Let's Learn Autos

Looking forward to seeing if I can get mine to look as pretty as those girls do!

Haha thanks Mac, but I'm a complete noob at this so I'm pretty sure you will get those girls looking very similar to mine if not better. What strains did you pop if I may ask? I'm going to go check out the journal and get all caught up

Plenty of light will do a lot to increase bag appeal

Girls are under a Mars hydro Tsw2000 at the moment. They are getting 18 hours of light a day. Would this be good enough?

Haha thanks Mac, but I'm a complete noob at this so I'm pretty sure you will get those girls looking very similar to mine if not better. What strains did you pop if I may ask? I'm going to go check out the journal and get all caught up
Not much to get caught up on just yet!
Strain is a cross of cream cookies from rqs and the breeders own gorilla Ryder hybrid

Well I'm a bit late, but am here all the same! I've got 4 autos on the go right now. 1 has been heavily pruned, topped, and lst, 1 has been topped and very light defoliation,1 had lst with only and the last lived for a bit in a mason jar.

I was curious to see the different effects myself, and since this was my first grow I figured it was the best time to find out.

So far the one that was topped, heavily pruned and LST is looking mighty fine, but right behind her is the one that had only LST.

Anyhow sorry for the rant, just loved the conversation that was going on!

You've got a fine setup going on!!

LEARNING AUTOS

A bit of my growing history
So I've completed one grow recently of predominantly photos which went reasonably well. Was an amazing learning experience and I did have ok dark devil auto that actually came out as an amazing smoke. The journal for that can be found in my signature. I went through all sorts of problems from heat stress to mites and using the wrong soil which was badly made. All in all I've currently got one grow under my belt and very keen to get going on the next.

This journal...
So after not getting a very good yield off of my last dark devil auto I decided to get a couple of autos going so I could learn the ins and outs of how to grow them optimally. After the first two there Wil be probably another and then probably another... And another. I'm no pro at this at all and would love as much help as I could possibly get.

Some details...
Indoor
Coco perlite 90/10
5ish gallon pot
Each plant will have a Mars hydro reflector 48 led
Nutrients will be general hydroponics flora trio
RH of tent will be around 55
And temp is at a good 25 degrees celcius

Interesting bit....
So I let the seeds sit in a shot glass of water for about 48 hours when I saw a small taproot showing, they then went into two moist cotton pads in between to plates on top of my gaming console for a bit of heat until they looked like this

White widow​
IMG_20200429_183202.jpg

Dark Devil
IMG_20200429_183025.jpg

They have since been planted into their pots and have a make shift humidity dome over the top and awaiting some showtime.

So let's hope for a successful harvest in a few weeks time and a good grow of an auto flower.

Cheers and hope everyone's having a great weekend so far.
I’m a little late, but would like to follow if that okay? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Lookin mighty fine Rhys! They have some pretty nice bud development already should give you some nice size buds by the time it's all said and done. I noticed that my Promix plants have pretty stretched out nodes as well whereas the Dwc plants are fairly compact. Since they are all the same strain I chalk it up to the Dwc plants being under a more powerful light as the reason for the tighter nodes on them because that's the only difference between the 2.

Welcome along @Rexer and @BooWho2, there will be some more girls featuring very soon, going to pop a gg4, purple lemonade and some other friends very soon. Plenty of learning and action still to come here.

@N420 im leaning towards it being my fault with the light as well as I think I may have had the light a little to far away at the start. Was worried to stunt them with too much light. So many things can go wrong here haha but I'll get it right soon.

Just a shout out to @VIPARSPECTRA for the amazing prize shipped all the way to South Africa. The p1000 led is an amazing little light and I cannot wait to get it growing some amazing plants. Product is out of this world and I couldn't be happier.

IMG_20200610_183430.jpg
IMG_20200610_183451.jpg
IMG_20200610_183904.jpg
IMG_20200610_183909.jpg
IMG_20200610_183934.jpg

Thanks guys for an amazing sponsorship to comps

Nice light Rhys looks like a good one!

I am learning more and more about autos as my grow has progressed. I've learned you gotta hit those autos fast and hard with light to get them to grow as fast as they can but like you I was worried about stressing them out to much early on in their life.

Wow it feels like Christmas around here, thanks very much to Mars-hydro for their generous sponsorship to the 420 comp last month. @SmokeSara you guys are awesome. Especially shipping it to me here. Even got some stickers and love the addition of an external dimmer. It's amazing!! This ts1000 will hopefully see many young plants go by.
IMG_20200612_170627.jpg
IMG_20200612_170633.jpg
IMG_20200612_170644.jpg
IMG_20200612_192751.jpg
IMG_20200612_192832.jpg

:circle-of-love:

Just a few pics, girls are at day 43 from sprouting at the moment. Looking OK to me DDA isn't much of a dark devil, she's staying pretty green compared to the last one I grew. She's got such a nice smell to her though already

Dda

IMG_20200615_214622.jpg
IMG_20200615_213243.jpg

White widow

IMG_20200615_214609.jpg
IMG_20200614_230703.jpg

And then a new grow box I built and going to start kitting out just to run autos, top is 1,2m x 0,6m x 1,2m (4ft x 2ft x 4ft or something close to that) and that will be the plants place to be and the bottom two drawers will be for storing nutrients etc and grow equipment. Any tips would be great on how to make it work well.

IMG_20200615_192822.jpg

Keep it real guys and gals

Back
Top Bottom