So I figured I could cheap out and just use some field dirt to sprout a couple seeds. Soaked the seeds and watered the dirt in preparation, next day I planted the seeds in the soft moist sandy soil and 2 days later I had 2 little green sprouts popping up. By the next day the soil looked quite dry so I gave them a little drink only to find out that the soil had turned to hardpan and the water washed soil down over the sprouts...they did not make it. Luckily they were free seeds so no out of pocket expenses lost but still, totally bummed. So now I must find some good potting soil to sprout my last 2 seeds. I am a first time grower and have a wonderful plant going that I grew from these seeds but I just put her into flower and need to get some sprouts going so they are ready to flower by the time she is done. If I can get my timing and quantities down I am hoping to have a perpetual grow going for my personal use.