Lets get it Started - Get it started in Here! - Help needed - As well as Advice

karbzkush

HEY GUYS
I WILL BE POSTING UP A THREAD SOON BUT AT THE MO JUST NEED SOME HELP.

TODAY 1/10/12 GERMINATED 3 SEEDS, 2 STRAWBERRY SOUR DIESELS(DEVILS HARVEST) AND 1 RP OG KUSH.

I HAVE USED THE PAPER TOWEL METHOD AND ITS STORED CURRENTLY IN A PLACE WHERE TEMPS ARE BETWEEN 20-24C

Now the question????? ONCE THEY SPROUT I WILL BE PUTTING THEM INTO JIFFY PLUGS THEN INTO A PROPAGATOR, NOW DO I PUT THEM UNDER MY GROW LIGHT STRAIGHT AWAY (250MH) OR THE PROPAGATOR IN A DARK WARM PLACE TILL I SEE IT COME INTO LIFE, THEN UNDER THE 250GROW LIGHT

SADLY THE WEATHER IN U.K ITS NOT AMAZING AT THE MOMENT AND ITS QUITE COLD TEMPS DOWN TO 17/18C SO DONT WANT THE SEEDLINGS TO DIE... IS IT ADVISABLE TO PUT THEM STRAIGHT INTO THE 18/6 CYCLE??? OR WAIT TILL I SEE 2/3 NODES ON THE YOUNGEN..

P.S HEARD SOME GOOD THINGS ABT THE STRAWBERRY SOUR DIESEL THATS ITS DARN TASTY CANT WAIT(ORIGINAL KUSHMAN STRAWBERRY COUGH X EAST COAST DIESEL), OG KUSH NEEDS NO INTRODUCTION :thumb:

if they have already sprouted they need light right away or they will die within 2-3 days.
So plant ur seed turn on ur MH light *which is a good choice to veggie with* . Start the lighting on 18/6 right away. Also keep ur MH light a few inches away from the top of the plant (I usually keep the light about 8-10inches away), as this will help growth and stop stretching.

Next time Id suggest not to germinate unless u like the extra work , as just barely putting ur seed in the wet soil will do the same as a paper towel or whatever else method. And you dont have to worry about damaging ur seedling because u r moving it from paper towel or whatever to soil . And you can start out with ur main pot , dont do like some of these guys say start with small pots and then transplant another extra duty and task that could damage ur plant if not done correctly.

hi tk86high
i mean sprouted as in the white tip at the end of the seed, shall i put it straight into the jiffy pellet into propagator and straight into 18/6 cycle??? or wait till i see any signs of life???
+i have a small grow tent with all the light set-up on pulleys and i will put them 8/inches away from the propagator.

P.S thanks for the lighting turbo fast reply

Yup just be careful when planting it . And barely plant it above the surface , 1inch is perfect . And good job and reading up before starting as it seems u have everything in order in terms of things important to growing . Pulleys 250w mh to start with just don't over think it when they start growing as over watering and over nutrients as them 2 common mistakes usually first timers make. The soil has enough nutrients for the next 3-4 weeks of growth . Just keep that in mind.

HEY GUYS
I WILL BE POSTING UP A THREAD SOON BUT AT THE MO JUST NEED SOME HELP.

TODAY 1/10/12 GERMINATED 3 SEEDS, 2 STRAWBERRY SOUR DIESELS(DEVILS HARVEST) AND 1 RP OG KUSH.

I HAVE USED THE PAPER TOWEL METHOD AND ITS STORED CURRENTLY IN A PLACE WHERE TEMPS ARE BETWEEN 20-24C

Now the question????? ONCE THEY SPROUT I WILL BE PUTTING THEM INTO JIFFY PLUGS THEN INTO A PROPAGATOR, NOW DO I PUT THEM UNDER MY GROW LIGHT STRAIGHT AWAY (250MH) OR THE PROPAGATOR IN A DARK WARM PLACE TILL I SEE IT COME INTO LIFE, THEN UNDER THE 250GROW LIGHT

SADLY THE WEATHER IN U.K ITS NOT AMAZING AT THE MOMENT AND ITS QUITE COLD TEMPS DOWN TO 17/18C SO DONT WANT THE SEEDLINGS TO DIE... IS IT ADVISABLE TO PUT THEM STRAIGHT INTO THE 18/6 CYCLE??? OR WAIT TILL I SEE 2/3 NODES ON THE YOUNGEN..

P.S HEARD SOME GOOD THINGS ABT THE STRAWBERRY SOUR DIESEL THATS ITS DARN TASTY CANT WAIT(ORIGINAL KUSHMAN STRAWBERRY COUGH X EAST COAST DIESEL), OG KUSH NEEDS NO INTRODUCTION :thumb:

You could have germinated directly in the jiffy plugs. That's what they are for... the less you touch, move, transplant or otherwise mess with seedlings, the better. It is super easy to knock a root off, breaking it and killing the sprout. The less transplanting the better too. Every time we do anything to the plant, we introduce a shock to their system. This sets the clock back a week or two... I'd check the heat from that MH and move the reflector way up. The intense light is dangerous. Yes, 18/6 is "OK". In nature, 15 hours of light is about the most one finds, unless your at the poles...
I wouldn't get that MH that close (8") to the fragile seedlings

You could have germinated directly in the jiffy plugs. That's what they are for... the less you touch, move, transplant or otherwise mess with seedlings, the better. It is super easy to knock a root off, breaking it and killing the sprout. The less transplanting the better too. Every time we do anything to the plant, we introduce a shock to their system. This sets the clock back a week or two... I'd check the heat from that MH and move the reflector way up. The intense light is dangerous. Yes, 18/6 is "OK". In nature, 15 hours of light is about the most one finds, unless your at the poles...

ok so how close should the light be???

is between 10inches and 15inches ok? or go for 20inches?
and ye how would i water the seeding in the jiffy plug via spray or droplets?? i will moisten the plug before putting the seedling in then under the light, im sure the light will get it dry by a day or so, so how to water without stressing it?

I would have to respectfully disagree with your statements.

1. what you r saying about the transplanting and setting you back a week or 2 is completely incorrect information.
As long as the plant has a descent roots then you can even cut up to 30% of the main root ball and ur plant will still grow normally I myself have done this before transplanted 5 times in 1 month and my plant really loved it. As if you understood the science be hide it then maybe you would get it. When the root system is disturbed it kicks up the speed of growing to make up for the roots that were cut.

Check with other known growers this information , some people even transplant just to make the plant grow quicker , as long as the damage is under 30%.

2.Intense light is what the plant needs, do u think the sun is less intense? if you can put ur hand directly underneath the light for a few mins and not get it too hot then u r fine. Just make sure there is a fan blowing on the top of the plant or part where it sprouts. I would suggest 12inches the first week , then go to around 8-9 inches.

I have a plant that just germed last week. The "true leaves" look good but the cotyledon leaves, 1 of them has a tiny brown spot at the tip. & both the cotyledon leaves are a lil yellowish around the edges. True leaves are GREEN. Dont know whats wrong

I would have to respectfully disagree with your statements.

1. what you r saying about the transplanting and setting you back a week or 2 is completely incorrect information.
As long as the plant has a descent roots then you can even cut up to 30% of the main root ball and ur plant will still grow normally I myself have done this before transplanted 5 times in 1 month and my plant really loved it. As if you understood the science be hide it then maybe you would get it. When the root system is disturbed it kicks up the speed of growing to make up for the roots that were cut.

Check with other known growers this information , some people even transplant just to make the plant grow quicker , as long as the damage is under 30%.

2.Intense light is what the plant needs, do u think the sun is less intense? if you can put ur hand directly underneath the light for a few mins and not get it too hot then u r fine. Just make sure there is a fan blowing on the top of the plant or part where it sprouts. I would suggest 12inches the first week , then go to around 8-9 inches.

TK, you ought to read what someone writes before you criticize. Also, spell check isn't a bad thing either. Not gonna' get into a pissing match with you; what I write is my opinion. And I suppose that you are a "known grower"... LMAO

TK, you ought to read what someone writes before you criticize. Also, spell check isn't a bad thing either. Not gonna' get into a pissing match with you; what I write is my opinion. And I suppose that you are a "known grower"... LMAO

Im sorry u feel offended or criticized by my statement, this was not my intentions. But Im speaking from my knowledge of personally trying both of the things. Unlike some people I speak only of what I have tried before and know of , not by guessing or reading some posts . Also I dont see what spell check has to do with anything guess thats the only mistake u could find in my statements LOL.

Hi guys. thanks for all the comments, please no arguments i understand alot of people have different views, i have taken both of yours as valuable idea's so thank you for that.
update: just checked the seeds they have not yet cracked well just very slightly the white tip has not come out.
quick question on watering, after i put the cracked seed into jiffy pellets how should i water them via spray? or just drops into the jiffy pellets? this ones a hard one????????

Quick update:

Seeds sprouted, OGkush had a long white sprout, while as the two strawberry diesels ahd small tips still counts, popped them into jiffy plugs straight into a propagator, under a 250MH started 18/6 cycle.
How to keep the jiffy plugs hydrated??? drops of water or spray em?? also how long on average does it usually take to see some kind of growth??
Any tips for the babies to have a nice stress free healthy adolescents?? Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Back
Top Bottom