Lewydeville’s DWC Grow With Mephisto Genetics Creme De La Chem Plus Many More

Hi 420,
I’m back after a short break from growing ready to start my 3rd journal on this fantastic site. Hope everyone had a great summer and like me looking forward to some cool temperatures for growing some killer weed indoors over the next six months.
In this journal I plan on growing four autos while 4 photos veg, once the autos are finished I’ll be moving the photos into the flower tent and then using the veg tent for a few more autos. So lots going on as well as a little training here and there and maybe a dab of rosin or two!

A quick run down of my system,
Veg tent 4 x 4
Mars Hydro Led (tbc)
5 inch extraction fan
Carbon filter
Oil radiator during winter.

Flower tent 5 x 5
Mars Hydro Pro 2 Cree led
600 watt HPS
8 inch extraction fan
4 inch induction fan
3 inch passive induction pipe.
Carbon filter
Dehumidifier
Heat fan during winter.

All plants will be in their own independent DWC bucket fed oxygen from a 10 port air pump.

Nutrients will be the full Shogun Hydro range which I’ve had great success with in the past. I also use beneficial bacteria to keep the nasties away.

The Strains.
So as this is my first time dipping a toe into the world of autos and knowing how temperamental they can be I’ve plumped for some Mephisto Genetics. I’ve heard so many good things about these seeds hopefully starting with good stock is one less thing to worry about. The strain is Creme De La Chem, I’ve never tried a Chem before and again I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews of its strong fuel taste and high strength. I can’t wait to try it.
3EAF7DA1-9A70-4841-9AEF-29EB135F794B.jpeg
B058EEE8-6FE5-48A8-9188-D4E34040E03B.jpeg

I like the part that states “If your quest is to find true extract grade connoisseur quality automatics then these are for you” :cheesygrinsmiley:

While the Chems are doing their thing I’ll be vegging:
2 x TH Seeds, French Macron
1 x G13, Pineapple Express
1 x Emerald Triangle Seeds, G13 x Blueberry Headband.
I’ve grown French Macron recently (it’s crazy good) and the two other strains are new to me. These plants will be trained hard using mainline and extreme defoliation. With bags of veg time for these girls I’ll go into more details as the grow progresses.

So here we go let’s get started. On Saturday morning I picked the best looking beans from my stash and put them in some water to soak for 24 hours.

The chems
D40E9A68-61DB-43E2-8B1D-99C45C3FB19B.jpeg
BC4AD502-67E5-448C-B073-E149081141A8.jpeg
EF78B0DA-2C67-4171-A5D8-F26208BE84EB.jpeg

French Macron
067943FE-B8F7-439B-88D7-0B1A2DB135C6.jpeg
24BA0F52-B943-4856-8363-0D084ECF49B6.jpeg
3889A29B-A222-45E0-A1AF-B12AEDC0B506.jpeg

G13 Labs Pineapple Express
254329F8-0F25-49BB-9135-E4D865FCC866.jpeg

Emerald Triangle Seeds
G13 x Blueberry Headband
C28F27F0-CB3A-49EE-93DB-053C6113934B.jpeg
A5156D5F-450D-4113-B414-AD7BC14A48FA.jpeg

If any seeds don’t play ball I’ve got these in reserve just in case.
04039F84-9197-4B3C-9D5B-34DDCA640602.jpeg

I placed all the soaking seeds into a dark warm airing cupboard for 24 hr.

The following day all the beans had dropped to the bottom of the glass pots. I then placed all the seeds into damp paper towels. The majority were already splitting.
6D6714D3-3F3E-4E1B-B175-D5CCB31B0327.jpeg

The chems
D5EBAFC0-CA21-4A57-A9BA-B684C4FF0210.jpeg

French Macron
482B8275-8534-43A8-A10B-C5D014FCBF18.jpeg

Pineapple Express
45E05D13-C231-4099-BF3E-A7950E3BDD0E.jpeg

Blueberry Headband
1F268AC1-F9DA-4DAB-BDFF-6C7B7E1F53C7.jpeg

I place them all carefully into a container I could covered with cling film and put them back into the airing cupboard for another 24 hours.
DFD3CE11-6A70-44C8-BE7C-610DAE17EEDB.jpeg

Today after checking on the seeds I moved them
into root riot cubes. All apart from one of the Chem autos had good tap roots showing so it looks like a great start.
F929F231-A22D-4AF3-B591-761429E81A43.jpeg

Blueberry Headband
15D29984-5416-41AA-B6B2-3EF218AFAFEC.jpeg

French Macron
597F43B1-D0DA-462A-9C8A-95AE34DC728A.jpeg

Creme De La Chem
CBA67A00-290A-481C-9311-4DB56A000703.jpeg

Pineapple Express
045A63C9-78AE-4E5E-BEE0-ABDD1D0EBB80.jpeg

I made sure to label them all then moved them into the veg tent. For the next day or two I’ll be using my old led veg light that even though it’s broken it’s perfect for this early stage.
17020236-AA4B-4BDA-B6A6-9E7A69AF0C89.jpeg
F8F6909A-FF87-4B1D-A36D-1DED06AD331C.jpeg

That brings everything up to date. I’d just like to say everybody is welcome here. Please feel free to post any questions or pictures as I love anything cannabis related and I’d like this to be a sociable journal with lots of fun.

Good start Lew. I'm in gonna be a fun ride!
Hey N420 welcome. Thanks it should be good fun....Maybe I should wait until the autos are out of the way first before I mention fun! Lol. I’ve had a short break from the site so I’m going to catch up on everyone’s journals when I can. Hope your well mate.

Dwc and autos, I'm in!

:morenutes:

Happy growing!
Welcome Canuckush. I’ve been wanting to try autos for a while after seeing some great results when used in dwc. I’ll be checking out your Northern lights journal for some tips.

Cool, I’m running a single DWC bucket this grow to test it out. I’m in for the grow.

Grab a seat Reave and welcome. I’ve been running single dwc buckets for a few years now. So simple and it takes some beating. What strain are you running?

Grab a seat Reave and welcome. I’ve been running single dwc buckets for a few years now. So simple and it takes some beating. What strain are you running?
I think it is white widow in the bucket. Now I have it in my mind that I took a single Bruce banner clone so there is a small chance it could be that. The other 8 are in pro mix BX , white widow and blue Dream.

Not sure if it is all blue Dream or I have a really good mother but her growth is explosive

I think it is white widow in the bucket. Now I have it in my mind that I took a single Bruce banner clone so there is a small chance it could be that. The other 8 are in pro mix BX , white widow and blue Dream.

Not sure if it is all blue Dream or I have a really good mother but her growth is explosive
Nice strains. Can’t beat some White Widow. I’ve not tried Bruce Banner yet, it must be good as I see it mentioned regularly in journals. Sounds like you’ve got a keeper with the Blue Dream mother.

Welcome Canuckush. I’ve been wanting to try autos for a while after seeing some great results when used in dwc. I’ll be checking out your Northern lights journal for some tips.
Well thanks Lew but I was thinking the same thing, figured I'd learn something about dwc from you, it's my first attempt and with auto's.

Happy growing!

Well thanks Lew but I was thinking the same thing, figured I'd learn something about dwc from you, it's my first attempt and with auto's.

Happy growing!
This is going to be great as our grows aren’t far apart in days. Are you going to let yours grow natural or risk a little training?

Not much to report today. I can see the seeds are burrowing their roots down into the starter cubes and I’m sure the 4th Chem seed that hadn’t split is doing the same thing. I gave a very light misting making sure the root cubes were just damp and not soaking wet. I also set the oil radiator on a thermostat at 22c. I’ll check again in a few hours just to make sure everything is set right and hopefully by tomorrow we might see a few above ground.
8804D054-3258-43F4-A4DF-2B381BA6E564.jpeg

This is going to be great as our grows aren’t far apart in days. Are you going to let yours grow natural or risk a little training?
I'm going to let them grow naturally because I want to see if they can or cannot stand any type of training, I figure the aggressive fast growers can recover from training and the slow, problematic ones are better left alone.

I'm going to let them grow naturally because I want to see if they can or cannot stand any type of training, I figure the aggressive fast growers can recover from training and the slow, problematic ones are better left alone.
Think I’m going to top mine once then keep them tied down. Trying to keep the stress to a minimum. I’m going to have to sit on my hands because I’m pretty brutal with my photo plants.

That chem auto sounds like a good one I am going to give some auto's a shot after I do a couple more photo runs really interested to see how yours turn out.
I am going to be trying Dwc for the first time in my journal in about 2 or 3 weeks. I have been getting stuff for it the last little while and going to be running 5 gallon buckets with 6 inch net pots.
I have done a bunch of reading about Dwc but I'm still confused about a few things. When you top up the bucket do you use plain ph'd water? or do you use nutes? I know you want your ph around 5.8 do you have to adjust the ph daily to keep it at 5.8 or let it drift up? My plan is to have double the buckets I need then mix up my nutes in the extra bucket a couple of days before I do a res change then pick up the plants and drop them into the fresh nutes. Was thinking that might be easier to do it that way but definitely open to other ideas. Anything you could suggest would be greatly appreciated.

When you top up the bucket do you use plain ph'd water? or do you use nutes? I know you want your ph around 5.8 do you have to adjust the ph daily to keep it at 5.8 or let it drift up?

I top up with plain water then I ph the bucket after as sometimes just topping up corrects the ph. I’ve used the same brand of nutes for a few years so I’m confident to tweak with adding 10ml of nutes here and there, although I might not recommend that on your first try. I stuck to a weekly feeding schedule for a few grows and I’d definitely recommend it. Once you get a feel for your nutes and dwc It’s easy growing and ph is just a quick check.

Thanks Lew I will do that when I get going just topping with plain water. I use advanced nutrients in my pro mix grows and will use the same in dwc they are a bit strong I find so will probably run a paired back version of their feed schedule.
Do you run any kind of beneficial bacteria in your buckets?

Back
Top Bottom