Letting My Medical Card Expire

Mercury Trismagistus

There is an article elsewhere on this site that explains this very well. Read :

MMJ Is Prohibitively Expensive​

Now on with my comments:

I was thrilled when I first got my medical card. But the ridiculously high prices and arbitrary method of figuring how many "days" I have left has made the decision to let it go easy. I can now buy flower in the state next door for the same price as someone with no medical card. And I don't even have to do that. It has now come to my attention that the 2018 Farm Bill makes "hemp derived" cannabinoid legal as long as they don't contain more Delta 9 THC than is allowed in Hemp Products.
So now there are a whole array of new cannabinoids, some far stronger than Delta 9, on the market and for sale online. And on top of that, these new cannabinoids are blowing the prices at the Dispensaries away. They are even far less expensive than what you can find in legal states. And you can just order them online with a credit card. You do not need a medical card or an ID, and they are not illegal.
It is my personal opinion that these new cannabinoids are on the threshold of taking the market by storm. This is going to be a real problem for those states that have not yet legalized. They could have the lunch that they were counting on eaten right out from under them.

What do You think about these developments?

1629116094864.png

1629116549489.png

You have scored a point. But remember, the new Legal cannabinoids have no possession limits. And many of them are just as strong, if not much stronger, than regular delta 9 thc.

P.S. After consulting with the Oracle of Changes, I have decided to go ahead and renew for at least one more year. The cost/benefit analysis would appear to be positive for at least that long.

The other thing the farm bill does is takes regulation away from the DEA, and moves it to the FDA. It will be interesting to see if some of the "Snake Oil" claims being made by CBD and Cannabinoid sellers will have to quantified/proven with peer reviewed double blind studies. I'm old enough to remember lawsuits over claims made, where the manufacturer (Nutra-Life?) was claiming this new miracle organically derived pill cured everything from asthma to zits, turned out it wasn't true.

In New York, have the card will allow you to LEGALLY grow your own starting in October. Three young plants and three mature plants at a time.

I spoke with my accountant. All the equipment, the soil, nutes, seeds etc. are tax deductible as a medical expense.

I believe law enforcement would be more sympathetic to my grow and my stash if I have a valid Medical Recommendation/ MMJ card... You can grow weed legally with or without MMJ card in my state, The difference is that you are allowed to possess way more weed with the card... Also I have been buying CBD flower online for the past few years, you can't beat the price and lab tested but it does not take the place of THC...

A lot more study and research needs to go into these new Cannabinoids. We seem to only be at the beginning of the general awareness of them. And some of the newer ones are hardly known of at all.
While others have become a consumer staple. It is a lot to sort through. And there is not a long track record to work with for a lot of them. But if the past is any indication, then they are probably coming on strong. And it is almost certain that some of them will be staples in the future.

I learned yesterday that it will not be legal to grow mmj in New York come October. The state must still write up the regulations for home growing.

That'll probably take another year or two.

I learned yesterday that it will not be legal to grow mmj in New York come October. The state must still write up the regulations for home growing.

That'll probably take another year or two.
Maybe things will change for the better quicker with a new Governor?

There is an article elsewhere on this site that explains this very well. Read :

MMJ Is Prohibitively Expensive​

Now on with my comments:

I was thrilled when I first got my medical card. But the ridiculously high prices and arbitrary method of figuring how many "days" I have left has made the decision to let it go easy. I can now buy flower in the state next door for the same price as someone with no medical card. And I don't even have to do that. It has now come to my attention that the 2018 Farm Bill makes "hemp derived" cannabinoid legal as long as they don't contain more Delta 9 THC than is allowed in Hemp Products.
So now there are a whole array of new cannabinoids, some far stronger than Delta 9, on the market and for sale online. And on top of that, these new cannabinoids are blowing the prices at the Dispensaries away. They are even far less expensive than what you can find in legal states. And you can just order them online with a credit card. You do not need a medical card or an ID, and they are not illegal.
It is my personal opinion that these new cannabinoids are on the threshold of taking the market by storm. This is going to be a real problem for those states that have not yet legalized. They could have the lunch that they were counting on eaten right out from under them.

What do You think about these developments?

1629116094864.png

1629116549489.png

Take this as you will but when I saw this THC - O picture it reminded me of this article so here it is.

The doctor in the above article outlined three areas of concern with regard to the new cannabinoids.

One is whether they are made according to the proper standards of purity with no contaminants.

Two is whether they accumulate in vital organs such as the liver.

Three is whether the increased potency can cause increased dependency, the need for higher doses, or any adverse medical condition.

The doctor goes on to say that you would need human and animal studies to confirm some of these facts.

This appears to be where the matter lies at this point in time.

All I would say about it is that there are reputable manufacturers of these products out there. And I have seen their products for sale in CBD stores and in Cannabis Dispensaries. They have independent lab tests available and are transparent about their manufacturing processes. If they are not, I would not recommend buying from them. Do your own due diligence.

But that being said, there is not yet a way to arrive at some of these answers because of the short history and lack of human and animal studies.

At this point, I am not sure what more to say about it.

I have identified a company that would appear to be highly reputable. I have seen their products for sale at medical dispensaries. They have independent lab tests and are transparent about their processes. And they are a member of several national Hemp Professional organizations. I am going to try a THC-O vape cart and a tincture at a one to one ratio with CBD. I will report my findings here.

I have identified a company that would appear to be highly reputable. I have seen their products for sale at medical dispensaries. They have independent lab tests and are transparent about their processes. And they are a member of several national Hemp Professional organizations. I am going to try a THC-O vape cart and a tincture at a one to one ratio with CBD. I will report my findings here.
We will be waiting impatiently =]

Can you tell me if the prices are up to date for medical cards?

I am interested in the state of New Jersey.
I assume I can't renew online and still have to see the doctor again?

Can you tell me if the prices are up to date for medical cards?

I am interested in the state of New Jersey.
I assume I can't renew online and still have to see the doctor again?
Here's what I found:
How much is a medical marijuana ID card? The cost to register for a medical marijuana identification card is $100. Your registration fee covers 2 years of certification. If you qualify for one of the below categories, you can receive your NJ medical cannabis card for a reduced fee of $20.

If you are going to go with an online doctor, make sure he gives you an annual prescription. I had an online doctor, offering lower rates. It wasn't until after all was said and done that I learned it was for a three month prescription. I had to meet with her again, and pay for the additional visits.

Back
Top Bottom