Lewydeville’s DWC Grow With Mephisto Genetics Creme De La Chem Plus Many More

Hey Lew. Your garden is looking great. I'm glad the pollenating went well for you. It doesnt look like I will be making any seeds anytime soon. I just had a severe case of damping-off wipe out all of my seedlings. The Wedding Cake you selected is gone as well as all of the others except for 2 but again, I dont think they will make it. It took my courgettes as well lol. A massive slug crept in my window and ate one of the Caramelo regs and the second looks like it will be taken by the damping-off. I tried to save them with H2O2 but I dont think it will work. It has been a bad couple of days in the garden .

I thought I'd come over here to cheer myself up and see a pro at work lol.

I'm sure I'm not getting notifications for a lot of your post as well.
:passitleft:

Hey Lew. Your garden is looking great. I'm glad the pollenating went well for you. It doesnt look like I will be making any seeds anytime soon. I just had a severe case of damping-off wipe out all of my seedlings. The Wedding Cake you selected is gone as well as all of the others except for 2 but again, I dont think they will make it. It took my courgettes as well lol. A massive slug crept in my window and ate one of the Caramelo regs and the second looks like it will be taken by the damping-off. I tried to save them with H2O2 but I dont think it will work. It has been a bad couple of days in the garden .

I thought I'd come over here to cheer myself up and see a pro at work lol.

I'm sure I'm not getting notifications for a lot of your post as well.
Damn mate that’s some bad luck. Gutted for you I was really looking forward to seeing how your Wedding Cake stacked up as I’m well impressed with mine. Getting very frosty and stinks of strong smokey burnt rubber. I’ve knocked her right up so if all goes well I’ll see you alright for some replacements. Been a bit snowed under this last week so haven’t been updating so you haven’t missed much. Now the gardens under slightly more control I should be able to spend more time on the journal. Apart from your bad luck with the seedlings I hope you’re well buddy.

Damn mate that’s some bad luck. Gutted for you I was really looking forward to seeing how your Wedding Cake stacked up as I’m well impressed with mine. Getting very frosty and stinks of strong smokey burnt rubber. I’ve knocked her right up so if all goes well I’ll see you alright for some replacements. Been a bit snowed under this last week so haven’t been updating so you haven’t missed much. Now the gardens under slightly more control I should be able to spend more time on the journal. Apart from your bad luck with the seedlings I hope you’re well buddy.
Its been a bit of a mixed week but we'll get there. I was fortunate enough to have been gifted some more Barneys auto strains to run and Wedding cake was of them. I won't be able to save the genetics if I like it though which is what I'm trying to do at the moment.

Since that last message I lost the other 2 seedlings lol. It is just the sad looking Caramelo left now.

Hey 420. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. It’s time for an update and it’s been a bad week in the garden for me. We are experiencing summertime weather here in the U.K. and the hot temperatures are kicking my ass. It was literally only a week ago I mentioned to @N420 how I’ve never had root rot whilst using beneficial bacteria no matter how warm it’s been.....well I can’t say that now! Typical that it would have to be on one of the best plants in the garden, the Wedding Cake S1, which had been shaping up pretty nice with lots of early frost. Now I think the problem lies with a dodgy bottle of bennies. It’s a brand I’ve used for years and it’s really good stuff, normally it has a sort of detergent smell with a thick consistency but this latest bottle has a twang when you give it a sniff like it’s slightly on the turn and has a much thinner viscosity. I think it’s still working but maybe not as efficiently as the rot showed up in a fresh 3 day old bucket whereas I’ve got clones sat in weeks old res that’s just being topped up with leftovers with no issues. My thoughts are the bacteria has had more chance to colonise in the older reservoirs giving the protection needed, I’m not sure? Having single buckets means no other plants have been affected and it’s been easy to treat. Hopefully she bounces back and makes it to harvest. The heat seems to be hitting the Guicy Banger and Cheap Trick plants hard as well, both showing very slow growth. On a positive note the Crumbled Limes and Chocolatina look very promising considering the heat problems. Here are the pics.

The rot!
You can see here how the rot is forming in the centre of a tight bunch of roots. I’ve doubled the dosage of bacteria in a fresh bucket and applied another 10ml directly on the rot. I also raised the water level so the rot was submerged for 24 hrs. It’s funny because at no point has there been any bad smell coming from the offending plants buckets.
614F5963-54F4-4B37-BAC3-A89987C21DDB.jpeg
B5ACDB7D-58AA-4811-A21A-5C6C4C8B86A5.jpeg

The plants

Half the tent is looking shabby but the Crumbled Limes have massive potential, especially twin#1 in the middle. You can see in some of these pictures the difference between the buds that were pollinated against the buds that didn’t receive any. I’m confident I’ll at least get some decent seeds from the run.
DBC4C27C-EA7F-417C-B1C8-725AD25F5434.jpeg
D2DB7337-2DD4-4053-A7C4-12CC99EE050D.jpeg
721AB62C-3BC9-4458-9494-46D5E03CE9DB.jpeg
109E21DE-55F0-499A-90B6-25131EA303BB.jpeg
B67178AF-2062-403F-A80C-5BDF1558593F.jpeg

I don’t mean to be a grouch but I could really do with some cooler weather until this grow is finished. Looking at the forecast that’s going to be unlikely. This could get ugly! Lol

That's a pain about the rot Lew. I had all kinds of rot issues with the auto's I'm growing but knock on wood seems to be getting better other then one I tried to fix with peroxide and stressed her into flowering :rolleyes: That's a pretty smart I idea about applying your bennies right at the source of the rot and raising the water level so the roots are completely submerged for 24hrs. I actually started some auto's in soil recently because I wasn't very confident the plants would work out with my root issues. I really hope things do work out for you, have a good one buddy.

That's a pain about the rot Lew. I had all kinds of rot issues with the auto's I'm growing but knock on wood seems to be getting better other then one I tried to fix with peroxide and stressed her into flowering :rolleyes: That's a pretty smart I idea about applying your bennies right at the source of the rot and raising the water level so the roots are completely submerged for 24hrs. I actually started some auto's in soil recently because I wasn't very confident the plants would work out with my root issues. I really hope things do work out for you, have a good one buddy.
Thanks N4, after checking on the Wedding cake last night I think I might be ok as the area of rot seems to be getting better. It’s not been as warm as the forecast suggested over the last couple of days and the garden looks all the better for it. Lots of signs I’ve got seeds on the way which is also good news. Hope you and your fam are good buddy.
Sure that’s not nute stain? Rot will have a smell and the roots will get slimy. Yours look healthy other than the colors
The roots are nute stained but I definitely had some sort of rot in between the tightly packed top part of the root system. I have wondered if it could be some plant matter from a defol that’s got stuck amongst the roots and it is that which is breaking down? Looks slightly better today and a few new roots sprouting makes me feel more confident. Hope your well Penny.
852E4A4B-88D4-4A7A-9567-F42BA64ED8B3.jpeg
75E887A5-6AAA-4DF3-8A10-44E4D62FB832.jpeg

Could be a leaf breaking down, the roots don’t look bad at all
I didn’t manage to get in the garden last night Penny but after checking this morning the area of rot is looking tons better. Nice surprise to see it’s not been affecting her up top, spotted my first home made bean!
C67B140F-D989-4450-BB9B-E8A06D6F43CF.jpeg
A9AE31B0-CB2B-4081-A4DA-F4A47B4A5BBD.jpeg

Wedding Cake x Crumbled Lime :)

What temps are you getting at the moment? It has been warm and humid down this way until today. Today is hot again and I'm managing to keep the temps at around 25C but I did open my tent door for an hour at lunch time to let all the air out lol. I might do it again soon.

I'm loving the Crumbled Lime's at the moment. Both of mine look completely different with one being like a short Bubba Kush in appearance and the other is tall with nice long colas. Both smell great and are nice and frosty. I can't wait to see how yours turn out.

Congrats on the seeds as well. Crumbled Lime x Wedding Cake sounds nice

Hey 420, it’s been nearly 2 weeks since my last post and I’m really sorry if anyone has been waiting for an update. The temperatures have continue to soar in the U.K. and it’s ruining most of my plants and my motivation. I just can’t control such high temps in my grow space. I know this was always going to be a seed run and thankfully I’m going to have plenty of beans come harvest but I was hoping for some decent bud as well. The relentless heat means Guicy Banger and Cheap Trick may as well go straight in the compost bin, even the plants that were doing well are now throwing out single bladed leaves and wispy fox tails. It’s turning into a complete shit show and I can’t wait for this run to finish now.
5167F38F-921B-44B9-83FE-BC125B2B1EA4.jpeg
54201875-8614-4705-8385-65BE16EB81F9.jpeg
0668FE88-415D-431E-8F72-AE00D4EA840D.jpeg
46ED823F-2F39-4B1F-AE07-D3F73ABE41F9.jpeg

I suppose it’s not all doom and gloom as the pollinated branches all have seeds and the root rot on the Wedding Cake has completely cleared up. I’m really excited to run some of the crosses from this plant in particular as it smells gorgeous and is covered in trichomes.

Hope everyone is keeping well and thanks for stopping by.

Good morning 420. I’ve not been on the site for a while now as I’ve completely lost my mojo trying to grow in these hot temperatures. This week I culled the Guicy Banger and Cheap Trick plants as like me they couldn’t cope with the heat. After checking them over for potential seeds which neither plant had any of, I sent them to the compost bin. That has freed up some space and made life a little easier moving and working around the remaining four plants. It is these four plants that are my saving grace because the pollination has worked brilliantly and all are teaming with seeds. I’m already seeing mature beans poking out here and there so I’ll probably harvest in two weeks and I’ll be glad to get this run finished now. It’s been fun for the most part and I’ve learnt a ton but my god it’s been hard work even without the hot temperatures. I’ve definitely bitten off more than I could chew but the thought of running my own crosses will soon ease the pain! Lol

Here are some pictures of the garden just before I removed the two plants that were culled. I’ve given the remaining plants a defol to get some light down to the lower bud.
7AA23ED4-8951-40C2-9112-55786A77CE18.jpeg
AFF7BEED-253C-4F23-B6D5-5708A5752EF6.jpeg
8854EAB8-A1B5-4C59-AF4B-D1B4C19BAA5C.jpeg
6055BDED-F59A-44CC-B499-33DDE9560318.jpeg
517AC49F-4E76-43AE-8CE2-A9285EC65341.jpeg
2D2F2794-09E6-4B71-B645-3FC5A7E2137E.jpeg

And here is a test seed I plucked from one of the lower areas on the Wedding Cake plant.
(Wedding Cake x Cheap Trick)
1536D634-2955-440C-9AC6-E94391F7746D.jpeg

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

Wow they do look hot. Sorry to hear you had to cull a couple. Adapt or die, right?
This..
And here is a test seed I plucked from one of the lower areas on the Wedding Cake plant.
(Wedding Cake x Cheap Trick)
Is awesome :yahoo: :party::slide::circle-of-love:

Welcome back lewy. I hate the heat too mate. We are not made for it here in
Blighty. I just got finished after a week of coping with it. Drying is a pain in it though and my drying time is too short for my liking. Just about to get set up for the next run. Soil and nft for the cooler feeds hopefully.

Wow they do look hot. Sorry to hear you had to cull a couple. Adapt or die, right?
This..

Is awesome :yahoo: :party::slide::circle-of-love:
Hey DD, how are you buddy? I’ve just noticed your “member of the month” title! Congratulations mate I’m really pleased for you and very well deserved.
I avoid growing during the hottest summer months normally but this early and unusually hot spell caught me out big time. You can’t win them all though and I’m still in the mix for a bumper stock of seeds so it’s not a complete loss. I should be moving to a more permanent grow spot soon and I’ll definitely get some air con set up then. Hope your keeping well and looking forward to catching up on your journal.

Welcome back lewy. I hate the heat too mate. We are not made for it here in
Blighty. I just got finished after a week of coping with it. Drying is a pain in it though and my drying time is too short for my liking. Just about to get set up for the next run. Soil and nft for the cooler feeds hopefully.
How’s it going GG? Hope you and the fam are well buddy. I can imagine trying to dry bud in this weather must be a nightmare. I find it quite funny when everybody is saying “isn’t this weather gorgeous” and “I hope it last” when I’m sat there thinking “I hope it fucking snows!” Lol.

Hey Lew! Good going on the seeds. I ended up getting some more regs in the end to have another go at making some beans. Sorry to hear that the heat got too much. I've been there before and lost an entire grow to High temps. What temps were you getting? My tent was 24C at lights-out last week. Crazy weather!
How did your Crumbled Limes fair? Awesome smoke from them.
Hope you're well Lew

Hey Lew! Good going on the seeds. I ended up getting some more regs in the end to have another go at making some beans. Sorry to hear that the heat got too much. I've been there before and lost an entire grow to High temps. What temps were you getting? My tent was 24C at lights-out last week. Crazy weather!
How did your Crumbled Limes fair? Awesome smoke from them.
Hope you're well Lew
How is it P? It sure has been some crazy warm weather. My room was probably hitting 95/100 at some points. I can handle the odd day but after prolonged spells like that I knew i was in trouble. Crumbled Lime twin #1 has faired better than her sibling and I should get some decent bud to try from that plant. CL#2 has seeds on two of the pollinated branches but no usable bud or seeds anywhere else. The Wedding Cake S1 is the most promising looking strain I’ve had for a while. Covered in frost and smells amazing. I can’t wait to see what the crosses produce. Chocolatina has been affected badly by the heat but the bud produced looks very nice with a purple fleck running through it so again I’m optimistic I should get some good crosses from that one. I really should be thankful this was a seed run because if it were purely for bud it would be a complete failure! What regs did you go for? Hope you and the fam are well.

How’s it going GG? Hope you and the fam are well buddy. I can imagine trying to dry bud in this weather must be a nightmare. I find it quite funny when everybody is saying “isn’t this weather gorgeous” and “I hope it last” when I’m sat there thinking “I hope it fucking snows!” Lol.
Mrs GG looks at me with disdain as I moan about the sun being out and blazing.lol pisses me off so much i wont go out in it either. Lol.
We have a product available here mate called "Liquid Ice" . It is a product full of hormones for the heat stress. Works really well it I ran out last summer and didn't replace it as winter was here. Doh.... fot me through the heatwaves last year and having the exhale bag helped too. Could be worth a look with summer here mate. Shame to kill plants off but I know that one when they just stall out and do nothing. Hope the seeding gives you some nice crosses. Thankfully they give a lot of seeds.
Family all good here mate. Still enjoying the family holiday and summer break here. All good mate

Back
Top Bottom