Light Addict: LA's Perpetual Garden

So, to explain my feeding loop for a flux.
Because of the structure of a flux it's quite unique.
I keep a total even canopy, apart from the 2 most outer/end limbs of each main flux arm.
I raise these just slightly above all other limbs.
These 2 sites, 1 each end. Are obviously the furthest away from the stem. All other limbs of a flux are closer to the stem and therefore take their nutrients/feed from the plants network before anything reaches those 2 end and higher set points.
As we know cannabis plants recognise the highest points. These become dominant. So I force the 2 end sites to become dominant. This in turn means they ask for the most nutrients. Yet they are as said the last to draw anything from the strict mapped out structure.
The theory being I drop feed levels slightly till I notice it's wanting higher levels of nutrients. Then I steadily build my feeding. The 2 dominant sites being last in the chain, constantly want more than they get. So drive the plants overall uptake.

Hope that makes sense, this is why I'll try to do a side by side this run.

Cheers and please add any thoughts etc
It is a beautiful theory and your results appear to give it great credibility.

It is a beautiful theory and your results appear to give it great credibility.
Very nice of you to say.

On training, it's key not to go to hard at first and definitely don't go to close to growing tips when restraining. Always think of node spacing. If the growing tip is held down and unable to face light source you will elongate node spacing. Training wires always need to be set back slightly to help growing tips to face upwards towards light source.

This is truly exciting. I've watched another grower attempt a flux and now I get to watch the inventor of the flux at work!
I tried turning my back on the process many times as it felt like all that people thought of my growing was Fluxing. I was a prat lol. Instead of running away, I'm embracing it once more. Plus I'll finally show my last few tricks on it soon.
I've a way to speed the whole process up. Meaning a lot more viable for folks.
I'm UK and things are hard trying to build something in this business. FLUXING felt like an anchor for years. When perhaps it may be my wings after all.
We shall see together lol. I hope I give a good show in such a tight spot.
Thanks though for your comment. It really does matter at the moment for me as facing some troubles etc.
This community and you, both old and new friends keep me striving to just want to share and help anyone I can.
Cheers and sorry for long-winded reply. Thanks for being here

So, tonight I'll make my selection to which plant gets culled off. As said 2 decent size fluxes will give me more yield over squeezing 3 small ones through. The twins in same pot are ridiculous in their stank, so looks like I've somethin worth cloning and keeping for future runs. This will be when I show how to reduce the time on a flux by a month or so. Also when I see if I can mitigate staggered nodes on mature cutting with a few little tricks I have in mind.

This will be when I show how to reduce the time on a flux by a month or so. Also when I see if I can mitigate staggered nodes on mature cutting with a few little tricks I have in mind.
Awesome.

So, tonight I'll make my selection to which plant gets culled off. As said 2 decent size fluxes will give me more yield over squeezing 3 small ones through. The twins in same pot are ridiculous in their stank, so looks like I've somethin worth cloning and keeping for future runs. This will be when I show how to reduce the time on a flux by a month or so. Also when I see if I can mitigate staggered nodes on mature cutting with a few little tricks I have in mind.

My LP seeds have been sunk! I’m psyched for fluxing! I am also keen to hear about fluxing with clones/alternating nodes. Sent you an email sir, let’s talk! :passitleft:

My LP seeds have been sunk! I’m psyched for fluxing! I am also keen to hear about fluxing with clones/alternating nodes. Sent you an email sir, let’s talk! :passitleft:
Yep I'll reply in the week as working all weekend.

So, even the master makes a cock up lol. First lesson of Fluxing in a tiny box. Take out the plants from box when trying to train them up.
1 lost a main limb so have topped remaining arm to flux from that point.

I made my selection and culled the one with a low profile terp profile on the nose.

Then the lesser of the twins has a odd trate of missing the odd node, all by itself.
The bigger of twins is the best on the nose and is flying along.

Nutrients will be started next week.

The under over nodes are being taken off as they form. As are corresponding leaves. Now I'm just keeping things low and even.
Only during flower do I start raising the 2 end sites.

Have some pics

Well, we're still Fluxing along in my wee spot.
One of the twins is still being a little freak and missing limbs every so often by itself, then throwing out 2 from one node point. Yeah not the opposing node the same side giving 2 nodes worth of growth from one lol.
Soon I'll start tethering them down a bit more completely to be able to push growth where I want it. Simply by letting any point I want to gain growth, sit just a little higher than the rest of the plant.

Is fluxing a good strategy for autos? I am new to this and am about to go buy supplies this week.
Container instead of 5gal?
You are a god for creating this haha
You can indeed flux autos, yet it's something I wouldn't do unless experienced with the method. Plus simple topping and limb lst plus limb rotation gives maximum yield for autos. I've previous journals covering my auto training methods.
Yet put simply. I top at 3rd-5th node. Train limbs out horizontal for a while. But also manipulate them by slightly rotating every other set. So no limb over shadows another. (Best method with a fixed light source) I was able to be pulling 6-9 Oz per auto with this training, back when most were getting 2-3 oz

You can indeed flux autos, yet it's something I wouldn't do unless experienced with the method. Plus simple topping and limb lst plus limb rotation gives maximum yield for autos. I've previous journals covering my auto training methods.
Yet put simply. I top at 3rd-5th node. Train limbs out horizontal for a while. But also manipulate them by slightly rotating every other set. So no limb over shadows another. (Best method with a fixed light source) I was able to be pulling 6-9 Oz per auto with this training, back when most were getting 2-3 oz
Wow!!! I'm flabbergasted.

Glad to have you along, how's things with you?

So, I use a simple method of partly crushing node points when vertical growth need to be stalled. For this I would squeeze the top node of branch in question. If any lower nodes are branching off a little much for my liking I'd do it on the end of that secondary branch.
Then whilst I'm starting to build vertical growth for bud sites I simply repeatedly open the tiny end tips of each main branch. This lets light in to the normally closed up immature tip foliage. When done regularly this fools the plant into thinking that these nodes are mature and the plant produces the next node set.
This can bring down intermodal spacing to just 1-2cm and stacks future flowering sites crazy tight. Producing bigger denser colas.
Bookmarked! Thanks LA for this! Thanks also for returning. It was a bit sad when I came here a year and a bit ago and your wonderful posts were here but you were not. So happy to make your acquaintance, I'm ReservoirDog.

Back
Top Bottom