Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

SSD still plugging along
20161227_001736.jpg
20161227_001820.jpg

Hello LA and all,

I joined just to ask some questions.

I've been trying to read this whole thread but I'm afraid if I wait to ask for help, it might be too late. I'm a first time grower. I've been using cannabis as medicine for more than 10 years now and I have been an activist/advocate for cannabis as medicine for much of that time probably about 8-9 years now. I've worked in the "industry" as a budtender and I've worked for a consulting company, etc. And I've helped on a few grows a couple of times and helped harvest and trim a couple of times too but never grown myself.

This is my first grow because I finally live somewhere where I can grow!

I live in a state has legal medical and recreational cannabis and medical patients can grow for themselves. Unfortunately, the city I live in passed a law/ordinance last July to limit "sight and smell" of growing and processing cannabis. I had lobbied the city council to change that for 5 months. Finally, in November the Mayor told me that I could grow 1 plant and if anyone had any issues to tell them to talk to him! So, I have the mayor's permission to grow! We're going to get a new mayor next year, so I want to take advantage since the woman who may be our new mayor isn't as supportive about cannabis as the current mayor.

So, that's what I plan to do. I bought a bubba kush clone on February 2nd. I have her under at 24w florescent with 2 "day light" LEDs in the overhead light fixture. She is in soil. I've only given her water and some molasses in some of the water, so far. I let her soil dry out before watering her. She's on a 18/6 light schedule. I have not defoliated her or removed anything, yet. I have a fan blowing to help avoid heat spots and also to build her strength up. I have a heater in there to try to keep her warm, 70-80 degrees (not sure temps for UK, sorry).

I've transplanted her once and plan to transplant her one more time before putting her outside in April/May. I plan to camo her outside with corn, sunflowers, and various other plants/pots and would like to keep her low enough that the neighbors cannot see her or recognize her. I have 4 neighbors who share my fence line in my backyard. Two have balconies.

One of the balconies is pretty far away and a large tree is mostly in the way. But my neighbor to the south has a very close balcony and a very clear view of my backyard. Plus they can see my backyard clearly from some windows. He also happens to be the neighbor who told me the previous tenants were growing cannabis in one of the bedrooms and it smelled up the "whole" neighborhood. So, he already has issues with cannabis. I will need to talk to him more before she goes outside and starts smelling things up.

I was going to do a manifold/mainline technique on her but then someone posted a picture of your flux style. I think this is going to be the best style for me. It will keep her low but increase yield. Right now I'm so broke I cannot afford to buy cannabis, so I'm hoping that this harvest will keep me in supply for much of the year or at least until my money situation improves.

With the manifold idea in mind, I was waiting for her to get 6 nodes. She has 5 uneven nodes right now, with the 5th being pretty immature at the moment. For the flux style, I might have waited to long.

Another thing about nodes that is confusing me is: it looks like she may have been defoliated before I got her. I see some nubs below the first node with leaves. So, I'm not sure if I should count those as nodes or not. And now, I'm scared to take things off of her.

So far, I've read everything up until page 82 on this thread and I skipped ahead to see pictures of Gitt in flower and learned you got a pound off of her.

Some of the things I've read are a bit confusing to me. I really want to know what I can do right now to start Lil Miss Bubba Kush (AKA Mayor's Permission) in to the flux style. And then, I would really like very detailed info about how to train her with ties. Also, I don't understand the pinching you do to thicken the stem, etc. Those parts I'm a bit confused about.

I really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

Lil Miss Bubba Kush today (day 24 of adoption):
170225_02.jpg

170225_01.jpg

170225_03.jpg

I guess because she's a clone and has uneven nodes, I cannot flux her! WHAH! Ok, I'll wait patiently to hear what I can do to her. Maybe try the manifold style and try to get branches more even with lst?! Oh, well, I should get outside and get the yard cleaned up before we lose the sun today.

Finally, I got through this thread... What a massive amount of information... Thanks to all of you who participated, particularly LA!

I'm just starting to build a grow box, so Fluxing is definitely gonna help my height restrictions.

A couple of questions about meanings..

What is backbuilding?

What or Who is HSO?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom