Lemon Skunk First Grow + Poor Man's Grow

Re: Motionmans lemon skunk first grow + poor mans grow

Like Blue said don't give up bro and yeah soil and growing can be frustrating, most all of us new growers went through it and had a few casualtys. I killed my first 3 plants lol. Make sure you try and get organic soil with no nutes at all! And this will help your problem and also keep them moist but not soaking wet. Thugs will turn around for you bro don't give up!

-Update-

Ok so thought that enough was enough yesterday and needed to sort this out!

So after my PH tester was a load of rubbish i went to the local grow shop and they gave me a load of advice as well.

I got a new ph tester, it is much more reliable and works with a liquid ph tester. I found that my water is a really high 8.5 i also found that i can lower the ph to 5.5 easily with baking soda wether this is a good idea i dont know!

At the shop i showed the guy some photos and he had a look and sed that it was most probably loss of humidity so he recommended some domes but also sed a coke bottle or equivalent works just as well.

So the bottles are in place, the two other seeds are also in new pots with domes. And fan off!

The guy also sed that i should keep notes like a diary to help keep track of what i do?
Do you guys do this?

I also bought some seedling nutes (formulex), that i have dropped a very very diluted mix around the stems of two plants.

I hope this helps them, as the guy also stated its not the soil even though i wanted to buy some.

Are keep you posted with any more changes!

Peace all! have a good weekend!!!

So we shall see

Buddy don't use baking soda, it's sodium bicarbonate and will increase the salts in your soil. Go to a pet store fish section and buy an acid-based ph down, mine uses sulphuric acid.

Also don't worry about using tap water right away. Chlorine will kill fish but plants need it, and it will also help kill any algae on the surface of your medium.

Hang in there and good luck!

Update

Hear is my problem:

IMAG02043.jpg

Temps:

IMAG02065.jpg

What it looks like now
IMAG02054.jpg

I really dont know what will happen in the next few days it will be interesting to see if they can pull through!

Hi all

Needing some more advice if i balance my water with nutes is this good or not? I managed to get the ph to 6.5 this is still high but better i mixed this in a sprayer and it does say i can spray seedlings once a week. I used three drops in a pint and a bit. And it got the ph down so what do you guys think?

The plants arent looking great and i need them to get better.

Thanks all any advice is appreciated.

Buddy if your plants look great don't try anything fancy with them, just keep doing what you're doing.

Everytime I thought they looked good but I'd just try and help them out a little, disaster was just around the corner. Tread very lightly!

I would recomend poking holes in your humidity domes.You want just the right amount of oxygen and water @ about 80 dagrees.To much water can cause root rot.As for your ph you should be fine.I am not sure but most good soil is phed all ready.You should be safe 6.5-7.0 run off should be around 6.3-6.5 give or take but as long as its constant ph flux can give you problems.Be patient some times they take a little while to kick in @ this stage.You just want them damp not flooded.:goodjob:

My plants dont look great though, their very yellow and look like they are giving up.

i dont know what to do, their is severe yellowing and nothing seems to help

I would recomend poking holes in your humidity domes.You want just the right amount of oxygen and water @ about 80 dagrees.To much water can cause root rot.As for your ph you should be fine.I am not sure but most good soil is phed all ready.You should be safe 6.5-7.0 run off should be around 6.3-6.5 give or take but as long as its constant ph flux can give you problems.Be patient some times they take a little while to kick in @ this stage.You just want them damp not flooded.:goodjob:

Thanks i didn't see your reply their! and ok i will put some holes in now. And it does seem to be taking a long time, maybe i am inpatient! but the other plants i have in the same place are doing just fine it is odd either way. Thanks for the advice!

peace

My plants dont look great though, their very yellow and look like they are giving up.

i dont know what to do, their is severe yellowing and nothing seems to help

Don't worry so much bro these plants are very strong. Take it from me, my plants went through hell! I did everything wrong I even literally put on drop of MG nuts on my plant...and she looked almost dead, and now she is huge!

I know its hard not to worry when you first start growing, but you have a lot of great people on here to help you get your plant to the next stage. Trust peoples advice and learn from your mistakes and it will all turn out just fine :slide:

Keep it up bro! If you have any questions at all I'll do my best to answer them

Hey dudes!

Thanks again for your advice it is well appreciated! i may move the big pot out today and get four smaller ones just to make more room until needed.

Let you know how it goes!

Hi all just re potted and they are in fox farm light soil! whoo!

Apparently i have alos not been feeding enough so stepping up the feeding procedure!

Good luck bro can't go wrong with foxfarm!! I swear by that stuff! Keep us posted

Oh! if it makes you fell better, I found out today my oldest lemon skunk, which is small compared to the rest by a lot!! She is actually 54 days old!!!! its my little bonsai pot plant lol so it takes patients and sometimes they don't grow to fast, especially if you messed up like me haha. So you my friend are doing great!

IMAG02212.jpg

Ok this is a small update.

I have lost a total of two plants of late and they all died the same way. I think it was a mix of two much water and maybe a late nute dose was what finished them off. I have been diluting the nutes to one drop to one water of pint i then use like 0.5ml to water the plants and maybe a spray or two now and again. The domes have helped one plant really well and it seems to be pulling through.

Another looks like it is dieing again! ha ha.

I have an idea that it might be the seeds and that their just plain rubbish!

Ive been doing some research and looked at auto flowering plants to keep them short but what i really want is the easiest seed to grow:

My research comes down to two choices: 1: white widow F.D
2: northern lights

I know afgan is another but they dont come into my budget. any other suggestions are well appreciated.

All and any advice is great! Peace!

Back
Top Bottom