Light bleaching? Def? Lockout? Burn? All of the above? Please help, thank you! First grow!

ProTools 2018

750w KindLed 100% red, blue, white 18 on- 6 off. Plant only 14” away
4th week of flower
Growers Choice GG4 Auto
Happy Frog Fox Farm soil
Remo Nutrients
6.6 ph water
Run off 6.8
700 ppm
2’x4’x6’ grow tent
Temperature has been 90% under 77 degrees Fahrenheit
50 - 60 Rh

Ok guys a lot to explain here but am getting pretty concerned at this point.

This plant took off very slow and was finicky than finally grew very fast and hard for about a week and a half in its first week of flower. I fed her to hot a few weeks ago apparently. (Burnt Tips) So I ran a flush of about 8 gallons over a weeks time and she is getting worse. Two of my digital ph testers are reading different. (Just noticed this) So now using the 3 drop system in a vile. Can I have nute burn along with a P/K defiency? (Purple stems and red leaf vains)

don’t know if I should keep flushing or supplement more nutrients. When I overfed the ppm was over 3000 . Now it’s at about 600-900 ppm. I don’t know exactly because I tested the run off multiple times and got different readings. Also I had my light to close for to long at 100%. It is now 2ft away at 100%. Is this still to much light?

*** The plant is healthier at the bottom and unhealthy at the top. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 54D94B21-3A73-4A89-83BF-E287B73A2D8F.jpeg
    54D94B21-3A73-4A89-83BF-E287B73A2D8F.jpeg
    690.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 3D19032E-DC68-4EB2-9260-6BABE6FB7F8A.jpeg
    3D19032E-DC68-4EB2-9260-6BABE6FB7F8A.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 35AD7C5F-2B26-4330-A139-9C2387E5F61C.jpeg
    35AD7C5F-2B26-4330-A139-9C2387E5F61C.jpeg
    551.4 KB · Views: 129
  • B1216A0C-B44B-4A9D-855A-E8026373F0DE.jpeg
    B1216A0C-B44B-4A9D-855A-E8026373F0DE.jpeg
    637.1 KB · Views: 121
Because your in flower and may not be getting new leaf growth it’s not easy. If you flushed good then I would wait until next time to feed and go with my normal ppm and watch for new calayxes. What’s your manufacturer recommended height on the lights? I would not have flushed for 8 days. I would however 100% be back to my ppm ASAP.

I'd raise and/or dim the light for a few days. Not sure on your lights specs but if it's 750w actual draw it may still be a bit close for a stressed out plant. I'd also ignore runoff ppm as it will have you chasing issues that may not even exist. Input at 6.3 ph and be sure to let the container get fairly light before watering. Not quite as dry as you'd want in veg perhaps but significantly more dry than moist.
Also 8 gallons over a week? Sounds like she may have been partly drowned there too. I think the standard flushing procedure is 3x pot size all in the same session so she can get right back to drying out. Hope this helps.

I have noticed over time. Where the plant is having problems can help diagnose problems. When I have had problems with the top of the plant is was caused by something to the roots at the bottom of the pot. Cal/Mag problems show in the middle of the plant. This not perfect by any means but it may help.

Sounds like so much has gone on you may want to repot. It will hurt production and slow things down but at least you know what the plant is sitting in. Fox Farm soil in flower may not be the perfect choice for soil. Lots of nitrogen that isn't needed in flower is in FF soil.

Here is one of the leaves. Top of plant is in some sort of later stage burn, ph or defiency. Bottom is green and normal. Red is creeping up side branches as well.
Because your in flower and may not be getting new leaf growth it’s not easy. If you flushed good then I would wait until next time to feed and go with my normal ppm and watch for new calayxes. What’s your manufacturer recommended height on the lights? I would not have flushed for 8 days. I would however 100% be back to my ppm ASAP.

Thank you Hydroholic for the reply! They say 2’ away from plants
Growing fast first week or two of flowering they go through a flowering stretch. Where they can double even triple in height. Then they stop upwards and start working on bud production. Try turning the light down a little or move it higher if you're burning the tops too

Thank you so much HUGE! Lol I did raise the light up to 2’ and turned the light down to 70%

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 81
Here is one of the leaves. Top of plant is in some sort of later stage burn, ph or defiency. Bottom is green and normal. Red is creeping up side branches as well.

Thank you Hydroholic for the reply! They say 2’ away from plants

Thank you so much HUGE! Lol I did raise the light up to 2’ and turned the light down to 70%
I see more deficiency in your fan leaves than I do nute burn or bleaching. It could also be 8 days under wet soil. Put some fans across the top of the pots and let them help dry the soil out faster so you can go back to feeding. I think your plants need food more than anything but your kind of in a pickle with the soggy soil.

I agree with everyone else...the 8 gals over a week is confusing though. Do you mean you flushed with 8 gals one day and then a few days later did another 8 gals or did you use the 8 gals over the span of a week like one gal a day. Flushing should be done all at once or just repot and lightly rinse off the root ball. The longer you let the nutes sit there the more the plant will uptake.

It looks like N deficiency to me, not so uncommon with flowering.
IMHO I'd just keep on a low nutrient feeding for week 4 of flower (now that almost everything is surely flushed out) and work your way up as it gets established again.
The plant doesnt look too bad, It could be way worse, so make sure you dont over-fix the problem.

I see more deficiency in your fan leaves than I do nute burn or bleaching. It could also be 8 days under wet soil. Put some fans across the top of the pots and let them help dry the soil out faster so you can go back to feeding. I think your plants need food more than anything but your kind of in a pickle with the soggy soil.

Thanks Hydroholic! That’s what I’m thinking as well. They look like they need some food to me as well.
I agree with everyone else...the 8 gals over a week is confusing though. Do you mean you flushed with 8 gals one day and then a few days later did another 8 gals or did you use the 8 gals over the span of a week like one gal a day. Flushing should be done all at once or just repot and lightly rinse off the root ball. The longer you let the nutes sit there the more the plant will uptake.

It looks like N deficiency to me, not so uncommon with flowering.
IMHO I'd just keep on a low nutrient feeding for week 4 of flower (now that almost everything is surely flushed out) and work your way up as it gets established again.
The plant doesnt look too bad, It could be way worse, so make sure you dont over-fix the problem.

It is confusing... apologies for not being specific. I did a 4 gallon flush first then the other 4 gallons when she dried out. I didn’t have the water to flush 10-14 gallons the first time. This is why I flushed separately. N deficient because of the red and purple correct? It is a 7 gallon pot too. So I could have flushed more but didn’t. (Again because of lack of water) I have been buying distilled water . I need to get a reservoir going!!!

I get
Thanks Hydroholic! That’s what I’m thinking as well. They look like they need some food to me as well.

It is confusing... apologies for not being specific. I did a 4 gallon flush first then the other 4 gallons when she dried out. I didn’t have the water to flush 10-14 gallons the first time. This is why I flushed separately. N deficient because of the red and purple correct? It is a 7 gallon pot too. So I could have flushed more but didn’t. (Again because of lack of water) I have been buying distilled water . I need to get a reservoir going!!!
Try to find other pictures of your same strain and see if it is normal for it’s genetics. If it’s new growth and turns green I wouldn’t worry to much. I have a couple plants that put out purple stems at first. Some will stay dependent on its genetics.

Attachments

• E81F9C4C-DCC6-4592-B213-687F8B478F23.jpeg
    E81F9C4C-DCC6-4592-B213-687F8B478F23.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 85
I get

Try to find other pictures of your same strain and see if it is normal for it’s genetics. If it’s new growth and turns green I wouldn’t worry to much. I have a couple plants that put out purple stems at first. Some will stay dependent on its genetics.

It is Gorilla Glue #4
No red or purple in this strain. it seams to me they got burnt and deficient at the same time. I’m wondering if this is possible. Thank you

It is Gorilla Glue #4
No red or purple in this strain. it seams to me they got burnt and deficient at the same time. I’m wondering if this is possible. Thank you
Feed them and just watch for new flower growth. PH being off will cause both so it’s possible. I think if you feed you will be back on track and plants should respond quickly.

it seams to me they got burnt and deficient at the same time. I’m wondering if this is possible.

I would agree with this. Can't you get sick and break a leg at the same time? Its possible. But from what you have said so far, it looks like they became burnt and then you (possibly over) flushed creating the N deficiency. (BTW its the pale leaf color of the fan leaves and newer growth, N supports new vegetative growth) Google image search for cannabis nutrient deficiencies or search the forums theyre pretty good resources.

I dont know about purple stems....theres A LOT of theories out there being debated. I think its a cannabis trait IMHO, sometimes is shows up and sometimes it doesnt..warm/cold, genetics/or not, this/that...it just seems to show up some times for no reason at all. I would love to be corrected on this by someone that knows for sure. Anyone with the info, please link white papers or something scientific. For now, with my personal experience and what I have read over the years, just ignore purple stems. It happens. Personally, I think its a gene thing. (Full disclosure: not a bio-geneticist)

Not sure on your lights specs but if it's 750w actual draw

I don't know the actual model number, and there may be multiple ones that this company advertises as a "750w" product - but I just did a quick web search for:
Code:
Kind 750w watt

...and saw that the "K5 Series XL750" model is a (maximum) 430-watt device.

I would agree with this. Can't you get sick and break a leg at the same time? Its possible. But from what you have said so far, it looks like they became burnt and then you (possibly over) flushed creating the N deficiency. (BTW its the pale leaf color of the fan leaves and newer growth, N supports new vegetative growth) Google image search for cannabis nutrient deficiencies or search the forums theyre pretty good resources.

I dont know about purple stems....theres A LOT of theories out there being debated. I think its a cannabis trait IMHO, sometimes is shows up and sometimes it doesnt..warm/cold, genetics/or not, this/that...it just seems to show up some times for no reason at all. I would love to be corrected on this by someone that knows for sure. Anyone with the info, please link white papers or something scientific. For now, with my personal experience and what I have read over the years, just ignore purple stems. It happens. Personally, I think its a gene thing. (Full disclosure: not a bio-geneticist)

Thank you Hydrofireman!! That makes sense to me. Here is what they look like as of today Friday the 13th . She is wet right now. Should I wait till she dries out (coco) before I lightly feed?

Attachments

• 797A072D-52FC-456A-A292-96194CE653C4.jpeg
    797A072D-52FC-456A-A292-96194CE653C4.jpeg
    835.6 KB · Views: 81
  • B8F15798-6EC9-4F19-BC9A-1CBEF725769A.jpeg
    B8F15798-6EC9-4F19-BC9A-1CBEF725769A.jpeg
    664.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 00594064-3910-4B68-8445-474C7809E0B9.jpeg
    00594064-3910-4B68-8445-474C7809E0B9.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 23017945-E5FB-4CEF-B538-0003A38AD0B0.jpeg
    23017945-E5FB-4CEF-B538-0003A38AD0B0.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 75
  • C138F02D-CA32-4FD8-92BF-DF0E1489FE84.jpeg
    C138F02D-CA32-4FD8-92BF-DF0E1489FE84.jpeg
    687.3 KB · Views: 82
Thank you Hydrofireman!! That makes sense to me. Here is what they look like as of today Friday the 13th . She is wet right now. Should I wait till she dries out (coco) before I lightly feed?

This is stressful... lol Learning patience growing these girls. Check this crazy ass foxtail mess. This was my 1st plant. The one I am concerned about is now is my second plant ever.

This is stressful... lol Learning patience growing these girls. Check this crazy ass foxtail mess. This was my 1st plant. The one I am concerned about is now is my second plant ever.

Attachments

• 7C2E1665-1035-4587-B83D-637EC5C3F010.jpeg
    7C2E1665-1035-4587-B83D-637EC5C3F010.jpeg
    656.4 KB · Views: 79
  • EA601B20-2F39-4AC9-AE71-BF209C9425A7.jpeg
    EA601B20-2F39-4AC9-AE71-BF209C9425A7.jpeg
    586.2 KB · Views: 79
  • DD58EE50-BB12-4389-B94D-E1B315BD72C1.jpeg
    DD58EE50-BB12-4389-B94D-E1B315BD72C1.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom