Life In The Day Of A Coco Grower

Hello :420:

So it's been quite a while since I last grew in coco and I have to say I have really missed it, I tried soil up until last month and I really didn't take to it, my yield dropped and so did my confidence in the whole grow scene too so I will currently have this setup and my hydro setup which is currently in flower as I write this, I intend to alter my garden grows so hydro then coco and back and fourth ect.

First things first, I have grown countless amounts of times in coco and I have learnt a great deal from my own mistakes and had great help from some king coco members on here, I am not the best grower on the world but I do have a plan for this journal.

Heres my plan, I am going to try my best and prove you can get big yields from small places using a 2x4 tent and eventually there will be a Mars Hydro SP250 being used, the benefit of the light and tent is that it's a basic setup that most can afford, I have gone from using a 1x1m to a 4x4 then a 4x8 tent and I can honestly say that if I can perfect a perfect grow in a 2x4 space and pull max yields then I may go back to using bigger tents but for now I'm just not fully good enough for those big ones yet.

I'm starting back with Cheese from Seedsman, I got them free and I'm so glad I did because it's a strain I have never grown and it's genetics background is great being the Original Skunk #1 Pheno so, the plant height states up to 3m so quite a tall strain but what I'm wondering is would this make it a fast growing strain on veg?

The strain also states 4-500g sqm so not a big yielding strain but I do plan on trying to aim for around 500g in this space, I know it's quite a big number but I can but try and get somewhere close.

I'm using Canna Coco Professional Plus mixed with Perlite, I mixed 10L of perlite to 30L of coco so a high % perlite mix, I'm using 12L fabric pots so great for the roots especially for wanting high yields, I plan to water multiple times per day come flower and I plan to use a dropped ring of sorts but there won't be a timer I will place a webcam inside the tent and pump the water in until I can see run off and this way I don't need to open the door which could let smells out, temp spikes or humidity spikes so at least this way I can semi control everything from the outside.

I'm running the full Remo Supercharge nutrient kit with no added extras, there a sponsor on the page but I don't see many people using them or in just not looking hard enough but it will be nice to see the outcome.

At the moment there currently under a 4 bar T5 setup which pulls around 96w I will use this until around the 4-5th node then swap to another light which at this moment I'm unclear of which next veg light im adding so if anyone has ideas on a light just for veg that will cover a good 1x1m space then for flower I will be using a Mars Hydro SP250.

Where to start with training, do I top, do I lst, I'm really not sure but I'm open to tips, each plant will have a 60x40cm canopy so space is limited, I have 50x50mm scrog screen mesh so at least i can get good equal in line buds (that's just wishful thinking).

So right now they have just been put into there final 12L pots in there coco mix, I watered them with a drop of Calcium that also contains a little Nitrogen, it was watered down below average so nothing to major on there first real feeding but I don't plan to feed them anything properly for at least 2-3 weeks.

If anyone has any info on this strain Cheese from Seedsman it would be great to see, also what your yields were just so I can see if it's worth taking a clone from them.

I got a lot of catching up to do... :adore:

Hey brother I hope all is well. Long time no talk. Looking great my friend keep up the great growing.

Play safe and enjoy
Funny enough I was thinking of you the other day when I was looking for a pH adjuster, I hope you are well and grows are growing good.

I got a lot of catching up to do... :adore:
Thanks for taking the time to read through them buddy!

Hopefully you enjoy the content, the product on the other hand was all very bland with barely any taste but they looked nice lol.

@KCCO 77 hello bud does your pH controller auto adjust the water when it needs it?
Hey there I hope all is well. It just keeps the ph at whatever you set it to.
It won’t do up and down at the same time.
Mine will only do one at a time ( up or down)
and this seem weird but actually you really figure out how your ph is swinging and when.

Now I’m week 5 to 6 of flower.
I know when I do a res change tonight the ph will rise for 48 to 72 hrs. I run my controller to ph down for this time frame. Then I will start to watch for the ph to be very stable for around 24 hrs because it’s time to switch my controller to ph up. At this point I switch to ph up for the rest of the week on that res.

Running one of these will allow you to figure out exactly how you ph fluctuates and when.
I hope this answers your question

play safe and enjoy my friend

Thanks buddy I'm wanting to use a 50L tank however with the bubbler going I there too I think the water will just rise so if I've got a machine making it go back to 6.2 that will do me, I'm hoping I can start using 12L pots with the flora flex tops on and multi feed upwards of 4x a 12x12 day.

Thanks bud!

Well the Big Nugs Fast yielded 370g 105,110 & 155g which was incredible for untrained untopped plants in soil now I'm just so sad that they have discontinued the strain but I do have 3 seeds left so they will for sure be future mothers, one of the plants also hermied due to either a light leak or outgrew the pot so I've also got those seeds which I could possibly do an outdoor practise grow with.

Well today is the first day of flower for my current plants which are 2 Sugar Canes & 4 Tropicanna Poison.

I decided to switch to flower now rather than wait till its overcrowded and I'm still undecided on what parts of the plant to use for clones on the Tropicanna Poisons but either way I'll take a few clones from the Sugar Canes tomorrow which I'm thinking of taking this clone but I'm unsure.

I've created my own individual scrog screens so that I can rotate plants as well as harvest individual plants while not affecting other plants.

IMG_20210208_132304.jpg

IMG_20210208_132237.jpg

IMG_20210208_132159.jpg

IMG_20210208_132149.jpg

IMG_20210208_132136.jpg

IMG_20210208_132132.jpg

IMG_20210208_132117.jpg

IMG_20210208_132111.jpg

IMG_20210208_132055.jpg

Well today I've added a second light to the tent and tomorrow I plan to make a drain table tomorrow so I can allow run of to drain away rather than sit in it causing more humidity, once they are on the table I will place the mesh screen over.

IMG_20210213_162311.jpg

IMG_20210213_162307.jpg

IMG_20210213_162249.jpg

IMG_20210213_162237.jpg

Well things are going great as can be apart from select problems but up to now I'm debating whether or not to pop another tent up to dry in or I push them till week 9 for the others to finish off but apart from that the plants are doing great and I can wait to run more of this Sugar Cane #1.

Well I'm back and I'd like to say I'm better but I'm slightly worse but we all have to struggle on so I'd like to invite anyone to come along take a seat and watch me grow another scrog in a 2x4 tent using Leds and coco.

My plan after harvest is to turn my yield into a vape liquid form in which I'm still undecided on which or how to go on but I wish to learn over the next year to produce the finest quality liquid to help with my health rather than smoking, if you have made your own and can help me out I'd love to learn.

What I'm Growing:
1X Afghan Kush Ryder Auto By World Of Seeds

3X Strawberry Kush By Sensi Seeds

What Medium I'm Using:

11L Black Square Plant Pot

Ecothrive Coco Charge Mix

What Nutrients I'm Using:

Canna A&B
Canna Cannazym
Canna CalMag Agent
Canna Boost
Canna PK13/14
Orca Mycorrhizzal

Potentially I may use Sweet Candy simply as an additive to enhance sugars but that's another question for another section.

What Equipment I'm Using:

Home Box Vista 2x4 (1.2m high)

Mars Hydro TSL2000 Light (Only 1 Side currently set at 150w)

Tornado 1500cfm Acoustic Extractor

6 Inch Rhyno Filter

Silent Fan for Intake

Scrog Information:
I always use 50x50mm nylon mesh and get fantastic results as the smaller mesh holes allows me to spread smaller branches and fill holes without them sliding straight through and growing straight, I'll often use white 3mm wide cable ties loosely to keep each branch in place and luckily up to now none of them have caused harm to the branches.

Due to using a small heighted tent vertical space can sometimes be a battle and I try to keep the nets around 2ft from the floor which results in around 6-12 inches of colas and 12-18 inches from the top of the colas to the roof of the tent and up to now I've had no problems with lights being to close I do usually use a Mars Hydro SP250 long bar light at the top of the tent but this time around I'm in two minds whether to use the panels from the TSL2000 or the SP250 in which case I'd love for @Mars Hydro to offer any advice on which would be the better setup.

Afghan Kush Ryder Auto By World Of Seeds

Strawberry Kush By Sensi Seeds

My Feed Schedule:

Afghan Kush Ryder schedule

0.5ML Per 1L - Canna CalMag Agent

1.5ML Per 1L - Canna A&B

0.5ML Per 1L - Canna Cannazym

1.5ML Per 1L - Canna Boost

0.25ML Per 1L - Orca Mycorrhizzal

3x Strawberry Kush Feed

0.5ML Per 1L - Canna CalMag Agent

1.5ML Per 1L - Canna A&B