pre leaves.These will yellow and fall off.And with your first few new leaves they may yellow and slightly crisp do to the nutrients in the soil.All looks good to me.You may want to cover with some type of humidity dome to keep them moist along with a squirt bottle.At this stage the aquire a little attention until there a little more developed.The lights of at this stage should not hurt any thing.After first few leaves they will start the veg cycle then I would keep my lights on for14-18hrs.
PS it the problem continues and worsens with new growth your soil may be to hot and I would mix half and half with a starter soil or a little handfull of something from outside maybe.Also at this stage I use mineral water.But things looking pretty normal all new growth should be good.

Thanks man!

Well the soil is for seedlings so it should be fine, i think it is a soil moisture problem i soaked it last night and left the lights on all today and came home and they were dry again with the fan on as well. So my plan is to put the fan on a timer and have the two lights going one with the 100w and the other i cant think of but its a lot more gentle with less heat less light, i think its 18watt energy.

I will ph water tomorrow, as i want to get to the bottom of this. The ph in soil was fine though.

So too much heat, too dry soil is my idea of what is going wrong, i have also raised the 100watt light, and i use a spray to water anyway.

Peace tnoldon! may your plants produce tons! ha ha :ganjamon:

Hey motionman...Yah right now is a veary fragile time.I would not worry so much about the pre leaves.These will yellow and fall off.And with your first few new leaves they may yellow and slightly crisp do to the nutrients in the soil.All looks good to me.You may want to cover with some type of humidity dome to keep them moist along with a squirt bottle.At this stage the aquire a little attention until there a little more developed.The lights of at this stage should not hurt any thing.After first few leaves they will start the veg cycle then I would keep my lights on for14-18hrs.
PS it the problem continues and worsens with new growth your soil may be to hot and I would mix half and half with a starter soil or a little handfull of something from outside maybe.Also at this stage I use mineral water.But things looking pretty normal all new growth should be good.

Yea i think i have been a little stupid the past few days, thinking that their tough when really they cant take a lot! But who am i to think that, i need to know what they can and cant, This is where the advice comes in!

I really think that is is the soil being too dry so we shall see i will be able to give them more care over the next few days, along with raising the lights and other things i hope they will be able to get on with the more important part!

Cheers thanks for hanging in with this grow!:rollit::thanks:

Yea i think i have been a little stupid the past few days, thinking that their tough when really they cant take a lot! But who am i to think that, i need to know what they can and cant, This is where the advice comes in!

I really think that is is the soil being too dry so we shall see i will be able to give them more care over the next few days, along with raising the lights and other things i hope they will be able to get on with the more important part!

Cheers thanks for hanging in with this grow!:rollit::thanks:
Also not sure if you have city or treated water but if you do you half to let your water sit out so the clorine will evap.And also when purchasing lights you want a mix of soft2700 and blue 6400 for best growth.Your seedling is about ready to kick into overdrive I would start flower almost emediatly given the amount of space.Maybe 6 inches.For best results you will also need to circulate fresh air in and out of your grow box.Right now fan is not important but plants breath in co2 and breath out o2 and as they get bigger the cab will have to much 02 and it needs to be circulated out of the grow box.Drooling over your babys is a plus they like the exhaled co2.And its free:ganjamon:

ha ha drooling! ive been doing that anyway! thanks for the advice though, the fans now on a timer for every other hour in the day and off at night as with the lights, i will start this from tonight!

The draw is right next to the window that is permanently open a few mil. i will have to sort something else out though, thanks for the heads up! hows your grow going?

ha ha drooling! ive been doing that anyway! thanks for the advice though, the fans now on a timer for every other hour in the day and off at night as with the lights, i will start this from tonight!

The draw is right next to the window that is permanently open a few mil. i will have to sort something else out though, thanks for the heads up! hows your grow going?

I think I keeping her happy.I over fed a little when switching to flower.Still learning this hydro does not take much to overdue.But I think I have the feel of these nutes and things are still going pretty smooth.Have popcorn buds popping out all over cross my fingers and hope they turn into big popcorn lol...thanx for asking.:peace:

HA ha nice man nice!

I did check your thread earlier today but no update so i though i would ask, glad to hear it's going well! ideal!

What nutes are you using??

I agree with most of what Turttle says..But I think the fan is very important, it isn't so much the oxygen you need if for, but it is to make sure the air doesn't get stale because if that happens you'll have problems. The fan also helps the plants grow strong stems by putting a steady breeze on your plants the stems will get stronger and be able to hold the plant up much better then if you didn't have a fan. So I think you should keep it but thats just me.

HA ha nice man nice!

I did check your thread earlier today but no update so i though i would ask, glad to hear it's going well! ideal!

What nutes are you using??

I am using Fox Farm.Its a pretty simple nute to use I find it best just go by the feeding chart @ 1/4 of the recomended feeding schedule.For potted plants I also go by 1/4 but instead of every other watering I maybe go 2 waterings of every other watering depending on strain and reaction.:peace:

The fan is on every other hour right now but will change it later to every other hour through the day time.

cheers dude! peace!

I agree with most of what Turttle says..But I think the fan is very important, it isn't so much the oxygen you need if for, but it is to make sure the air doesn't get stale because if that happens you'll have problems. The fan also helps the plants grow strong stems by putting a steady breeze on your plants the stems will get stronger and be able to hold the plant up much better then if you didn't have a fan. So I think you should keep it but thats just me.

Hm.Good point I wonder why they dont pute fans in a propagation dome?lol I am just kidding with you.Yes fan is important but right now its about establishing a root system.moisture and heat to encourage root growth.Then we use the fan when the roots are able to hold her self up.Wouldnt you agree tnoldon?But I can understand your point to keep things circulated:peace:

Hm.Good point I wonder why they dont pute fans in a propagation dome?lol I am just kidding with you.Yes fan is important but right now its about establishing a root system.moisture and heat to encourage root growth.Then we use the fan when the roots are able to hold her self up.Wouldnt you agree tnoldon?But I can understand your point to keep things circulated:peace:

Yes I do agree and you make a good point :). I've been checking out your grow and I can tell you know a bunch more then I do lol, I would defiantly like you to stop by my journal sometime and let me know what you think! :ganjamon:

Again i agree, it is difficult however to meet both half way, i have the problem of too much heat drying soil, so it is necessary to shift the humidity out and try and keep it going. Either way i want to keep the earth moist.

Again i agree, it is difficult however to meet both half way, i have the problem of too much heat drying soil, so it is necessary to shift the humidity out and try and keep it going. Either way i want to keep the earth moist.

Hey Motionman! How's things across the pond?

What temp is the grow room? I'm not sure why you're having this heat problem.

When my girls sprouted, from the first day, I had a 26W 6500 cfl with a reflector no more than 3 inches from them. They loved it.

I'm doing a hempy grow so the babies were in mini-hempies, but I was watering them a lot. You want to keep the soil moist all the time when they're so little. Give them a good soaking every day, more if needed.

Unless your grow room is extremely warm for some other reason, the lights are not your problem. I'd bet 99% you're not watering enough. They're defintely too small to be feeding.

Good luck brother. I'm pulling for you.

Hey blue dog things arent going so well, the one that has been a little weak died and the others are now having the same problem yellowing from the leaf upwards i dont know what to do, the heat is not a problem now but i do think their is a soil issue i may change the soil over just to start a fresh, or get some new stuff altogether. i dont know if i should update the soil a step. NEED HELP! ha ha.

Hey blue dog things arent going so well, the one that has been a little weak died and the others are now having the same problem yellowing from the leaf upwards i dont know what to do, the heat is not a problem now but i do think their is a soil issue i may change the soil over just to start a fresh, or get some new stuff altogether. i dont know if i should update the soil a step. NEED HELP! ha ha.

Soil is tricky if you don't know what's in it, for sure. If there are nutes in it there's a real good chance that's what's killing your girls, although letting them dry out too much could be doing it too.

It's frustrating but don't give up. We live and learn. I nuked/killed several plants in my first grow. Luckily I started out with a bunch or I'd have been right where you are.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom