Let's talk about flushing

Re: Let's talk about flushing...

The only experience I have w/ hydro and flushing was w/ using Clearex. We never did a two week flush. We would go 5 days. Never had an issue w/ taste, only the nefarious hay smell. I'm still in line w/ the hay smell being brought about by improper drying trapping in the nitrogen before the cure.

I have had issues w/ mold when attention to detail becomes more "inconvenient." This would mainly occur within the main colas even when the temps/rh were kept within ideal range--larger nugs can become a problem. Our solution was to take a stick and do a little poke and prod to air out the colas by hand and help prevent this.

I'm eager to see how this works out.:thumb:

My flushing procedure is to use at least 2x pot volume of water, 7 days before harvest. Use tap water from the hose if you can. Flush it until the EC of the runoff is 0.7 (background water here is 0.6). Then do another final flush with Ph corrected, chlorine free water. After three days, water again to just generate runoff. Then do not water for 4 days until harvest. 4th grow now. Good results so far.

Back
Top Bottom