Let's Learn Autos

Topping autos may decrease your yield, because it’s on that clock, it will start to flower with what it’s got when it’s ready, best to lst them and keep them fed nice and healthy so they have a chance to bulk up
If you’re going to top an auto do it when the plant is 21 days from germination.

I've read quite a few articles on wether or not to top autos and the various ways of training them. People all seem to have their own opinions on which way to train the plants and many are for topping and many are against. For these two girls I think I will start with lst and let them grow out (hoping they get to a stage where this can happen) and I will pop 4 more beans as soon as these start flowering and from their try topping and lst and just topping

Im growing 5 autos and my fav and easier to LST manage Is the only one i topped (i did It cause she was growing weirdly otherwise i wouldnt have done It since Is my first grow and dont really know what im doing).
So i guess i will start topping all my plants

Mumps have you got a journal going? I would like to go and check how the growth of your autos is going? More to learn the better

Ya when it comes down to auto bondage I believe @InTheShed is good at them, I'm almost sure he has a short journal on how to train autos...

Thanks smeegs. I had a look at sheds post and it's definitely led me in a good direction as far as lst training (auto bondage :D) goes. I will try and simulate his technique there and see how things go.

Thanks so much for everyone popping in and giving feedback. Appreciate it. Just waiting for these girls to get to a height where things can start happening. Don't want to be too hasty. Will update some photos in a few hours.

:Namaste:

UPDATE
Day 7
So Im thinking this is good growth over the last couple of days. Girls seem to be happy and will have another feed tomorrow of the same strength nutes and we will see how things go from there.

RH is at 55most of the time
Temp is around 26 degrees celcius
And have an oscillating fan on them very lightly at the moment

White widow
IMG_20200510_001613.jpg
IMG_20200510_001601.jpg

Dark devil
IMG_20200510_001546.jpg
IMG_20200510_001536.jpg

:yummy:
:Namaste:
why does the devil curve off like that? just an oops in the seed?

why does the devil curve off like that? just an oops in the seed?

To be honest I don't actually know myself. Possibly a mistake I made when pre buffering the soil? A "lucky" seed?

But I'm guessing it's something that I did wrong

To be honest I don't actually know myself. Possibly a mistake I made when pre buffering the soil? A "lucky" seed?

But I'm guessing it's something that I did wrong
I asked because I had seeds derp off like that but It's pretty much exclusive to that leaf. I don't think it's anything we did wrong. Isn't is a cal-mag def. that can cause leaves to twist and bed?

@CagedApe have you got a journal for this auto grow? I would be very keen to follow it along?

Thanks for that info. I actually lifted my lights yesterday because I felt like they were getting too much light. They are currently around 17000 lux now

I asked because I had seeds derp off like that but It's pretty much exclusive to that leaf. I don't think it's anything we did wrong. Isn't is a cal-mag def. that can cause leaves to twist and bed?

It's a possibility but I did pre buffer my coco with calmag nitrate. So I would hope that would not be the case? Maybe too hot?

It's a possibility but I did pre buffer my coco with calmag nitrate. So I would hope that would not be the case? Maybe too hot?
Is this outdoor? this is a shot in the dark but do you give it 18:6 on off?

Took me a bit to see what you guys were discussing, but a number of things can cause that sideways leaf curl. In seedlings like that, it could be there was a bit of membrane keeping it from forming properly, or it could be a genetic mutation.

I have a single fan leaf on one of my flowering girls atm that one blade curled sideways like that and one side is pale green, the other is dark green. Don’t quote me, but I believe they refer to it as variegation.

E614A5D1-5EBB-4A1F-A53A-422B8444B429.jpeg

Update
Day 12
Been a bit tough to spend much time in the tent this last week as getting back to work and my town is becoming quite a Corona hot spot with shops closing and people getting infected. Trying to stay as far away as possible and spending time at the business and farm as I'm nervous for my little 6 month old to catch the virus from me. Although I do hear they are not as badly affected by the disease as the elderly it still scares the shit out of me.

Anyway onto the plants....

So Im still a bit confused with the watering of these things in coco. I watered last on day 10 and the mediem is still feeling, looking wet and I'm really trying hard not to over water these girls.

They looking pretty healthy for now

Dark Devil
She's looking very squat and quite small but pushing out her 5th node now. (I think)

IMG_20200514_181535.jpg
IMG_20200514_181550.jpg

White Widow
She a bit of a bigger girl at this age and seems to be growing really nicely. Hopefully by the start of week 3 I can start training this girl with some lst

IMG_20200514_181607.jpg
IMG_20200514_181624.jpg

Hope everybody is keeping well and safe and this world can go back to normal soon.

TThanks to all the guys taking time to pop in on the journal and have a look how things are going.

:circle-of-love:

They are looking good, remember that in coco you need to feed and water at least daily. It’s almost impossible to over water with coco.

Thanks Penny do they look like they on the right sort of track for age?

After reading your post I went and fed again. I'm just nervous when the coco is damp to water. I suppose it's probably from my soil grow last time and overwatering.

With coco the more you water the more oxygen the roots get. It’s not overwatering that kills plant but a lack of fresh oxygen. Monitor ph and don’t over feed with nutes and coco is the shizzzzz

Back
Top Bottom