Light bleaching? Def? Lockout? Burn? All of the above? Please help, thank you! First grow!

You've definitely got yourself into a jam and the clocks ticking. Burned before yes, can see. Now, she looks hungry to me. Understandably you've become nutrient shy now and the next wrong move will nullify this grow. You'll have no time to recover. What I would do, if you were to give me that plant and I wanted to nurse it back to health quickly. Cause if you do it right, she can recover. I would not over think things. I would use distilled water. Distilled water does not need to be PH checked, it is perfectly neutral and whatever the mediums PH is you are adding it to, it will become that PH. Healthy PH soil and distilled all the time = simplicity. Simplicity makes taking a wrong turn less likely. I would water her with distilled water and Black Strap Molasses (SULFUR FREE) at the rate of a teaspoon per quart. You can not use to much of this stuff. It feeds the soil microbes, which then thrive and create channels for nutrients that would not make it up the roots otherwise. Molasses, specifically black strap, is a great potassium and magnesium source for plant as well. I would first poor 2 gallons of distilled through her for a rinse. Would let that drain off well, then water her with the Molasses / distilled mix. Until runoff. Before have doing any of this, I would do the most crucial thing that will answer your question quickly. I would take my Medina Hasta La Gro, 6-12-6, follow the instructions for foliar feeding. Make a solution 75% of what the instructions call for. I would isolate not the best Cola nor the worst. Carefully give this Cola and this Cola only a foliar feeding using misting bottle. Honestly, I'd do the whole plant, but if you're leery, do 1 cola. Put her near the lights but not direct. Temporarily turn off any fans and allow the meal to soak in. It is extremely non residual. Won't ruin your buds. You won't have to do it again, but you will, your next grow in vegetative state. Cause the stuff is awesome. It is nearly impossible to burn. Salt build up is minimal. Try this my friend. I bet you anything it will work.

I understand the pic examples I'm including are totally different stage. But the point is speed of recovery. The mutilated looking twigs were plants a buddy of mine was beating every way silly in a solo cup. He'd gone back and forth between deciding they needed nutrients, to flushing them. He had no idea where to go. He gave them to me. I did exactly what I just described to you except also repotted and in only 4 days, they were completely different plants. Bastards turned out males but were part of my journey of learning and success. I will only start and grow seeds from seed banks now, auto or fem. Good luck, but I don't think you'll need it. Try this and nothing luck related to it, just Botany and the way the grow will go

What a difference! So cool to see plants come alive like that. So the distilled 7.0 neutral should be ok?

What a difference! So cool to see plants come alive like that. So the distilled 7.0 neutral should be ok?
Yes, definitely. That is the nice thing about using distilled. It is completely neutral. It will become the same PH as your soil.... Post since pics after 24-36 hours. I'm positive it will make her happy...

I don't know the actual model number, and there may be multiple ones that this company advertises as a "750w" product - but I just did a quick web search for:
Code:
Kind 750w watt

...and saw that the "K5 Series XL750" model is a (maximum) 430-watt device.

Thank you tortured!

I like that "Max wattage: 750w" line. But only because I'm depressed and needed a good laugh. Usually, even the lying marketing department doesn't get to do that. This company must be run by a liar.

But the laughter aside, it's not cool to do that to ignorant newbies who cannot be expected to know better.

At least whoever in the company it was that decided to pull that shit is a halfwit who doesn't understand the first thing about electricity, basic math, or both :rolleyes: . Take a look at the 'Amperage;" line. 3.58A @ 120VAC.

Watts = Volts x Amps.

Watts = 120 x 3.58

Watts = 429.6

750w... my ass.

Thank you! Yes it is bullshit!

Ok gang here are the latest pics. This is what I did to try and solve this problem with burn than flush than deficient, along with being to close to the light. I added 2 gallons of blackstrap molasses at a teaspoon per liter at 6.5 after drying out a bit. I also foliar fed with Medina Hasta Grow 6-12-6. Let sit with no fan and direct light for 3 hrs than put back under 50% light. Waiting on letting the blackstrap feed dry out before feeding her Remo Nutrients again. ***** I had to wait 3 days for the Hasta Grow food to show up from Amazon. So during these 3 days of waiting for this product the plant became worse off. I foliar fed her on Wednesday. It is now Sat. She seems to be getting greener now but I feel like she was a bit to far gone by the time I got the Hasta Grow 6-12-6. Haven’t fed her nutes for about 2 weeks. Am I on the right track here gang?!?!? Trying to save this Grow!!!!
@Emilya!!

Attachments

• 6ED1BC13-1153-4052-B395-77F077A9A961.jpeg
    6ED1BC13-1153-4052-B395-77F077A9A961.jpeg
    775 KB · Views: 35
  • 20E0FC3D-7C7D-403C-9652-FAF090F848D3.jpeg
    20E0FC3D-7C7D-403C-9652-FAF090F848D3.jpeg
    846.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 6D10CB69-AC61-4DC8-926B-392CC2B31219.jpeg
    6D10CB69-AC61-4DC8-926B-392CC2B31219.jpeg
    736.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 225CB78F-6B54-41F4-BA64-610A9DF7309E.jpeg
    225CB78F-6B54-41F4-BA64-610A9DF7309E.jpeg
    813 KB · Views: 40
  • 9A1044FE-03C6-4129-B688-525F2C9909F2.jpeg
    9A1044FE-03C6-4129-B688-525F2C9909F2.jpeg
    803.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 0530127F-ECE5-4079-8A02-C44CB04F283B.jpeg
    0530127F-ECE5-4079-8A02-C44CB04F283B.jpeg
    758.9 KB · Views: 36
I don’t think they know how to implement the UV properly. That’s almost an industrial size light on a few plants.

I know! Would it be better to dim the light or keep it at 100% and raise it higher. I have it at 50% now. If it needs to be higher I have to take down my tent. The tent is in the closet.

Should I defoliate some of these dying leaves?? Or keep them to help feed these buds?
I leave my fan leaves in flower unless they just fall off when you brush them. The plant will pull nutrients out of the lower leaves first. Looks like you are far into flower so you may not get any new big fan leaves to see if you improved. I always look for lots of new calyx if the plant is in good shape after stretch.

I leave my fan leaves in flower unless they just fall off when you brush them. The plant will pull nutrients out of the lower leaves first. Looks like you are far into flower so you may not get any new big fan leaves to see if you improved. I always look for lots of new calyx if the plant is in good shape after stretch.

Thank you Hydroholic.

Should I defoliate some of these dying leaves?? Or keep them to help feed these buds?
Yes, it will be ok. I'm trying that this grow, heavy defoliation in early flower. Not being critical of your plant, in fact the buds still look very nice, but my defoliation and you doing it now are completely different and typically I wouldn't recommend defoliating a plant that is not very healthy in the first place, but at this point, it appears the leaves are rather drained and holding back lower growth. The sugar leaves on the flowers and flowers themselves are energy producers. The fan leaves primarily fuel vegetative growth. Then support the flowers by giving them nutrients if needed during bloom. The fan leaves don't fuel flower growth, but they can hamper it, primarily indoor grows. Outdoors the sun, wind, full horizon exposure makes this null outside. I'm no expert on the matter. Just now seeing what happens. I stripped down my OG Kush 1 week ago. They were on 3 weeks 12/12. The fan leaves completely covered any bud that wasn't on the top. The pics that are in the collage are before and 1 week later showing the inside bottom of the plant. Had I not defoliated these buds sites would never have developed. Note, I did not totally strip every fan leaf from the plants. Articles I read said to keep the top 2 fan leaves of every Cola and any outer or lower fan leaves that do not cover or interfere with a bud site. However, I did strip every single inside leaf. Going to circle some bud sites that I think are quite impressive and I feel my grow supports the notion that fan leaves can be completely (majority) removed during flowering, on a healthy plant. I think you need to defoliate, at this point the leaves are hampering more than helping the plant and use that medina with distilled water to feed her. By watering this time though. All I use is Medina, even in Veg, I use only medina and organic soil tabs at planting which are 3-4-3. I've never had a slow growing plant. I've never had a yellowing deficient plant. Going to include pics of 4 OG Clones that are in good Veg now, in training and only getting Medina and Molasses. They too got organic soil tabs. They were clipped from there mother plants on 9/1. They've had roots forming since 9/4, no rooting hormones, suspended them in beta tank only, roots form easily. They're now 3 weeks old, not getting any crazy high nitrogen monster grow formula and growing extremely fast. I've bent them over and training them to have nice canopy. The color difference in the leaves in the 1 collage is just from using different setting on white balance.

Attachments

• 20190912_003820.jpg
    20190912_003820.jpg
    839.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190908_174646.jpg
    20190908_174646.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190913_192509.jpg
    20190913_192509.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190922_134207.jpg
    20190922_134207.jpg
    851.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20190921_213844.jpg
    20190921_213844.jpg
    712.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190921_183931.jpg
    20190921_183931.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 31
Yes, it will be ok. I'm trying that this grow, heavy defoliation in early flower. Not being critical of your plant, in fact the buds still look very nice, but my defoliation and you doing it now are completely different and typically I wouldn't recommend defoliating a plant that is not very healthy in the first place, but at this point, it appears the leaves are rather drained and holding back lower growth. The sugar leaves on the flowers and flowers themselves are energy producers. The fan leaves primarily fuel vegetative growth. Then support the flowers by giving them nutrients if needed during bloom. The fan leaves don't fuel flower growth, but they can hamper it, primarily indoor grows. Outdoors the sun, wind, full horizon exposure makes this null outside. I'm no expert on the matter. Just now seeing what happens. I stripped down my OG Kush 1 week ago. They were on 3 weeks 12/12. The fan leaves completely covered any bud that wasn't on the top. The pics that are in the collage are before and 1 week later showing the inside bottom of the plant. Had I not defoliated these buds sites would never have developed. Note, I did not totally strip every fan leaf from the plants. Articles I read said to keep the top 2 fan leaves of every Cola and any outer or lower fan leaves that do not cover or interfere with a bud site. However, I did strip every single inside leaf. Going to circle some bud sites that I think are quite impressive and I feel my grow supports the notion that fan leaves can be completely (majority) removed during flowering, on a healthy plant. I think you need to defoliate, at this point the leaves are hampering more than helping the plant and use that medina with distilled water to feed her. By watering this time though. All I use is Medina, even in Veg, I use only medina and organic soil tabs at planting which are 3-4-3. I've never had a slow growing plant. I've never had a yellowing deficient plant. Going to include pics of 4 OG Clones that are in good Veg now, in training and only getting Medina and Molasses. They too got organic soil tabs. They were clipped from there mother plants on 9/1. They've had roots forming since 9/4, no rooting hormones, suspended them in beta tank only, roots form easily. They're now 3 weeks old, not getting any crazy high nitrogen monster grow formula and growing extremely fast. I've bent them over and training them to have nice canopy. The color difference in the leaves in the 1 collage is just from using different setting on white balance.

Those are beautiful Greenblood. Nice work and appreciate the help. I also think I fed with the Hasta Grow foliar spray a touch hot. Is the Medina product Hasta grow all organic or synthetic? Remo is not Organic. Also do you feed molasses regularly through veg as well? I am a true 36” away from my light now. Hope this girl can bounce back. Still mostly very green from the middle down.

I did the same thing a way back, Emilya told me to flush a five gallon smart pot with three gallons of pHed water, then mix up some nutes and feed.
She told me to leave all damaged leaves on, because the plant's would benefit from them before they come off.
My plant's bounced back within a few days. I think it's around page 12 of my journal of you want to see my F- up.
You'll be okay.
Growing is learning and we all do that. :thumb:

I did the same thing a way back, Emily's told me to flush a five gallon smart pot with three gallons of pHed water, then mix up some nutes and feed.
She told me to leave all damaged leaves on, because the plant's would benefit from them before they come off.
My plant's bounced back within a few days. I think it's around page 18 of my journal of you want to see my F- up.
You'll be okay.

Thank you John I appreciate it

You had some good help here, I also forgot to put the medium that I was using on my post, during my panic, just like you.
It's all good. :thumb:

You had some good help here, I also forgot to put the medium that I was using on my post, during my panic, just like you.
It's all good. :thumb:

Thank you John! Yes learning a ton here with the first grow. Lol I know it’s nearly impossible to diagnose my problem if I do not specify each and every step I have done thus far. It’s tons of info.

Thank you John! Yes learning a ton here with the first grow. Lol I know it’s nearly impossible to diagnose my problem if I do not specify each and every step I have done thus far. It’s tons of info.

Hey Brother, you're not alone. Page 12 of my journal.

Look . . .

I feel like a bad parent. :hmmmm:

Attachments
Coming soon,

John's Wicked Bloom Room: Powered by Budget Led

John's Wicked New Grow.

How to Make a Grow Journal:nomo:
The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant :Rasta:
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil :thedoubletake:

420 Contests
420 Guidelines FAQ's
Sponsors | 420 MAGAZINE ®

Plant Abuse Chart:nervous-guy::thedoubletake:

"Beware of the plant eating Cat"

I know! Would it be better to dim the light or keep it at 100% and raise it higher. I have it at 50% now. If it needs to be higher I have to take down my tent. The tent is in the closet.
most LED aren’t made to run at 100%. Run red
I did the same thing a way back, Emilya told me to flush a five gallon smart pot with three gallons of pHed water, then mix up some nutes and feed.
My plant's bounced back within a few days. I think it's around page 18 of my journal of you want to see my F- up.
You'll be okay.

Every thing I have read goes along this line. Plants will devour older leaves to save themselves or to pull extra nutrients it needs.
I defoliate heavily (lollipop) right before flip but tend to leave the plant alone except heavily covered bud sites.
Right or wrong I believe a plant will produce from the beginning of flower what it needs to prosper through flower. If it has gone through a life of hell maybe it produces more fan leaves to draw back on. Dunno if it’s correct but it’s how I think about anything alive.

most LED aren’t made to run at 100%. Run red

Every thing I have read goes along this line. Plants will devour older leaves to save themselves or to pull extra nutrients it needs.
I defoliate heavily (lollipop) right before flip but tend to leave the plant alone except heavily covered bud sites.
Right or wrong I believe a plant will produce from the beginning of flower what it needs to prosper through flower. If it has gone through a life of hell maybe it produces more fan leaves to draw back on. Dunno if it’s correct but it’s how I think about anything alive.

Yep, Survival.

Those are beautiful Greenblood. Nice work and appreciate the help. I also think I fed with the Hasta Grow foliar spray a touch hot. Is the Medina product Hasta grow all organic or synthetic? Remo is not Organic. Also do you feed molasses regularly through veg as well? I am a true 36” away from my light now. Hope this girl can bounce back. Still mostly very green from the middle down.
The Medina is all organic. I use the molasses about every other watering, throughout the plants lifespan. Try to keep the fertilizer amount at no more than 90% recommended dose. Medina can be used every feeding. I don't think you need to worry about any of that being light burn. Also, can likely move your light to minimum of 24" I understand your worry of the light burn, you've a powerful LED. The light I use for VEG is a high quality LED. A KING 1000, it had 684 true watts and at 20" will burn any stage plant. So I keep at 24" remove all the yellowing fan leaves, only leave 1 if it's still viable and not shading a bud site. Bring the light down a bit, water with distilled, Medina and Molasses. Don't PH adjust the distilled water, even though it says 7, that's not the same as tap water 7. Distilled is purely neutral. Tap water, if 7, is so with minerals and such which influence that 7 reading and average against what your adding it to. Distilled water at 7, will not affect the medium your adding it to. When using distilled, if you're taking the steps of Ph'ing and adjusting, it is unnecessary. Plus, Medina has Humic Acid included, this ingredient helps maintain that acidic soil needed.

The Medina is all organic. I use the molasses about every other watering, throughout the plants lifespan. Try to keep the fertilizer amount at no more than 90% recommended dose. Medina can be used every feeding. I don't think you need to worry about any of that being light burn. Also, can likely move your light to minimum of 24" I understand your worry of the light burn, you've a powerful LED. The light I use for VEG is a high quality LED. A KING 1000, it had 684 true watts and at 20" will burn any stage plant. So I keep at 24" remove all the yellowing fan leaves, only leave 1 if it's still viable and not shading a bud site. Bring the light down a bit, water with distilled, Medina and Molasses. Don't PH adjust the distilled water, even though it says 7, that's not the same as tap water 7. Distilled is purely neutral. Tap water, if 7, is so with minerals and such which influence that 7 reading and average against what your adding it to. Distilled water at 7, will not affect the medium your adding it to. When using distilled, if you're taking the steps of Ph'ing and adjusting, it is unnecessary. Plus, Medina has Humic Acid included, this ingredient helps maintain that acidic soil needed.

Cool! I will do that with the Medina! Good info thank you. Here is what I found on distilled water. It is made to be 7. This article sais because of the plastic jug it comes in, it absorbs the atmosphere (carbon dioxide) The water is actually closer to 5.8ph. I do not know how true this is. It does make sense.

Back
Top Bottom