Lewydeville’s Perpetual DWC With Fruit Spirit 2018

I was planning on chopping the 2 Fruit Spirit #1 last night but upon closer inspection I decided they could do with a few more days. I normally harvest this strain around 10 weeks and they are sat at 9 weeks and 1 day so shouldn’t be long. The Tangies are now starting to swell and gain weight which is noticeable everyday. The second pheno of Fruit Spirit is looking really good and looks set to produce the biggest buds I’ve grown to date. No pictures today sorry.

Just checked out this grow again, nice job!
How do you manage to do all these buckets seperate, isn’t it allot work with res change and topping up with the big plants sitting on top? Just wondering

Just checked out this grow again, nice job!
How do you manage to do all these buckets seperate, isn’t it allot work with res change and topping up with the big plants sitting on top? Just wondering

I quite like separate buckets. Originally I was building a RDWC system but it’s not practical for my grow area. I’ve double the amount of buckets so when it comes to res changing I mix in a fresh clean bucket then simply swap lid with the plant. All air stone lines go through the lid. It gives me more flexibility with different strains and nute strengths. I also can gain some important info on how each plant is drinking and feeding. My main worry is keeping hungry plants in an optimum nute strength so give extra res change during those important times.

I quite like separate buckets. Originally I was building a RDWC system but it’s not practical for my grow area. I’ve double the amount of buckets so when it comes to res changing I mix in a fresh clean bucket then simply swap lid with the plant. All air stone lines go through the lid. It gives me more flexibility with different strains and nute strengths. I also can gain some important info on how each plant is drinking and feeding. My main worry is keeping hungry plants in an optimum nute strength so give extra res change during those important times.
Yeah, I can imagine it’s more fun too.. to grow alot different strains together. With rdwc you’re mostly stuck to one strain.
Looking good in your garden!
I gave mine a big defol yesterday :)

The two of my Fruit Spirit are coming down today. I absolutely love this strain. So impressive and ticks every box for me. I’d be very surprised if they don’t do 10 oz minimum each. Apart from making seeds with two clones from her this is the last time I’ll be running it as I need to shut down for a break this summer. Fingers crossed I should have a whole bunch of seeds made with this cut so I can keep the genetics going. I’ll be taking pics throughout the harvest, her are some this morning and the 3 remaining plants in the flower tent.
131E8678-F2D5-4F28-9C7C-6C679D6DA9E4.jpeg
80C15FAF-8F8C-487E-B530-0468AEF47A30.jpeg

Some more pictures. They really don’t do the plants justice would have looked amazing if I could of got some shots without them flopping all over the shop.
018B3801-737A-40C0-9FA8-8F5DD8A9DE35.jpeg
B2FF7846-47C5-477C-9D51-5EFB94D08E0B.jpeg
81D5C7E5-1100-42A3-AA36-6D52CBF1DE94.jpeg
8BB9E375-6CAC-455A-9C30-F0A9A88DEAB8.jpeg
C32300A7-9BA4-41CB-8FEE-9782D42EBF9C.jpeg
A74601CD-036E-4EFD-B93B-E824FAFC03E9.jpeg
1E46D2B8-6772-405B-9917-437632C53A48.jpeg
6637DC33-EAE8-4ED7-8128-0EADBA5B8AC4.jpeg
1EAD2CFE-0503-4FFE-9426-AB4A55E5817D.jpeg
8E7C829B-13D6-4AEA-AE27-11C965647D3E.jpeg

Couldn’t have said it better...

I’ve been running my little 2-bucket RDWC for a long time and just recently went back to single buckets. In many respects it’s easier and quicker. In my little rooms, and since I only grow for me, it really makes sense. Gives me the opportunity to grow more than just GG4...

You do nice work Lewy! I bet it smells pretty good in there right about now. :passitleft:

Couldn’t have said it better...

I’ve been running my little 2-bucket RDWC for a long time and just recently went back to single buckets. In many respects it’s easier and quicker. In my little rooms, and since I only grow for me, it really makes sense. Gives me the opportunity to grow more than just GG4...

You do nice work Lewy! I bet it smells pretty good in there right about now. :passitleft:

Thank you very much GT. It smells damn right naughty. Real gassy and strong, it doesn’t smell as the name suggests fruity in my opinion. The neighbors might think differently though?!. :oops:

You can’t beat single buckets for simplicity and what a fantastic way to learn about hydro and a plants behaviour. I’d highly recommend them to anyone just starting out and growing on a small scale.

Fingers crossed I’ll be pressing dabs with you on the weekend. Ordered a micro nectar collector as you’re so impressed with yours. Had to watch a YouTube video how to use it after I ordered! lol. Great how you can dab straight from the silicon pots. I wasn’t getting on with the bong I bought...as in I hate cleaning it!

Nice haul lewy :thumb:

Thank you Iti and welcome mate. I was pretty pleased with the yield of these two. Hope your harvest went well. I’ll be over to check it out soon.

Quite the harvest there Lewy. How much do you think you'll have? I'm thinkin a half a kilo.

I got at least 3 oz from the Blue Mistic which is now jarred up (I will weigh everything properly when everything is down and dry). These two drying are going to do well and I’ve still got three to go. I really find it hard to judge? What I haven’t shown in the pictures is the lighter weight bud which is ready for pressing. I would say there is at least 5 oz of that, I don’t count that towards my total though. My guess is I’ll be close to my target of 30 oz of dry bud as last time I hit 26 oz and this feels much more so far.

All caught up! The FS look proper nice. Are these ones a bit darker than the last ones you did? The looks like it has a nice shade to it. Nice one Lew

Thanks mate. These two are some of the highest overall quality FS that I’ve grown. They are really dense heavy buds. Forgot the plants anyway how’s the little one and your mrs? Keeping you on your toes?

Back
Top Bottom