Light Addict: LA's Perpetual Garden

But also that has to be weighed against the time spent on training and whether that would offset another whole round or two in the same space with minimal training.
That’s a salient point, but I would probably argue that in coco I would fill his identical space inside of 60 days. Same difference to me. I’ve also never done it and now we have this awesome tutorial. Imma try it sometime.

Edit: although in a square 5x5 space I’d more likely do a quad flux using the third and fourth nodes.

That’s a salient point, but I would probably argue that in coco I would fill his identical space inside of 60 days. Same difference to me. I’ve also never done it and now we have this awesome tutorial. Imma try it sometime.

Edit: although in a square 5x5 space I’d more likely do a quad flux using the third and fourth nodes.
Don't go with a double nodes quad. FIM ya plant and get 4 limbs off one node to keep it a proper flux 😁

Don't go with a double nodes quad. FIM ya plant and get 4 limbs off one node to keep it a proper flux 😁
Ha! Thanks! And okay, but won’t I end up with a diagonal line of buds across the tent that way? Or you think all those spaces can be filled with two and a regular flux? I realize that what I suggested is really nothing more than a low quad. :rofl:

Ha! Thanks! And okay, but won’t I end up with a diagonal line of buds across the tent that way? Or you think all those spaces can be filled with two and a regular flux? I realize that what I suggested is really nothing more than a low quad. :rofl:
Also, do you think FIMming is better than simply topping? My experience with FIMming is that sometimes you get more than two and sometimes not. Topping is always the same and predictable?

Well, let's talk hormones.
I don't count 12 12 till second 24hr, simply as I take into consideration the shift in hormone levels taking a day to take hold. Hormone levels etc are of big interest to me as it's the basic understanding of our beloved plant at its purest.
I've 5 inch to lighting at mo, I can drop level another 1-2 inch across the board. Any plant so close to lighting source will show any issues way quicker and stronger. So you have to dial in fast. This obviously is my 1st run in this space.
So, I'll have to mess with the plants systems. Part crushing of top nodes will happen shortly I'm guessing lol. This shifts focus from vert development to bushing out of flower sites.

Have some pics 1st day into stretch.

Oh and selective defol is my other weapon.

The pics show at least 50 flower sites hidden by foliage. So tucking away is also key.

Well, let's talk hormones.
I don't count 12 12 till second 24hr, simply as I take into consideration the shift in hormone levels taking a day to take hold. Hormone levels etc are of big interest to me as it's the basic understanding of our beloved plant at its purest.
I've 5 inch to lighting at mo, I can drop level another 1-2 inch across the board. Any plant so close to lighting source will show any issues way quicker and stronger. So you have to dial in fast. This obviously is my 1st run in this space.
So, I'll have to mess with the plants systems. Part crushing of top nodes will happen shortly I'm guessing lol. This shifts focus from vert development to bushing out of flower sites.

Have some pics 1st day into stretch.

Oh and selective defol is my other weapon.

The pics show at least 50 flower sites hidden by foliage. So tucking away is also key.

Wow. This will be an awesome display of high level training. You only have 5” to the light? And from now until harvest in that space with just 5” you’re going to control it, not overgrow it, not burn it, and bring it all the way home? Think that will happen without even foxtailling her?

I’m so :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Wow. This will be an awesome display of high level training. You only have 5” to the light? And from now until harvest in that space with just 5” you’re going to control it, not overgrow it, not burn it, and bring it all the way home? Think that will happen without even foxtailling her?

I’m so :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Lol, first run in this space/setup. Yet I got my titles here mainly for small space grows.
I'm not saying I won't find it a challenge, yet this is what I love. If I'm not pushing myself I'm bored. I don't like easy growing. I become simply uninterested.
This is my idea of fun😊

Foxtailing ain't an issue. Light burn ain't either. If the plants are healthy I'm good.

Training em up to deal with the space limitations is my happy space so I'm not worried on that either to be honest. I'm not even thinking of stalling em yet with defol etc. 1 inch from light and I'll worry.

Thanks to all who take an interest in this little grow. It's one of my smallest ever. Yet I had a guy years back who thanked me for Fluxing. He lived in a country where he'd lose his life if caught growing (middle east) somewhere. He suffered from MS I believe, (could be wrong it was years back)
He was able to do a grow for his own meds, change his life dramatically. All in the space between his floor boards and the floor bellows ceiling.
Having something like that told you is humbling to say the least.

The other story on Fluxing that got me is an old pal on here. Had a big role in a rehabilitation clinic for veterans in the US. People who had lost limbs and were damaged mentally after what they went through.
He took Fluxing and ran with it. The place was in a legal state. So vet's could grow own meds for themselves. Because Fluxing is slow but detailed. He reckons it was suited to the mental process of rehab, yet also gave them their meds plentifully.
He had the whole place Fluxing as a process to aid their recovery.
It knocked me for six (cricket term, like a home run for you US folks)
I've been very lucky to of helped such folk.

I digress lol.

Yes I'll smash this grow HOPEFULLY 🤣🤣
It's my jam, my mission my passion and if it helps anyone else I've done my job.
Let's face it, more people have the opportunity to do the small micro grow than the big show as it were. I've done it all yet this lights a fire within me still as I believe it helps more folks.....

Have a couple of pics to try show vertical space etc

This is my idea of fun😊
I get that! I understand how the methodology can be engaging for people suffering war trauma too. It's like bonsai or art, a meditation of sorts.

I want to get a few more auto grows under my belt and then I might try to flux one.
You speak my language! Which neck of woods are you in L.A.?

Lol, first run in this space/setup. Yet I got my titles here mainly for small space grows.
I'm not saying I won't find it a challenge, yet this is what I love. If I'm not pushing myself I'm bored. I don't like easy growing. I become simply uninterested.
This is my idea of fun😊

Foxtailing ain't an issue. Light burn ain't either. If the plants are healthy I'm good.

Training em up to deal with the space limitations is my happy space so I'm not worried on that either to be honest. I'm not even thinking of stalling em yet with defol etc. 1 inch from light and I'll worry.

Thanks to all who take an interest in this little grow. It's one of my smallest ever. Yet I had a guy years back who thanked me for Fluxing. He lived in a country where he'd lose his life if caught growing (middle east) somewhere. He suffered from MS I believe, (could be wrong it was years back)
He was able to do a grow for his own meds, change his life dramatically. All in the space between his floor boards and the floor bellows ceiling.
Having something like that told you is humbling to say the least.

The other story on Fluxing that got me is an old pal on here. Had a big role in a rehabilitation clinic for veterans in the US. People who had lost limbs and were damaged mentally after what they went through.
He took Fluxing and ran with it. The place was in a legal state. So vet's could grow own meds for themselves. Because Fluxing is slow but detailed. He reckons it was suited to the mental process of rehab, yet also gave them their meds plentifully.
He had the whole place Fluxing as a process to aid their recovery.
I've been very lucky to of helped such folk.

I digress lol.

Yes I'll smash this grow HOPEFULLY 🤣🤣
It's my jam, my mission my passion and if it helps anyone else I've done my job.
Let's face it, more people have the opportunity to do the small micro grow than the big show as it were. I've done it all yet this lights a fire within me still as I believe it helps more folks.....

Have a couple of pics to try show vertical space etc

I’m honored with the extremely detailed answer as well as your willingness to give a little piece of yourself. Thanks.

So okay, I get all you said and I’ll be curious to watch how you pull it off. I’m the same way. I gotta always do something to keep myself into it. I have hula hoops in my next grow, lol. Big ones. However, I am not spatially challenged in the least. Even the smallest tent I have it’s 2x4x6, and houses a pair of lights that basically are mounted at ceiling level almost. Loads of vertical space.

This tent is the one I have a question about. You’ve got me fascinated with fluxing. I can see the potential for serious yield using the method. And it seems to work well in oddly shaped, rectangular spaces where you can flux the two sides out on the long sides of the rectangle.

So…could I grow a photo up to the 5th node, top it above 4, take every shoot below (but keep the leaves at first) out of play, and flux out the two shoots from the main shoot topping? I can easily do this and have already figured out how to make sure I can run the shoot all the way (two feet each way/each shoot) to the wall and keep the line nice and flat. And by the time I get out there, it’ll be flip time, or close I’d think. At least in my mind it works. Then I could let every branch from the flux grow straight up in the stretch and end up with long, huge colas. I would never have to trim OFF anything to accommodate a space issue and I could pick and choose what to keep and make it sweet.

Does that idea have legs at all?

Thanks so much. Again, amazing answer and I won’t continue to clog your thread with selfish questions, just thought maybe someone else may have had the same or similar one.

I’m honored with the extremely detailed answer as well as your willingness to give a little piece of yourself. Thanks.

So okay, I get all you said and I’ll be curious to watch how you pull it off. I’m the same way. I gotta always do something to keep myself into it. I have hula hoops in my next grow, lol. Big ones. However, I am not spatially challenged in the least. Even the smallest tent I have it’s 2x4x6, and houses a pair of lights that basically are mounted at ceiling level almost. Loads of vertical space.

This tent is the one I have a question about. You’ve got me fascinated with fluxing. I can see the potential for serious yield using the method. And it seems to work well in oddly shaped, rectangular spaces where you can flux the two sides out on the long sides of the rectangle.

So…could I grow a photo up to the 5th node, top it above 4, take every shoot below (but keep the leaves at first) out of play, and flux out the two shoots from the main shoot topping? I can easily do this and have already figured out how to make sure I can run the shoot all the way (two feet each way/each shoot) to the wall and keep the line nice and flat. And by the time I get out there, it’ll be flip time, or close I’d think. At least in my mind it works. Then I could let every branch from the flux grow straight up in the stretch and end up with long, huge colas. I would never have to trim OFF anything to accommodate a space issue and I could pick and choose what to keep and make it sweet.

Does that idea have legs at all?

Thanks so much. Again, amazing answer and I won’t continue to clog your thread with selfish questions, just thought maybe someone else may have had the same or similar one.
Yep everything you're saying is fine. Just remember to take all over under nodes off for best true flow through the flux 💪

Yep everything you're saying is fine. Just remember to take all over under nodes off for best true flow through the flux 💪
Ah! Okay so if I get it correctly you’re saying keep the shoots that come out side and side, not top and bottom. And I assume if that’s correct that these will alternate or something?

Thanks!

Ah! Okay so if I get it correctly you’re saying keep the shoots that come out side and side, not top and bottom. And I assume if that’s correct that these will alternate or something?

Thanks!
Yup my friend, we map out a perfect form of flow. Every other node you remove (under over sitting). As long as you let the main growing tips face the light constantly (tether an inch or 2 away from tip) then the nodal spacing isn't that much. This gives room to map out everything perfectly. Also once reaching the size you want, you must top each main limb a last time. Let these 2 resulting branches grow out. Then manipulate one of the shoots to be the end branch. Let it sit half inch above all others to gain dominance. Let the plant build 6-8 inches of vert growth, So each main flux arm as I call em has a slightly higher end branch.

The reason we top each main flux arm is simple. The whole plant will then have every single branch the same girth and structure. Otherwise the balance is off for uptake. Having all sites exactly same build/girth etc is key as is all sites having same space for the same light penetration and air flow.

The ends sitting higher is for my feeding loop for a flux that is explained a few pages back in detail

Back
Top Bottom